/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bisexuality

ameerkam
10-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Salaam.

If a person is a bisexual can they be in the same room as a person of the same gender?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Olivia1
10-18-2018, 02:26 AM
Walaikumassalam.

As as far as I’m aware, there is no prohibition of a gay person being in the same room as a person of the same gender, even though they might feel attracted to that individual. By extension, there would be no prohibition for a bisexual person to be in the same room as a person of the same gender.

Of course, this does not make it wise for homosexuals or bisexuals to be alone with another person. It simply means it’s not haram.

azc
10-18-2018, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam.If a person is a bisexual can they be in the same room as a person of the same gender? Jazzakallahu Khair
:wa: Don't forget that shaytan is also with them

ameerkam
10-18-2018, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Olivia1
Walaikumassalam.

As as far as I’m aware, there is no prohibition of a gay person being in the same room as a person of the same gender, even though they might feel attracted to that individual. By extension, there would be no prohibition for a bisexual person to be in the same room as a person of the same gender.

Of course, this does not make it wise for homosexuals or bisexuals to be alone with another person. It simply means it’s not haram.
Could you tell me your source for this please. Thank you for the answer

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Olivia1
10-20-2018, 02:34 AM
Could you tell me your source for this please. Thank you for the answer
By default, everything is halal unless proven haram. You do not need a source for an action to be halal, you only need a source if one claims an action to be haram.

For example, every food is halal unless specified. We can quote specific sources which say that alcohol and pork is haram, but have you ever seen any source for cake being halal? It isn’t necessary; it is halal by default.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you need further clarification.

azc
10-20-2018, 02:56 AM
@Olivia1 :
By default, everything is halal unless proven haram.
On the authority Abi Ab’dillahi al-Nu’man ibn Basheer (ra) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: “That which is lawful is clear and that which is unlawful is clear and between the two of them are doubtful [or ambiguous] matters about which not many people are knowledgeable. Thus, he who avoids these doubtful matters certainly clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor. But he who falls into the doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Verily every king has a sanctuary and Allah’s sanctuary is His prohibition. In the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be sound, all the body is sound and which, if it be diseased, all the body is diseased. This part of the body is the heart”.
[Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Olivia1
10-20-2018, 03:03 AM
Salamualaikum.

did I say something wrong?

azc
10-20-2018, 03:15 AM
The Prophet of Islam (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man is alone with a woman but the Shaytaan will be the third one present.”

Is it not the truth that if a man is alone with a non-mahram woman and there is no one else present, that something may cross the mind of either of them, even if nothing actually happens. But shytanic temptations can't be denied.

In this case, sharee’ah closes all doors that may lead to evil.

The same should be applied to bisexual/homosexual as well.

Olivia1
10-20-2018, 03:30 AM
Interesting perspective. Is it haram for a man and a woman to be alone together because there might be temptation, or because the prophet sallallahualaihiwassam specifically forbade it (meaning that even if there is no temptation it would still be haram for them to be alone together?)

If it is the former, does that mean asexuals are allowed to mix freely among both men and women?

Jazakallahukhairan for your quick response. It’s so refreshing to hear from someone who is actually willing to teach me rather than simply telling me I’m wrong

AllahIsBest
10-20-2018, 03:48 AM
Salaam.

If a person is a bisexual can they be in the same room as a person of the same gender?

Jazzakallahu Khair
It seems obvious that they can. Having a sexual preference doesn't mean that suddenly everyone of your preference would be a target, we're not animals!

azc
10-20-2018, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Olivia1
Interesting perspective. Is it haram for a man and a woman to be alone together because there might be temptation, or because the prophet sallallahualaihiwassam specifically forbade it (meaning that even if there is no temptation it would still be haram for them to be alone together?)

If it is the former, does that mean asexuals are allowed to mix freely among both men and women?

Jazakallahukhairan for your quick response. It’s so refreshing to hear from someone who is actually willing to teach me rather than simply telling me I’m wrong
It's prohibited in hadith that young brother and sister shouldn't sleep together. On the basis of this fuqha have inferred the ruling that father and mother shouldn't sleep with their young daughter and son respectively. Reason is that evil concerning remote possibility of incest is killed before is happened.

When Imam Muhammad rh came in Dars of imam Abu Hanifa rh had no beard, so Imam Abu Hanifah rh asked him to sit behind until his beard is grown.

Islamic teachings suggest us to kill evil before it comes in embryo.

Bisexual, homosexual and lesbian are highly subjected to satanic temptations as they're his friends.

Matter of Abisexual etc being alone can be understood accordingly.

Mandy
10-20-2018, 11:10 AM
I have found this reference
https://islamqa.info/en/183177

I hope that it helps you better understand this whole situation. It is a bit different than what you are asking, but I hope it will help.
I think the main issue here is that you are trying to know if a specific action is haram or not while the whole situation you are describing is haram. As other have said before, there are good for the rules regarding genders. But in this case, the person you are talking about has issues and confusion. That person needs to address them and trust that Allah made the right decision when he assigned that person's gender.

I hope I am not overstepping here and that the reference I found is applicable. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!