/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation in Islam and Origin of the Soul

truth110
10-18-2018, 09:27 AM
Scientific research is now finding proofs of reincarnation. What does Islam say about this?

I personally know Walter Semkiw, MD he is a famous American researcher and author, has written many books on reincarnation. His book “Origin of the soul” has many very interesting similarities to teachings of Islam. Put your thoughts and comments.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truth110
10-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Please google “Walter Semkiw reincarnation” to read about who the guy is.

azc
10-18-2018, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truth110
Scientific research is now finding proofs of reincarnation. What does Islam say about this?I personally know Walter Semkiw, MD he is a famous American researcher and author, has written many books on reincarnation. His book “Origin of the soul” has many very interesting similarities to teachings of Islam. Put your thoughts and comments.
what interesting similarities you find in his book...?

truth110
10-18-2018, 01:57 PM
He talks to a spiritual entity who was incarnate as an advisor to Egyptian pharaoh akhnaton - that says “There is only one God” says there are about 1lac 40000 souls who came to earth for teaching Allahs message. Also talks about our messenger (pbuh) as an extremely pristine and elevated soul. There are other things that he talks about Jesus as not being crucified but elevated as we believe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
10-18-2018, 05:02 PM
https://www.islamicboard.com/commonl...0%2C7259331004

Does Islam believe in reincarnation?
Does Islam or Muslims believe in reincarnation? No, Muslims do not believe in reincarnation. But we believe in life after death. Islam teaches us that...

keiv
10-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Scientific research is now finding proofs of reincarnation. What does Islam say about this?

I personally know Walter Semkiw, MD he is a famous American researcher and author, has written many books on reincarnation. His book “Origin of the soul” has many very interesting similarities to teachings of Islam. Put your thoughts and comments.
The idea of reincarnation doesn't seem to fit in with our belief of al-barzakh.

HisServant
10-18-2018, 11:32 PM

:sl:

In Islam Prophet Isa (a.s) when he returns will have the same body (that he has been created with) and from my knowledge this will be the only individual that it clearly states will be returning. There are some speculation about Khidr (a.s)...and difference of views.

Prophet Isa (a.s)-

And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:
But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All‑Powerful, All‑Wise”
[al-Nisa’ 4:156-158]

Regarding these verses, the great exegete, Hafiz Ibn Katheer writes in Al Bidaya wan Nihayah:-
Ibn Abu Hatim has narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas saying: “When Allah wanted to lift him up to heaven, Jesus came to his companions in the house. There were twelve people, with some from among his disciples. He had just taken a bath, and his head was still dribbling with water, He said to them: ‘There are those among you who will disbelieve in me twelve times after he had believed in me.’ Then he said: ‘Who from among you will take my likeness and be killed in my place, so he will reach my rank?’ A youth came forward. But Jesus said to him: ‘Sit down.’ Then he repeated the same question, and the same youth stood up and came forward, and said: ‘I.’ Jesus said: ‘You are the one,’ and then the likeness of Jesus was put on him, and Jesus was lifted up to the heaven from the window (in the roof) of the house.”

The following authentic hadith which has been recorded by Imam Tirmizi shows the return of Isa (AS). It states:-

‘Sayyidina Nawwas ibn Sam’an Kilabi narrated: Allah’s Messenger (SA) mentioned the dajjal one day. He exposed his baseness and emphasised his mischief till we thought that he was behind the palm trees. We then dispersed from Allah’s Messenger only to return shortly. He recognised our state of mind and said, “How is it with you? We said, “O Messenger of Allah, You mentioned the dajjal and made it soft as well as emphatic so that we imagined that he was behind some date-palm trees” (They meant: He is sure to Come). He said, “More fearful to me than the dajjal (are some other things), for if he emerges while I am among you then I will contend with him on your behalf. And, if he comes and I am not among you then let everyone of you contend with him on his own behalf, and Allah is my khalifah over every Muslim. The dajjal will be a youth with curly hair and one eye. He will resemble Abd Uzza ibn Qatan. So those of you, who see him, should recite the initial verses of Surah al-Kahf. He will come from what is between Syria and Iraq and corrupt (people on) right and left.

O slaves of Allah be steadfast’. We said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, how long will he tarry on earth?” He said, “Forty days, (the first) day like a year, a day like a month and a day like a week, and the rest of his days like your days.” We submited, “O Messenger of Allah will a day’s prayer suffice us in the day that would be like a year?’ He said, “No, but make an estimate for it.” We submitted, “O Messenger of Allah what will be his speed of movement on earth? He said, Like rain which is driven forward by the wind. He will come to a people and invite them but they will reject him and return him his words. So, he will turn away from them, and their properties will follow him and they will become bereft of everything on their hands. He will then come upon another people whom he will invite and they will respond to him and confirm him, so he will command the sky to pour rain. It will pour rain. He will command the earth to grow and it will produce crops. Their pasturing animals will come to them with their humps high, their udders full of milk. He will come upon the waste land and command it to bring forth its treasures. So, they will come out of it and go after him like swarms of bees. He will then summon a young man, his youth showing on him with fullness. He will strike him with the sword and cut him into two pieces, then he will summon him and he will be revived with a shining, laughing face. While he is like that, Isa ibn Maryam (Jesus) will descend in the east of Damascus at the white minaret, donned in two Saffron coloured garments, his hands on the wings of two angels. If he lowers his head, it will drip and when he raises it, those drops will fall down like shining pearls. (This is a description of his extreme radiance). And no one (who disbelieves) will feel his breath but will die. And, the limit of the reach of his breath will be his sight. He will then seek the dajjal and catch up with him at the gate of Ludd, and he will kill him. Then he will stay on earth as long as Allah wills. Allah will reveal to him, Collect my slaves at Tur, for I have sent there such of My slaves whom no one can fight. Allah will then send Yajuj and Majuj. They will come as Allah has said ‘and they shall come forth from every mound’ (21:96).

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52170

- - - Updated - - -

Ruling on Reincarnation Belief

- - - Updated - - -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.