/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do some people say to others “say I seek refuge in God against the devil” when

Nitro Zeus
10-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Long ago, when I saw a thread in here that someone said, “Arabic is not my mother language” and the other one told him, “recite the Du’a for protection!!!”.

Few seconds ago, I just realized the reason for he that he told this to him. And the reason is, Islam the realigning of mankind, and one must perform prayers only in Arabic, because we’ve been taught by prophet Muhammad to perform the obligatory daily prayers only in Arabic, because in any other languages, it does not sound the same as the Arabic. And, Quran has been revealed in Arabic including its divine laws, and Quran strictly forbid us to perform prayers other than Arabic.

Thus, if one doesn’t know Arabic and wants to pray, first he must learn Arabic, and when he becomes successful, he may perform prayer. Or, he may ask someone to guide him in prayer. Which it means, when the time of prayer is about to arrive, and he doesn’t know Arabic, he may ask the one who is beside him to recite the prayer loudly for him to perform the prayers.

Or, another variation.

He may learn how to pray in Arabic through a videoclip and just memorize what the speaker say and it’s movements.

But it is also important to read and learn its meanings. But if you’re disabled on this, it is I guess, fine that you have started to pray in Arabic without understanding.

NOTE: This thread is for new Muslims, but if anyone wishes to visit this thread, then he or she is more than welcomed. If you have any doubts about this thread, please feel free to ask me anything.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
10-30-2018, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Long ago, when I saw a thread in here that someone said, “Arabic is not my mother language” and the other one told him, “recite the Du’a for protection!!!”.

Few seconds ago, I just realized the reason for he that he told this to him. And the reason is, Islam the realigning of mankind, and one must perform prayers only in Arabic, because we’ve been taught by prophet Muhammad to perform the obligatory daily prayers only in Arabic, because in any other languages, it does not sound the same as the Arabic. And, Quran has been revealed in Arabic including its divine laws, and Quran strictly forbid us to perform prayers other than Arabic.

Thus, if one doesn’t know Arabic and wants to pray, first he must learn Arabic, and when he becomes successful, he may perform prayer. Or, he may ask someone to guide him in prayer. Which it means, when the time of prayer is about to arrive, and he doesn’t know Arabic, he may ask the one who is beside him to recite the prayer loudly for him to perform the prayers.

Or, another variation.

He may learn how to pray in Arabic through a videoclip and just memorize what the speaker say and it’s movements.

But it is also important to read and learn its meanings. But if you’re disabled on this, it is I guess, fine that you have started to pray in Arabic without understanding.

NOTE: This thread is for new Muslims, but if anyone wishes to visit this thread, then he or she is more than welcomed. If you have any doubts about this thread, please feel free to ask me anything.

Also you made a mistake in your title. it is not I see refuge from...IT IS I SEE REFUSE IN Allah FROM THE shaytaan. It is IN and not FROM.

Nitro Zeus
10-30-2018, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Also you made a mistake in your title. it is not I see refuge from...IT IS I SEE REFUSE IN Allah FROM THE shaytaan. It is IN and not FROM.
What mistake in title? I don’t see it. “Refuse”?? That’s incorrect spelling. But what doesn’t matter? God knows already what I’m trying to say. Aaaaa, I see now. The word “refuse” can be used in another sentences, not in here. Refuse can mean reject while in here it does not apply the word refuse, but refuge.

M.I.A.
10-30-2018, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus

Or, another variation.

Another viewpoint on the matter..or several..

https://www.quora.com/As-a-Muslim-do...-what-language

Quran strictly forbid us to perform prayers other than Arabic.-
..not too sure about it being strictly forbidden.

You also have to take into account that the Arab language accommodated the Arab religions of the time.

Just googled this..

[41:44]

And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur'an, they would have said, "Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]?" Say, "It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure." And those who do not believe - in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place.

...Although it's not relevant to prayer specifically.

The chapter also contains a loose reference to the verse you refer too..

[41:36]

When the devil whispers an idea to you, you shall seek refuge in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

None of my stuff is ever very relevant so take what you can from it and know that it's an accurate reflection of my self lol.

The link.. it's not normally one I use.

http://godalone.net/sura/41/verse/44

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ACEDIslam
10-31-2018, 03:25 AM
Those guiding me at the mosque told me to recite prayer in Arabic and do the best I can. My prayers are valid though I am not an Arabic speaker.

JustTime
10-31-2018, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Another viewpoint on the matter..or several..

https://www.quora.com/As-a-Muslim-do...-what-language

..not too sure about it being strictly forbidden.

You also have to take into account that the Arab language accommodated the Arab religions of the time.

Just googled this..

[41:44]

And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur'an, they would have said, "Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]?" Say, "It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure." And those who do not believe - in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place.

...Although it's not relevant to prayer specifically.

The chapter also contains a loose reference to the verse you refer too..

[41:36]

When the devil whispers an idea to you, you shall seek refuge in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

None of my stuff is ever very relevant so take what you can from it and know that it's an accurate reflection of my self lol.

The link.. it's not normally one I use.

http://godalone.net/sura/41/verse/44
Quora and its posters are not authorities on Islam, just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by ACEDIslam
Those guiding me at the mosque told me to recite prayer in Arabic and do the best I can. My prayers are valid though I am not an Arabic speaker.
Yes keep on trying, Imam Shafi'i (RH) said: "If you are on the path of faith to Allah (SWT) then run, if it is hard for you than jog. If you are tired, then walk. And if you can't then crawl, but never go back or stop."

Please make a conscious effort to learn Arabic Insha'Allah, and May Allah keep us steadfast and increase us in knowledge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.