/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did I commit shirk?

Nightloses
10-23-2018, 03:01 AM
:sl:
At school, it was the last period called Study Hall Where just go to the cafeteria and do your own thing. You can sit with you friends, by your self. I’m in this study hall and I also know a Muslim in the study hall. I always greet. I usually sit alone. Today I sat with people that I know and o know they are not the best of friends. There were 2 males and 1 female. I sat with them. I told my self I only fear Allah and I don’t fear him (ie. Muslim friend) because I think I was commuting a sin while sitting in that table with them. I’m just worried if I acully was scared when I was commuting a sin and I’m very unsure. Have I committed major or minor shirk or none?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-23-2018, 03:22 AM
Walaikum assalaam

do you know what shirk is?

Nightloses
10-23-2018, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum assalaam

do you know what shirk is?
assiation partners with Allah

Mandy
10-23-2018, 03:31 AM
Did you maybe mean "sin" instead of shirk?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nightloses
10-23-2018, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
Did you maybe mean "sin" instead of shirk?
No, I mean shirk

Mandy
10-23-2018, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nightloses
No, I mean shirk
I am not the most knowlagable on this site. So maybe I am misunderstanding your question. The word shirk is not one I have heard much in the past. However, if this definition can be trusted (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirk_(Islam)) it has nothing to do with sitting with 3 people in a cafeteria.

Is there anything more that happened than you sitting with them and simply talking?
It would probably be better if you did not sit with a group of non Muslim, specially since you specifically mentioned it was a mixed group. However, that is another matter than shirk.

azc
10-23-2018, 04:04 AM
At school, it was the last period called Study Hall Where just go to the cafeteria and do your own thing. You can sit with you friends, by your self. I’m in this study hall and I also know a Muslim in the study hall. I always greet. I usually sit alone. Today I sat with people that I know and o know they are not the best of friends. There were 2 males and 1 female. I sat with them. I told my self I only fear Allah and I don’t fear him (ie. Muslim friend) because I think I was commuting a sin while sitting in that table with them. I’m just worried if I acully was scared when I was commuting a sin and I’m very unsure. Have I committed major or minor shirk or none?
Why do you think that it's shirk...?

Desert
10-26-2018, 07:32 AM
Sounds like a case of Tom dick...And harry...
Can't please all three...just seek the pleasure of Allaah

Duas_Revival
11-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Have I committed major or minor shirk or none?
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

In relation for protection from Shirk - Do You Know The Supplication Taught To Us By The Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)?

The Messenger (S.A.W) warned us against shirk, fearing that his Ummah might fall into it, and said “The thing I fear most for you is minor shirk.” The Messenger (S.A.W) also said: “Shirk among you is more subtle than the sound of the footsteps of an ant on a rock. Shall I not tell you of something which, if you do it, it will take that away from you both minor and major forms of it” (Saying this Du’a).

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/morning-...shirk-and-riya

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.