/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where are the spirits of the dead people now?

emem.masorong
10-18-2018, 06:06 AM
Are they in Jannah? Some people said they are to be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. Does that mean they are dead now? All of them? What about Prophet Muhammad's soul? I've read about the life in the coffin? Are they there? Will they wait there until the day of resurrection, and I hope not. Can someone help me. May Allah bless you. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-18-2018, 06:45 AM
According to the Shari’ah, once the soul (Rooh) leaves the body after death,
in the case of a believer, his Rooh is preserved in a sacred place called Illiyyeen.

In the case of non-believer, his soul is placed in the Sijjeen.

truth110
10-18-2018, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Are they in Jannah? Some people said they are to be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. Does that mean they are dead now? All of them? What about Prophet Muhammad's soul? I've read about the life in the coffin? Are they there? Will they wait there until the day of resurrection, and I hope not. Can someone help me. May Allah bless you. Thank you.
We die every night when we go to sleep. It is called minor death. Read it in Quran can’t remember verse number or chapter.

ZeeshanParvez
10-20-2018, 01:38 AM
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Angels come to the dying person, and if the man was righteous, they say: ‘Come out, O good soul that was in a good body, come out praiseworthy and receive glad tidings of mercy and fragrance and a Lord Who is not angry.’ And this is repeated until it comes out, then it is taken up to heaven, and it is opened for it, and it is asked: ‘Who is this?’ They say: ‘So-and-so.’ It is said: ‘Welcome to the good soul that was in a good body. Enter praiseworthy and receive the glad tidings of mercy and fragrance and a Lord Who is not angry.’ And this is repeated until it is brought to the heaven above which is Allah.

But if the man was evil, they say: ‘Come out O evil soul that was in an evil body. Come out blameworthy, and receive the tidings of boiling water and the discharge of dirty wounds,’ and other torments of similar kind, all together. And this is repeated until it comes out, then it is taken up to heaven and it is not opened for it. And it is asked: ‘Who is this?’ It is said: ‘So-and-so.’ And it is said: ‘No welcome to the evil soul that was in an evil body. Go back blameworthy, for the gates of heaven will not be opened to you.’ So it is sent back down from heaven, then it goes to the grave.”

[Sunan Ibn Maajah Hadiith No.4262]

As for where the ruuh goes after the questioning in the grave, then there are many opinions on that. It seems that the place where a ruuh is differs depending on if the person was pious or not and what his level of piety was.

Reference(s):
Where is the ruuf of the dead after the questioning of the Angels?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
10-20-2018, 03:45 AM
http://www.islamicislamic.net/graves.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.