/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you be friends with non-Muslims?

emem.masorong
10-25-2018, 06:36 AM
I've just deleted friends on Facebook. I only have about less than 4 people, if I'm correct, there as friends. I've read a post saying it's alright to be friends with them as long as they do not drive you out from your land and fight your religion. I just want to know from the people here what they know about this. Thank you. I currently live in a place where Christians are many than Muslims. I want to live in a Muslims society.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-25-2018, 10:34 AM
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersgu...0%2C4340582497

Friendship With Non-Muslims: Explaining Verse 5:51 - IslamQA
Answered by Sidi Abdullah Anik Misra Question: Could you please explain ayat 5:51? Does this verse mean that we cannot have non-Muslim friends? That would...

Mandy
10-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Like AZC pointed out, you can be friends with them as long as they respect islam.
I would like to point out that you can also be helpful to them. It was some of my friends that allowed me to know islam and lead to my conversion. I am naturally not saying you should only be friends to convert your friends. But by being a good example to them you can help enlightened them.

Of course if those persons were openly and strongly opposed to islam, then you should stop seeing them.

azc
10-25-2018, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
Like AZC pointed out, you can be friends with them as long as they respect islam.I would like to point out that you can also be helpful to them. It was some of my friends that allowed me to know islam and lead to my conversion. I am naturally not saying you should only be friends to convert your friends. But by being a good example to them you can help enlightened them.Of course if those persons were openly and strongly opposed to islam, then you should stop seeing them.
and dawah to them is more effective if given by following the teachings of Islam than merely by words.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
10-25-2018, 02:06 PM
The Quraan has been forbidden to keep friendship with the unbelievers. If you want to improve them, or if you want to improve them, then you can have friendly relations with them, but you Can not keep love still.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.