/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have You Abandoned the Qur’an?

azc
10-18-2018, 06:31 AM
By Ibn Qayyim rh:

Allah says in the Quran:"And the Messenger will say: '“O my Lord! My people have abandoned this Qur’an!”'[25:30]

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: ‘Indeed, God elevates a people by this Book and debases others by it.’ [Muslim, no.817]

This hadith probably goes some way in explaining why Muslims – and what is still referred to as Muslim world – are in the plight and predicament they are in.

In his work on miscellaneous spiritual benefits,

al-Fawa’id,Imam Ibn al-Qayyim (d.751H/1350CE) describes five ways in which the Qur’an may be ignored, neglected and even deserted! Only by being aware of these ways can we offer a candid response to: Have we parted company with the Qur’an?
Abandoning the Qur’an is of various types:

Firstly, refusing to listen to itand believe in it or to pay any heed to it.

Secondly, ceasing to act on itand abide by what it declares as lawful or unlawful, even if one reads it and believes in it.

Thirdly, to abandon judging by it and being judged by it, whether in the fundamentals of the faith or in its branches; and to believe that it does not beget certainty or that its textual wordings do not beget sure knowledge.

Fourthly, neglecting to ponder over it or comprehend it; not seeking to uncover what the Speaker intended by it.

Fifthly, to abandon seeking a cure or healing through itin respect to the diseases of the heart and its maladies, but rather to seek healing for such illnesses from other than it.

All of this is included in Allah’s words: And the Messenger will say: “O my Lord! My people have abandoned this Qur’an!”[25:30] This being the case, even though certain forms of abandonment are more detestable than others.'

Ibn Qayyim rh, Al-Fawa’id (Makkah: Dar ‘Alam al-Fawa’id, 2008), 118

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
10-18-2018, 10:30 AM
This is so true. We, as Muslims, have without a doubt abandoned the Book of Allaah.

We spend all our lives in worldly endeavors. We invest our sweat and blood in this world. A world which will come to an end. A world fraught with sorrows and disappointments.

A world of deception and a world of betrayal. We do everything for it. Day and night we work for it while we know that nothing here will last.

But when it comes to the Book of Allaah, we turn our backs. We don't read it. We don't understand it. This is the Kalaam of Allaah.

Do you ever stop to realize and understood those words The Kalaam of Allaah. Yes. The Kalaam of Allaah.

We abandon the Kalaam of Allaah. We invest no effort in understanding the Kalaam of Allaah. If we have to recite a Juz we make faces. We find any excuse not to.

Forget about studying the Qur'aan, we do not even recite it on a regular basis.

Then, when troubles and sorrow afflicts us from every direction we wonder why us?

BeTheChange
10-20-2018, 02:46 PM
May we become regular and consistent in our recitations of the holy Quraan.

May we understand and implement the words of Allah swt. Ameen.

If i am honest i take regular tajweed classes and subhna Allah with the permission of Allah swt i get a lot of enjoyment from reading the Quraan now. Reciting with tajweed is faraz and it increases the beauty of the Quraan.

I would encourage everyone young and old to learn the Quraan insha Allah.

You can even listen to this brother on youtube. He recites very well:

https://youtu.be/mZssywsef4g

Desert
10-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Like easily listening to songs music and nasheed instead of the QurAn and instead

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.