/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Travelling abroad with opposite gender family

Muhammed009989
10-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Assalam.

Is it allowed for for a boy at the age of 15 to travel with close female cousins who are at the age of 24. By close i mean they are like brothers and sisters and lived in the same house for a couple of years.
The boy was going to travel with his male cousin who is 21, and three female cousins who are 19, 21, 24. The holiday was only for two days

Please let me know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mandy
10-24-2018, 11:43 AM
As far as I know cousins are non Mahram. So the girls should act accordingly. I do not think there is a problem for them to travel together (sit in the same bus, train or plane). After all, the girls will be safer than if the 3 of them were alone.

azc
10-24-2018, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
As far as I know cousins are non Mahram. So the girls should act accordingly. I do not think there is a problem for them to travel together (sit in the same bus, train or plane). After all, the girls will be safer than if the 3 of them were alone.
but staying together for 2 days.....?

MazharShafiq
10-24-2018, 02:29 PM
It is not appropriate for girls to travel without any mahram, cousins are not mahram.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZeeshanParvez
10-24-2018, 02:44 PM
No, it is not appropriate. It is not appropriate at all. Avoid the situation at all costs.

Mandy
10-24-2018, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
but staying together for 2 days.....?
I had missed that part of the post. Staying together would obviously be a big no. I was only referring to the travelling part (while in some sort of transportation).

format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
It is not appropriate for girls to travel without any mahram, cousins are not mahram.
As other have said since, a marham should be with the girls. However, I believe the question was concerning what the 15 year old boy was doing and if he would be allowed to go with them. Not if it was correct for the girls to go in the first place. That is why I gave such an answer.

Was I in error (if so please tell me so that I can learn)? Would the boy's action also be harram if it is only for the travel itself?

Muhammed009989
10-25-2018, 07:59 PM
The rooms will be separated in the hotel

- - - Updated - - -

Yes only the travel. As he is under the legal age to travel alone

Mandy
10-25-2018, 08:26 PM
So you are saying the 3 girls will be travelling with their brother (who is 21). And the 15 year old cousin would travel with them?

Other will probably be able to confirm, but with these conditions :
1- The girls parents are aware of this.
2- The brother never leaves his sisters alone with the cousin.
3- The cousin only stays with them while they are in public places.
4- The girls wear Hijab all the time.

I would believe it would be permissible but not ideal.
Would someone have a reference from a trusted source to help confirm this?

azc
10-25-2018, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammed009989
The rooms will be separated in the hotel

- - - Updated - - -

Yes only the travel. As he is under the legal age to travel alone
Does holiday not mean to enjoy the trip together...?

Or will he be treating them as stranger and vice versa...?

Moreover, can enjoying holidays in full niqab/hijab be expected...?

Mandy
10-25-2018, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Moreover, can enjoying holidays in full niqab/hijab be expected...?
I realised I had forgotten to add something about hijab in my list as I had taken it for granted. I have added it to my previous post for clarity. (I hope it is considered allowed to add to a previous post like that?)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.