/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cats

shoaib.irfan
10-22-2018, 06:21 AM
Salaam sir.. I want to know i have a pet cat 3months old i love him so much that i dont want to send him back to shelter.. The point is many of my friends said that pets are clean but there mustache are not clean they are inpure.. Does realy cats mustache are paleet?? Should i cut them off or not??
Jazak Allah and please reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-22-2018, 07:55 AM
No, we shouldn't cut cat's moustache.

''With regard to cats eating food or drinking water, that does not make the food or water naajis (impure), because of the report narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and elsewhere, which says that a woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and found her praying. (‘Aa’ishah) gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”

According to another report narrated by Abu Dawood (68) from Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who was married to Ibn Abi Qutaadah, Abu Qutaadah entered and she poured some water for him to do wudoo’. A cat came and drank from the water, and he tipped the vessel for it so that it could drink. Kabshah said: “He saw me looking at him and he said, ‘Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).”

These two reports were classed as saheeh by al-Bukhaari, al-Daaraqutni and others, as was stated in al-Talkhees by Ibn Hajar, 1/15.

“Those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum)” means that they are like servants who are with people in their houses, i.e., cats are always with people, in their houses and among their vessels and furnishings, etc., and this is something that cannot be helped.

So if a cat drinks from a vessel or eats some of the food, it does not become naajis (impure). The owner has the choice. If he is not put off or if he needs it, he may eat (the food) or drink (the water), because it is taahir (pure), unless it is obvious that it will cause harm. If he is put off by the idea of eating or drinking, then he may leave it.''
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2237...0%2C4127577377

- - - Updated - - -

In the name of Allah, the most Compassionate and Merciful
Assalamu alaikum,

Cat saliva is not considered filth because of the hadith that Abu Qatada (Allah be pleased with him) related, that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said (about the cat):

“It is not impure, it is of those [creatures] that mingle with you.” [Reported by Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i, and Ibn Maja]

It is mentioned in Hashiyat al-Tahtawi:

If a cat drinks from a container, however, or licks ones hand before praying, then it would be mildly disliked (makruh tanzihan) to drink from that same container, or to pray without washing off the traces of saliva from ones hand. This is if one suspects it to have eaten filth or is uncertain of its state–whether impure (from eating filth) or pure. If a cat eats a mouse and drinks water immediately after, then the water becomes impure. However, by licking its mouth for a short while, the mouth is purified and it is no longer impure.

[Tahtawi 1:18, Dar al-Iman]

And Allah alone gives success.

Fadi Qutub.
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/42489

MazharShafiq
10-22-2018, 08:24 AM
It's not fair. The cat is not a liar, if the cat puts a vessel in a vessel, it is not najis, because the hadeeth is clear that the cat comes into the house, so it has been purified.Muslims are free to live with cats but they must treat cats well, providing the cat with enough water and food and giving "roaming time" (a degree of freedom of movement)

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah-(may Allah be pleased with him)-that:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)said: "Cats do not invalidate the prayer, because they are one of the things that are useful in the house."-(Sunan Ibn Majah)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.