/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions about giving charity to needy and poor people.

Nitro Zeus
10-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Today, when our Christian French teacher, talked to our chief teacher of our class, then she decided to allowed us to go home. When I was in my way to my home, an old Christian overweighted lady, asked me for 5 lions( our Romanian money) then, I gave her only 4 leis. But she insisted on wanting 5 leis so that she can buy water because didn’t drank for a week she says… but I didn’t mind that, and so, I gave her money. But I had only 4 leis in my pocket.

Should I feel stupid, because I gave her more? Because, I kinda have feelings that I have done something wrong and stupid.

Can you guys tell me, if it is ok or not of what I did?

And also, my intention was unclear to me. Because, I haven’t the intention to please God nor to be called “good person” by others. Just neutral feeling.

What should I do? Have I committed a great sin if I had a neutral intention?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-12-2018, 12:08 PM
InshaAllah you will be rewarded for showing mercy on a slave of Allah swt.

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the Merciful. Be merciful to those on the earth and the One above the heavens will have mercy upon you.

(Tirmidhi)

“Those people who show no mercy will receive no mercy from Allah.” [Muslim, Al-Fada’il (Excellent Qualities of the Prophet and His Companions); 66]

Nitro Zeus
10-12-2018, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
InshaAllah you will be rewarded for showing mercy on a slave of Allah swt.

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the Merciful. Be merciful to those on the earth and the One above the heavens will have mercy upon you.

(Tirmidhi)

“Those people who show no mercy will receive no mercy from Allah.” [Muslim, Al-Fada’il (Excellent Qualities of the Prophet and His Companions); 66]
One thing. Even if I’m a Muslim who haven’t prayed for long time, but still trying to do good things( i.e. I have made charity today) then like this I’ll be forgiven? And be granted the ability to recite shahada as my last words and also answer 100% correctly the Grave questions?

Just in curiosity.

azc
10-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Not Praying salah is questionable.

He who is submitted to the Quran and Sunnah sincerely, InshaAllah, is granted the honour of dying with iman and hopefully, reciting the kalimah as the last words. It makes him easy to answer in grave as well.

Showing mercy on people regardless of their religion and animals make one closer to Allah swt.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.