/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zaqat on gold

Talia
10-17-2018, 01:24 PM
It's been one year since i got married. Now i have to pay zaqat on the gold which my husband gave me and also which my parents gave me. Now the problem is that i don't have any source of income. I discussed it with my husband and we had a fight because he wasn't willing to pay zaqat on gold which my parents gave me. Later he agreed that he will pay full zaqat. Now if i ask him of has paid the zaqat or not then he again starts agruing with me that i'll leave it to him and he is going to pay and he is responsible but o doubt that he is paying zaqat. I told him that i'll sell the gold but he didn't allow me that either. I am very upset and don't know what to do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-17-2018, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talia
It's been one year since i got married. Now i have to pay zaqat on the gold which my husband gave me and also which my parents gave me. Now the problem is that i don't have any source of income. I discussed it with my husband and we had a fight because he wasn't willing to pay zaqat on gold which my parents gave me. Later he agreed that he will pay full zaqat. Now if i ask him of has paid the zaqat or not then he again starts agruing with me that i'll leave it to him and he is going to pay and he is responsible but o doubt that he is paying zaqat. I told him that i'll sell the gold but he didn't allow me that either. I am very upset and don't know what to do
You can ask your father to pay this zakat and give him this amount later (if he doesn't take the amount of paid zakat, it will be considered as a gift from your father)
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/darulifta...0%2C4028114296

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.