/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sinéad O'Connor Reveals She's Converted to Islam: 'I Am Proud to Have Become a Muslim

Singularity
10-26-2018, 06:23 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...222001520.html

Sinéad O'Connor Reveals She's Converted to Islam: 'I Am Proud to Have Become a Muslim'
People
Maria Pasquini
PeopleOctober 25, 2018
Sinéad O’Connor has a new religion — and a new name.
Last week, the “Nothing Compares 2 U” singer, revealed on Twitter that she had converted to Islam.
“This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim,” O’Connor wrote on Oct. 19, explaining that her new faith “is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey.”

“All scripture leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant,” she added, before revealing she would henceforth be known by a new name. “I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada.'”

In addition to changing her name on her Twitter page, the singer also replaced her profile picture with a photo that reads “Wear a hijab just do it” alongside the Nike swoosh logo. Additionally, her Twitter bio now reads, “PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU POST RACIST OR ANTI MUSLIM RHETORIC ON THIS PAGE YOU WILL BE BLOCKED.”

One day later, the Irish singer shared that she had been given her first hijab, writing that she wouldn’t be sharing a photo because it’s “intensely personal,” before humorously adding that there was a second reason she wouldn’t be posting a photo.

“I’m an ugly old hag,” she wrote. “But I’m a very, very, very happy old hag.”

Shuhada’ Davitt
@MagdaDavitt77
This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada’

11:42 AM - Oct 19, 2018
8,001 people are talking about this
Shuhada’ Davitt
@MagdaDavitt77
My best friend, Elaine just gave me my 1st Hijab and she got chills all over her body when I put it on. Not gonna post a photo because is intensely personal. And I’m an ugly old hag. But I’m a very, very, very happy old hag.

10:04 AM - Oct 20, 2018
158 people are talking about this
Over the next couple of days, the Irish singer went on to share a number of photos of herself wearing a head covering, simply writing that she was “happy.”

In one of the images, she stood in front of a sign that read: “You have taken my body, you have taken my mind, you have taken my children but you will never take my voice.”
View image on Twitter

Shuhada’ Davitt
@MagdaDavitt77
Happy

10:03 AM - Oct 23, 2018
2,419 people are talking about this
View image on Twitter

Shuhada’ Davitt
@MagdaDavitt77
3:13 PM - Oct 20, 2018
240 people are talking about this
Practicing her Arabic skills, she went on to post an emotional video as she sang the Azan, a call to worship, for the first time.
Apologizing for her pronunciation mistakes, she explained that “emotions took me from my page…but they’ll be hundreds of others onstage to come.”

YouTube ‎@YouTube

Shuhada’ Davitt
@MagdaDavitt77
Here is my 1st attempt at singing the Azan. I got some pronouncition wrong because emotions took me from my page... but there’ll be hundreds of others onstage to come ... https://youtu.be/VJ0RdoiSZgk
4:01 PM - Oct 19, 2018
871 people are talking about this
“Once I’ve practiced the Azan a hundred times I promise I’ll sing it much better than the one I’ve posted,” she added on Thursday.
RELATED VIDEO: Sinéad O’Connor Found Safe After Being Reported Missing, Feared Suicidal
The musician was ordained as a priest in 1999 in a dissident Roman Catholic group.
She has previously spoken out against the abuses of the Catholic Church, even ripping up a photo of Pope John Paul II during a Saturday Night Live appearance in 1992.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
10-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Alhamdulilah excellent news. May Allah swt continue to guide and heal her Ameen.

space
10-26-2018, 08:09 PM
ma shaa Allah, she escaped from darkness and came to light

Futuwwa
10-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Unapologetically and arrogantly rationalist. Take that, fedora-wearing atheists! ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silas
10-26-2018, 11:42 PM
Well, we can only hope this is sincere, and that she finds what she is looking for.

The poor woman has had issues with mental health and addictions.

I am part Irish with some family in Ireland. They are strange people of extremes. Everyone grows up singing and playing musical instruments, and they produce some of the best writers and poets the world has seen, but they are melancholic, restless, and always searching for meaning. They are prone to depression and self-destruction. In the case of Sinead, the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long--by the time she was a teenager, she was a great talent, but she burned out.

I hope she can find peace in Islam just as Cat Stevens did

IslamLife00
10-26-2018, 11:56 PM
MaShaaAllah

May Allah keep her firm in the straight path
And what a beautiful name Shuhada :)

anatolian
10-27-2018, 08:31 AM
“This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey.”

Wow wow wow...A very inspirational convertion indeed.

azc
10-27-2018, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
Well, we can only hope this is sincere, and that she finds what she is looking for.

The poor woman has had issues with mental health and addictions.

I am part Irish with some family in Ireland. They are strange people of extremes. Everyone grows up singing and playing musical instruments, and they produce some of the best writers and poets the world has seen, but they are melancholic, restless, and always searching for meaning. They are prone to depression and self-destruction. In the case of Sinead, the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long--by the time she was a teenager, she was a great talent, but she burned out.

I hope she can find peace in Islam just as Cat Stevens did
O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones

Quran 66:6

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.