/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salatul-Istikharah

Islamkingdom_En
10-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Salatul-Istikharah

It is a two-raka’at Salat that a servant of Allah observes (to seek guidance from Allah) when he is confused or unsure regarding an affair, before making a decision on it. After the prayer, one should say a particular supplication which the Prophet ﷺ used to teach to the companions as he used to teach them Surahs (Chapters) from the Qur’an.
Invocation for seeking Allah’s Guidiance

The Prophet ﷺ said: “When any of you wishes to decide on an affair, let him observe two raka’at of Salat, other than the obligatory, and then say: ‘Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi ‘ilmika, wa astaqdiruka biqudratika, wa as-aluka min fadlikal ‘adheem. Fainnaka taqdiru wa la aqdiru, wa ta‘lamu, wa la a‘lamu, wa anta ‘Allamul-ghuyub, Allahumma in kunta ta’alamu anna hadhal amra khayrun lii fee deeni wa ma‘aashi wa aaqibati amri’ - or he said: ‘Aajili amrii wa aajilihi’ – ‘faqdurhuli wa yassirhu lii thumma baariklii feeh. Wa in kunta ta‘lamu anna haadhal amra sharun lii fee deeni wa ma ‘aashi wa aaqibati amri’ – or he said:‘Aajili amrii wa aajilihi’ – ‘fassirhu ‘anni wassrifni ‘anhu. Waqdur liyal khaira haythu kaana thumma ardini bihi.’ Meaning: ‘O Allah, I seek your counsel by Your Knowledge and by Your Power I seek strength, and I ask You from Your Immense Favor. For verily, You are Able while I am not and verily, You Know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You know this affair to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life and my end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless it for me. However if You know this affair to be ill for me regarding my religion, my life and my end, then remove it from me and remove me from it, and decree for me what is good wherever it may be, then make me be satisfied with this.’ And he mentions the affair to be decided.” [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]
source: https://www.al-feqh.com/en/supererogatory-salat

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
10-17-2018, 09:05 AM
It is a pity how many Muslims miss out on this prayer. The blessings you get and the harms you avoid when you make it a habit to pray this prayer before any endeavor you are about to undertake is mind boggling.

Muslims really need to concentrate on this prayer more and more. It will help you get what is best for you in both worlds while keeping you safe from what is bad for you in both worlds.

Muslims need to remember that not everything we wish for and desire is good for us. We may love something which is bad for us and we may hate something which is good for us. We do not know. Only Allaah knows.

I implore all Muslims to pray this prayer before any undertaking. One should also concentrate on the words of the dua.

The scholars have pointed out that you cannot do an Istikhaara for something haraam or makruuh.

They have also said that having a dream is not a criteria that your Istikhaara was accepted.

Rather, Allaah can choose anyway to keep you away from the matter or bless you in it and make it easy for you. After-all, Allaah is not limited by anything.

Finally, note how the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) taught the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) to perform this prayer. He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) did not perform it for them.

You are to perform this prayer yourself. You are not to get others to do it for you.

Knowing the Sunnah is the secret to safeguarding yourself against Bid'ah and those out to manipulate you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.