/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question

Z sar
10-29-2018, 12:24 PM
Dear brothers and sisters i have a question that am hoping to get answer to .is it permissible to make dua while in sujood by a language other than Arabic ?i have asked people but am getting mixed answers and it will be so helpful if someone could clear it up for me.jezakumullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-29-2018, 03:15 PM
:salam:

No, it's not permitted.

Welcome to islamicboard

MazharShafiq
10-29-2018, 04:21 PM
No prayer will be offered only in the condition of the prayer. It is not permissible to pray for any other language except the rest of the Arabic language.

Nitro Zeus
10-29-2018, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc

No, it's not permitted.

Welcome to islamicboard
What? How can making Du’a in any other language than Arabic, is rejected? What about those who forgot completely Arabic like myself? How can you explain to me that when I made Du’a to God in Romanian to happen something, my Du’a is answered?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
10-29-2018, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
What? How can making Du’a in any other language than Arabic, is rejected? What about those who forgot completely Arabic like myself? How can you explain to me that when I made Du’a to God in Romanian to happen something, my Du’a is answered?
o.k. If you have forgot it I remind you. In sajdah you've to recite:

“Subhaana rabbiy al-a‘la”

And after salah you can make dua in any language.

BeTheChange
10-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Asalamualykum

Do you mean sajood whilst in salaah or a sajood done voluntarily for dua? Salaah must be in arabic but a dua done in sajood (outside of salaah) can be made in any language.

Hope that makes sense.

Zzz_
11-01-2018, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z sar
Dear brothers and sisters i have a question that am hoping to get answer to .is it permissible to make dua while in sujood by a language other than Arabic ?i have asked people but am getting mixed answers and it will be so helpful if someone could clear it up for me.jezakumullah
Yes, it is permissible to make dua in any language.

format_quote Originally Posted by azc

No, it's not permitted.

o.k. If you have forgot it I remind you. In sajdah you've to recite:

“Subhaana rabbiy al-a‘la”

And after salah you can make dua in any language.
Ibn Taimiyyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

"Whoever speaks about the religion without knowledge is a liar, even if he did not intend to lie."

Majmu Al-Fatwa, vol. 10, p. 449

azc
11-01-2018, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Yes, it is permissible to make dua in any language.

Ibn Taimiyyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

"Whoever speaks about the religion without knowledge is a liar, even if he did not intend to lie."

Majmu Al-Fatwa, vol. 10, p. 449
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1158...0%2C3405074666

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.