/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are your maids considered slaves?

emem.masorong
10-26-2018, 02:08 AM
I'm sorry to ask this. I might offend some. I have good intentions and I abstain from sin. Are they considered slaves? The maids?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-26-2018, 03:05 AM
No, maids are free people who work as assistant in other people houses. They get paid, and they can quit from their job if they want. So, maids are not slaves.

azc
10-26-2018, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
I'm sorry to ask this. I might offend some. I have good intentions and I abstain from sin. Are they considered slaves? The maids?
If somebody consider them as slave is wrong

anatolian
10-26-2018, 04:12 AM
You ask too many unnecessary questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
10-26-2018, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
No no. Maids and Slaves are totally different.

What’s the difference?

Slaves work for someone without getting paid, and they are treated bad for each mistake they do while a maid is being paid and treated nice( being forgiven for each mistake, being given salary)

ardianto
10-26-2018, 05:41 AM
Question "are maids considered as slaves?" is commonly asked question by Muslim children in my country. I've ever asked this question too. Even my Islamiat teacher in elementary school ever discussed this topic in class after he got this question from the students.

Slavery has been abolished in mostly of place in the world. So children nowadays never seen slavery and slave. But when they learn Islam they get taught about being kind to the slaves. It causes confusion among the children because slaves no longer exist. So they begin to think, can I apply this kindness to the maids?. This is the background of that question.

Nitro Zeus
10-26-2018, 05:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Question "are maids considered as slaves?" is commonly asked question by Muslim children in my country. I've ever asked this question too. Even my Islamiat teacher in elementary school ever discussed this topic in class after he got this question from the students.

Slavery has been abolished in mostly of place in the world. So children nowadays never seen slavery and slave. But when they learn Islam they get taught about being kind to the slaves. It causes confusion among the children because slaves no longer exist. So they begin to think, can I apply this kindness to the maids?. This is the background of that question.
If they want to know if slavery exist or not. The answer is yes, but they do not realize that every single creature from 7 Universes is God’s Slaves.

ardianto
10-26-2018, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
If they want to know if slavery exist or not. The answer is yes, but they do not realize that every single creature from 7 Universes is God’s Slaves.
In my language the word budak (slaves) does not refer to someone who serve Allah, but refer to someone who forced to work without getting paid, has no freedom, and can be traded in the market. While for creatures who serve Allah we have another word, hamba Allah (servant of Allah).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.