/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading people who are against Islam

ameerkam
10-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Salaam

Is it permissible to read something (an article etc.) that has some content that criticises Islam but you have the right intention reading it. As in mainly focusing on the parts that are useful. Also does this contradict the Quran verse that denounced people who listened to “idle talks” which I believe referred to the polytheists who read poetry that said horrible things about Islam and the Prophet (PBUH).

Nowadays, Muslims comment on things said by people who are against Islam (such as criticising Donald Trump and bigoted people like that). They wouldn’t be able to comment on it properly unless they were reading/listening to what was being said.
It would really help if someone would clear this up for me.

Jazzakallahu Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-11-2018, 06:53 PM
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftisays...0%2C8852284196

Please dont ignore this - Anti Islamic Sites - IslamQA
Dated: 07-06-06To All Muslim ScholorsSUBJECT: INFORMATION ABOUT AN ANTI-ISLAM WEB SITE.Respected Sir, My name is Waqas Ahmed doing job as well as study. I...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.