/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do 7/10 Muslim converts end up leaving?

blobcatmap
10-11-2018, 04:25 AM
I keep reading this online, and just wanted to hear your thoughts on this. Lack of support? Just a general loss of interest? Conversion to another religion?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
10-11-2018, 04:33 AM
I would really question that statistic bro. What site did you get it from?

xboxisdead
10-11-2018, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I keep reading this online, and just wanted to hear your thoughts on this. Lack of support? Just a general loss of interest? Conversion to another religion?

You have to A) first show main sources of what you are talking about and B) you have to see the intention on how they converted and whether they did it by gun on their head or and this is not new they convert to Islam...they pretend everything is danddy and dorry and they are happy only to leave fold of Islam in huge fold in purpose to make people question the religion and form of attack in the religion itself. This was done in the day of the prophet (peace be upon him) and to prevent this from happening again or cause an attack in Islam anyone leaving the fold of Islam and refused to return back was to be killed. Just because someone is standing right beside you in prayer and saying Allah Akbar does not mean that person does not have a diseased heart or a spy or a hypocrite. The worst are the one who act like you, speak your language, and even go pray with you in the mosque but they are your worst enemy.

Mandy
10-11-2018, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blobcatmap
I doubt that number a lot. I was told by many most convert stay. Are you sure it is not the other way around and 7 in 10 that stay?

I can assume some people probably leave Islam after converting because they did not convert for the right reason in the first place. Personally, that is one of the reasons I have waited before really converting even if I have been considering it for over a year. I believe it was important to convert and accept all of Islam, and until I was ready to do so, I should not cherry pick what I wanted to follow or not. Maybe some people convert too quickly before they are ready to accept all that will be required of them.

But each have their own path.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Yes i would question the reliability of the source. How they collected they data? The sample size? Researchers political motive? etc.

alfaqir
10-11-2018, 09:05 PM
i don't know about this statistics, but i can imagine that too. I've seen many people saying the shahada once, because they grew an interest for islam from their readings or some film, then was never seen again in the mosque. I don't know what happen with those, they probably didn't really know what they subscribe to.

Another "category" i observed were very zealous and active in the beginning but then went from one extreme to another, before leaving it all together and i suspect they found no fulfillment for their spiritual or communal needs and had not means to find the right community, friends or guidence that fitted them. They may encounter ethnocentric communities where they feel themselves alien, the so frequent obsession with (sometimes minor?) dry legal topics, middle eastern politics, intra-muslim religious hostilities ("these are kafirs, those are kafirs" etc.) these can all scare away or confuse a fresh convert if they are "not prepared" how to handle it or find their own way.

blobcatmap
10-11-2018, 09:22 PM
It's very easy to fall into the trap of wanting to "fit in" rather than wanting to please God.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.