/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do YOU think Islam is correct?

Kaden
10-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Hello!
I am a Christian, and decided to sort of branch out and learn new things. Particularly, I wanted to learn about Islam and hopefully spread some Christian ideas while learning Islamic ones (let’s be honest, a lot of Christians and Muslims don’t know very much about each other’s religions) but while searching the web, a thought crossed my mind. A scary thought. What if I’m wrong? What it my religion was the wrong one. I was originally very agnostic, but recently found Christianity, and the main reason for me it learn about it was, “why take the chance of going to Hell?” So I learned about it and converted and really got into the faith. But what if I’m wrong? I know most of you think I am wrong, and that you are right, but why? None of us want to go to hell, and all of us should want to worship His righteousness and love him. So I made an account here and I’ve decided to ask questions. So, why do you believe in Islam? Is it simply a matter of faith? Is it simply out of fear of Hell? I WANT to follow God’s path. I WANT to do his will so I can get into heaven. But I Feel likes it’s just a guessing game.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
10-11-2018, 10:33 PM
I hope your old enough to know better.

What part of the religion makes you doubt?

...I honestly know people who are the pillars of faith within my family..real learned men with Islamic education.. and they don't give a toss what comes out of the mouth.

It's sad to spend time in their company.

I suppose that is the security of religion and what disappoints me.

How I have to turn away a thought and they would still act upon it.

Honestly I thought it was waswas but it was just the other guys dinner conversation.

..if I had entertained the thought it would have been worse, he was even disrespectful in turning it away.

One day I wont have to write for any of you.

..I'm sure it used to be like that.

But really I think I used to be just like them.

I am still adamant it wasn't my thought..

But it's not what ya think that counts, it's how you articulate it.

My people would bash you over the head with anything.

..n ain't that hell.

I just don't have it in me to reciprocate.

Id have to be drunk or worse to talk again lol.

There is only one, how can you pick the wrong one??

If what you do is not accepted of you then you have to ask why?

If your not happy being a tyrant then who do you have to change?

Blind faith will only ever be answered on the day of judgement.

eesa the kiwi
10-11-2018, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kaden
Hello!
I am a Christian, and decided to sort of branch out and learn new things. Particularly, I wanted to learn about Islam and hopefully spread some Christian ideas while learning Islamic ones (let’s be honest, a lot of Christians and Muslims don’t know very much about each other’s religions) but while searching the web, a thought crossed my mind. A scary thought. What if I’m wrong? What it my religion was the wrong one. I was originally very agnostic, but recently found Christianity, and the main reason for me it learn about it was, “why take the chance of going to Hell?” So I learned about it and converted and really got into the faith. But what if I’m wrong? I know most of you think I am wrong, and that you are right, but why? None of us want to go to hell, and all of us should want to worship His righteousness and love him. So I made an account here and I’ve decided to ask questions. So, why do you believe in Islam? Is it simply a matter of faith? Is it simply out of fear of Hell? I WANT to follow God’s path. I WANT to do his will so I can get into heaven. But I Feel likes it’s just a guessing game.
Peace be upon those who accept guidance

I'm a convert to Islam from christianity welcome to the forum

The prophets alayhis Salam were given miracles by which the people would know that they were truthful. Musa had the sea split for example but these miracles were limited to a specific time and place

As Prophet Muhammad sallaho alayhi wa sallam was the final messenger to mankind the miracle he was sent with had to outlive him. His miracle was the Quran. The Quran is such that it could only have come from Allah (note Allah is just the Arabic name for God. Arab Jews and Christians call god Allah)

Have a read of the translation of the Quran

azc
10-12-2018, 04:30 AM
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=160221

Why Islam is the only true religion - Islam web - English
Why Islam is the only true religion Assalam Alaykum Dear Brother how can we say that Islam is the only true religion when there are also other religio.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
10-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Hello!
Selamun aleykum Kaden.
First I want to say that you are asking the right questions. getting answers to them will make your faith stronger. It is a good thing to have faith out of fear of hell and to do good deeds just because your religion orders you to do it. but do you know what is even better than that? To have faith just because you want to please God...to do good things just because you want to and because God also loves that.

Why is Islam the right religion and every other religion wrong?
You have to know the history here, why different religions exist and how they developed.

We believe that Allah (God) is the ultimate creator. He created the universe, solar system and stars, the Earth, life, us humans, but also every law of nature, gravity, etc.
Scientists say that the Big bang was the beginning of everything. That may be true, but still...even the big bang (if that IS true) is designed, programmed, created, and initiated by God.
So God is still in the background in this.

The same with evolution...if that turns out to be true, then God is in the background, using evolution as a tool to create the different species.

The thing is that the true religion has to be in harmony with laws of nature, reality, truth and justice towards anyone.

Now, the Bible and Quraan both say that Adam as was the first human on Earth. That God created us out of dust, clay and earth. Scientists say evolution. this may seem to contradict each other, but if you think about it, animals also turn back into dust, clay and earth after they die. So, there is definitely a link there. How the process really took place, we can only guess at the moment and investigate more...but the point here is, that both scenario's are just point of views of the same event. they do not contradict each other.

So, Adam as was the first human to walk the earth. And he knew God was his creator because he had direct connection with Him. He preached about God to his children as a prophet. He teached them the purpose of their creation and what they had to do to please God. After generations and especially after Adam as has passed away, people started to add new items and "innovations" to their daily rituals started to wander off the right path and so the new religion have been born and started to develop.
This continued until the original message was totally lost or almost lost and a new prophet was necessary to teach the right path and call people back to the one and only religion. sometimes a new prophet introduced new laws because humans have been developing and discovered new things.
Alcohol could not be made forbidden in Adam as time because it was not even discovered yet. After that prophet died, people started to wander off again after a few generations.
Some prophets came to a specific group of people to guide them back to the right path...others were global prophets.

How many prophets came to us to guide us back, no one knows. it may be a hundered or ever several thousands...we do not know...but what we DO know that every civilization, tribe, or group of people, no matter how isolated they live, received a prophet or at least received the divine message at some point in the history.

In short...every religion that exists now originated from the one and only true religion. every true prophet send to us teached us the one and only religion.
That is why Christianity, Judaism and Islaam have so many prophets. that is also why the "stories" in the Bible, Thorah and Quraan are basically the same.

So, we now know how the different religions existed and all of them are human made and false, except for one...but which one?
It is the one that every prophet has been preaching.

The Jews somehow do not acknowledge Jesus as as the new messenger of God. They stick to their own laws in the Thorah Given by Moses as and Talmud and reject Jesus as.
But Jesus as DID come to Earth to preach the divine message and to guide us back to the truth. The Jews DID witness the various miracles of Jesus as...how he healed the sick, walked on water, and turned the dead back to life.
How he was born from a virgin mother, and how he saved his mother by testifying as a few days old baby. But still the Jews would not accept Jesus as as the new prophet.
Both Jesus as and Moses as came down with new laws. Moses as brought us the Thorah and Jesus as brought us the Gospels.

The same with Muhammed sas. He also came to the earth to teach us one final time the true path. several times he preached that he was the last prophet to be send to us and that the only one after him that comes back to the earth was Jesus as and the he will follow the rules in the Quraan, that he will fight the Dajjal (antichrist) and eventually die a normal death on earth like all of us....and then the day of judgement will fall.

So Muhammed sas is the last prophet and it is our task to go with this final step in religion, acknowledge Muhammed sas as our prophet and follow the Quraan.
Every prophet had their own miracles to prove the people that their message was divine...the performed miracles all happened by the will of God.
Muhammeds sas miracles is, unlike the miracles of other prophets, timeless.
his greatest miracle was the Quraan. If you would investigate it, you would see that it could only be a miracle how a illiterate sheepherd managed to recite and teach the entire quraan to the people flawlessly...how it got spread around to the people right away, how it got preserved correctly...how even ordinary people could correct the imaam when he made a fault in recitation in prayer etc.

There is no second version of the Quraan existing and it is in perfect harmony with our knowledge and science.

I am not saying that other religions and do not contain any truth, but all other religions including Christianity and Judaism contain false innovations in them...like Christians nowadays believe in Jesus as being the son of God.
We are all sons and daughters of God if you want to see it that way...and Jesus as was no different in that. The only thing is that Jesus as was born without a father...just like Adam as was born without a father and mother...but that is just a simple miracle to God.

By making Jesus as a God, Christians make ordinary people like Matthew, Luke and John raise up to the level of prophets and treat their work as revelations of God and as absolutely true....and that is one of the main reasons of the huge amount of direct contradictions in the Bible.

So that is why I know Islaam is the one and only true religion...and everything else is faulty.

To answer your other questions:
No, it is not just a matter of faith nor out of fear of hell nor it is a guessing game for me. I can see the miracles all around me...it is the most logical explanation...and it makes sense.

Futuwwa
10-12-2018, 12:55 PM
I found it to be a philosophical theory of everything that explains the universe and human existence better than anything else, without any significant philosophical problems. Everything just fits together too well intellectually for me to believe it's a coincidence that it does.

anatolian
10-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Quran explains everything as it says so.

Zafran
10-13-2018, 12:29 AM
Islam makes sense, Intuitively on God and monotheism, The simplicity and the trans formative nature of the Quran and prophet Muhammad pbuh on Human ethical character. The message that all the Prophets taught that One God created the world and one day we will have to answer for what we have done.

Alamgir
10-13-2018, 06:25 AM
Hello!
This pretty much sums up why I believe in Islam:

http://islamandmuslims123.blogspot.com/

To be very frank with you, I haven't found any other religion to have evidence as strong as what Islam has, and I haven't found a single good refutation of the evidence given by Muslims to support the claim that Islam is the true religion.

Desert
10-13-2018, 12:17 PM
Well Christianity is in which they believe Jesus is the son of God
Or that Jesus is God

As children of Adam i have discovered we humans are inclind to monotheism as long as are natural state of human soul is not disorted

Christianity is aAbrahamic...Faith

But islam is pure as milk

In islam if you do a tiny bit of polytheism you go to hell

:)

lifestyle
10-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Hello!
It's not just faith, the Quran constantly tells us to reason. The prophets preached the same message, the oneness of God! The we will all be accountable for our own intentions/deeds. There is an eternal hereafter. Judgement day is the only way to balance the unbalance equation of all the injustice that goes on in this world. Allah says early in chapter 2 of the Quran, do not spread corruption in the Earth! Individual accountability. No one has the burden of anyone else sins.

HisServant
10-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Like some others have mentioned the aspect of monotheism really connects with my soul/heart/mind. As well as learning about our prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) everything about his character, intelligence, justice, compassion,......it all resonates very well within (as a bountiful guide and goal for our aspirations, In shaa Allah)

HisServant
10-14-2018, 06:34 PM
01 - Life of Muhammad (SAW): His Character, Personality and Attributes

anatolian
10-14-2018, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuriya_
Like some others have mentioned the aspect of monotheism really connects with my soul/heart/mind. As well as learning about our prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) everything about his character, intelligence, justice, compassion,......it all resonates very well within (as a bountiful guide and goal for our aspirations, In shaa Allah)
What you say is formulated by shahadah.. Oneness of Allah and prophethood of Muhammed.

Did you convert to Islam by the way?

HisServant
10-14-2018, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
What you say is formulated by shahadah.. Oneness of Allah and prophethood of Muhammed.
It would be stated in the Shahadah, but what needs to be explained is the why. Thank you for inspiring to elaborate for the OP's sake.

The understanding that Allah swt have always sent prophets (peace and blessings upon them all) to mankind for delivering divine guidance would not suddenly be changed in preference for a favourable messenger who later becomes His son. It really goes against what has been preceded until that point. (even if that son was not within this world but still existing in a divine realm) i.e - why did God not send His favourable son from the beginning of times if this was truly the case, to walk besides us for eternity?

It is the correct understanding that God whom is unlike His creation and being The First and The Last, (only one to have ever existed) without a beginning nor an ending that makes it unlikely (when provided with this understanding of His oneness and unity of nature) that presents Himself to having taken a son/s to deliver His message (particularly not when there have been prophets sent before performing many astounding and different miracles.) One of the miracles of Prophet Isa/Jesus (as) was being born of a virgin and without a father. But this really isn't unique when it is known that the first man God created had neither a mother nor a father= Prophet Adam (a.s).

"It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. He is Perfect and Flawless! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be' and it is."Quran 19:35

Furthermore, the divinity of God isn't shared with anyone as there would be conflicts between them/gods, as per often occuring with the sharing of power and authority.

"God has not taken to Himself any son, nor is there any god with Him: For then each god would have taken of that which he created and some of them would have risen up over others" -Quran 23:91

"The likeness of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him (Adam) from dust, then said to him: 'Be', and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so be not of the disputers."-Quran 3:59-60

Additionally, the characteristics of the created does not belong to the creator = How will there be suffering for God ? (Jesus wept-https://biblehub.com/john/11-35.htm, Jesus could have saved himself yet he cried out to God with a sense of helplessness -https://biblehub.com/matthew/27-46.htm)

Besides there are other instances of Jesus praying to God - Matthew 26:39 (Which is not befitting for an entity having/sharing divine attributes)

Also, the concept of original sin - How can it be possible for one human to inherit the sins of another ?(It fails to be in agreement with a God who is Most Just- per divine attributes and nature) and Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings upon him stated that;

Every human is born with the natural features of Islam. His parents when turn him/her into a Jew, Christian or Fire worshipper. If they (the parents) are Muslim, then the child will be considered a Muslim.

When every child is born, Shaytan strikes him on his sides, besides Sayyidah Maryam and her son (Nabi ‘Isa)

(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 6703)

We were not certainly not place in this world to be punished for a mistake made by Prophet Adam (a.s) and Hawwa (who later both repented sincerely and it was accepted)

They said:
'Our Lord we have wronged ourselves souls. If You forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers' " (Quran 7:23)

".. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went Astray. Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness, and gave him guidance." (Quran 20:121-122)

Giving mankind a final messenger, who is the embodiment of the noblest man (ever lived) whilst not claiming divinity, is only appropriate for those who had gotten confused by the miracles of previous prophets and with their belief. (Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him)..hence making perfect sense that God will correct the previous misconceptions and corruptions made in His messages and holy scriptures that were denied.....sending both a messenger and a book - purified/truthful revelations in the form of the Quran.

"He to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and who has not taken a son and has not had a partner in dominion and has created each thing and determined it with [precise] determination"

"But they have taken besides Him gods which create nothing, while they are created, and possess not for themselves any harm or benefit and possess not [power to cause] death or life or resurrection."

And those who disbelieve say, "This [Qur'an] is not except a falsehood he invented, and another people assisted him in it." But they have committed an injustice and a lie.

(Quran:23:2-4)

“He is God: there is no god other than Him. It is He who knows what is hidden as well as what is in the open, He is the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy. He is God: there is no god other than Him, the Controller, the Holy One, Source of Peace, Granter of Security, Guardian over all, the Almighty, the Compeller, the Truly Great; God is far above anything they consider to be His partner. He is God: the Creator, the Originator, the Shaper. The best names belong to Him. Everything in the heavens and earth glorifies Him: He is the Almighty, the Wise.” [Quran, 59:22-24]

Thereby, Islam appeals to our sense of intelligence with reasonable explanations endorsing the unified oneness of God/monotheism, definitely making it the right choice! Leaving no room for ambiguity but indeed much serenity. Alhamdulilah. (May Allah swt continue to guide you @Kaden Ameen!)

I'm not a convert.

MazharShafiq
10-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Islam is a comprehensive religion. It's not just a religion, rather it is a comprehensive lifestyle. Islam is the only religion that offers humans solutions to their problems, from the largest to the smallest and in all fields (politics, economy, education, ethics, administration, hygiene ...etc.) The Islamic system represents an integrated approach that ensures continuity of life on a sound approach, unlike other religions and ideologies which are limited to one aspect of human life,
whether spiritual, political or economic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.