/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any medical professionals here?

anonymous
10-18-2018, 11:02 AM
My mother has been experiencing a weird symptom of weakness in the last 2 months. She has been on blood thinners for about 3 years due to a previous issue with blood clots, but that's been the only medicine she's been taking. When this weakness started happening, she said it always started with her feet feeling numb and when you touch them, they feel cold. Then, her whole body will get weak and she will start to feel light headed as well as having no appetite for anything. It's an intermittent issue but, the majority of the time it seems to happen at night right as she's going to bed.

The first few times it seemed like she was going to pass out. We've taken her to the emergency room 3 different times where they told us her vitals are ok and there was nothing they could do. We took her to a cardiologist where they said everything was normal. They gave her a heart monitor to wear for 2 weeks, which she's still wearing so we won't know anything on that until we take her back to turn it in. We took her to a gastroenterologist to make sure there were no issues with the pancreas. They want her to stop her blood thinners so they can do an endoscopy which I'm not too comfortable about. Other than that, they said everything they checked was ok. Now we have an appointment with a neurologist to see what the issue is with her feet as that seems like the source for all her problems. I have a feeling her results will show nothing wrong like everything else.

She has been very tired because of this roller coaster ride of feeling good one day and bad the next. She's been losing weight because of her poor diet due to a lack of an appetite. On top of that, all the doctor visits show nothing wrong so far, so there's a sense of helplessness on my part because there's nothing I can do whenever she feels this way.

What else is there for us to check on?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
10-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Hello/Asalamualykum,

I don't have any medical experience or knowledge but generally speaking i would advise against taking medications. They just legal highs which make you ill and cover the real illnesses for a short space of time and then the ugly head of the disease pops up again after some time. Obviously if the matter is critical and an emergency then you would take the medication. Try herbal medicine as natural is better for you and has no side effects insha Allah. I am not advising your mum stops the medication alltogether. I am no doctor or nurse. Most people look up to the conventional doctors but they just in it for the profit and money. The pharmaceutical company is only there to make money and not make us better. It benefits and can only run when they are ill people. If we were all healthy it will have no customers and business will close so my message is to think before anyone pops these medication. Invest in good organic food this is your medicine. Just general advise not specific for you mum.

I hope your mum gets well soon insha Allah. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.