/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you combine prayers

emem.masorong
10-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Please give a detailed "how-to". I am very thankful for it. May Allah bless you have mercy on those who will help me with this. This is of great help to the ummah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
10-31-2018, 01:15 AM
You can combine prayers when you are traveling. There are other cases when you can combine prayers depending on the school of thought. For example, according to the Shaafi'i school of thought you can combine prayers when it rains with conditions.

When you travel and the travel is such that you can shorten prayers, you can also combine prayers.

You can combine Zuhr and Asr at the time of Zuhr or Asr and Maghrib and Ishaa at the time of Maghrib or Ishaa.

Imagine you are on a journey and it is time for Zuhr.

You would pray two Rak'ah of Zuhr.

Then, you would follow it up with two Rak'ah of Asr.

Now, when the time for Maghrib comes, you can combine Maghrib and Ishaa.

You would pray three Rak'ah of Maghrib and follow it up with two Rak'ah of Ishaa.

The other way to combine prayers is at the time of the later prayer.

So, you would not pray Zuhr when the time of Zuhr comes. Rather, you would make the intention at the time to pray it together with Asr when the time for Asr comes.

When the time for Asr comes, you would pray two Rak'ah of Zuhr. Then, you would pray two Rak'ah of Asr.

When the time for Maghrib comes, you would not pray Maghrib. You would make the intention to pray it at the time of Ishaa with Ishaa.

Then, when the time for Ishaa comes, you would pray three Rak'ah of Maghrib followed by two Rak'h of Ishaa.

Two important things to keep in mind when you decide to do the latter and combine the prayers at the time of the second prayer:

You must make the intention during the time of the first prayer that you will combine it with the second prayer at the time of the second. So, when the time of Zuhr comes, you have to make the intention that I will combine Zuhr with Asr at the time of Asr. You have to make this intention.

Second, when you combine prayers, you have to pray the second one right after the first one without pausing a great deal between the two. You pray the first, and follow it up with the second. Do not pause and wait, and then pray the second. Follow it up.

emem.masorong
10-31-2018, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
You can combine prayers when you are traveling. There are other cases when you can combine prayers depending on the school of thought. For example, according to the Shaafi'i school of thought you can combine prayers when it rains with conditions.

When you travel and the travel is such that you can shorten prayers, you can also combine prayers.

You can combine Zuhr and Asr at the time of Zuhr or Asr and Maghrib and Ishaa at the time of Maghrib or Ishaa.

Imagine you are on a journey and it is time for Zuhr.

You would pray two Rak'ah of Zuhr.

Then, you would follow it up with two Rak'ah of Asr.

Now, when the time for Maghrib comes, you can combine Maghrib and Ishaa.

You would pray three Rak'ah of Maghrib and follow it up with two Rak'ah of Ishaa.

The other way to combine prayers is at the time of the later prayer.

So, you would not pray Zuhr when the time of Zuhr comes. Rather, you would make the intention at the time to pray it together with Asr when the time for Asr comes.

When the time for Asr comes, you would pray two Rak'ah of Zuhr. Then, you would pray two Rak'ah of Asr.

When the time for Maghrib comes, you would not pray Maghrib. You would make the intention to pray it at the time of Ishaa with Ishaa.

Then, when the time for Ishaa comes, you would pray three Rak'ah of Maghrib followed by two Rak'h of Ishaa.

Two important things to keep in mind when you decide to do the latter and combine the prayers at the time of the second prayer:

You must make the intention during the time of the first prayer that you will combine it with the second prayer at the time of the second. So, when the time of Zuhr comes, you have to make the intention that I will combine Zuhr with Asr at the time of Asr. You have to make this intention.

Second, when you combine prayers, you have to pray the second one right after the first one without pausing a great deal between the two. You pray the first, and follow it up with the second. Do not pause and wait, and then pray the second. Follow it up.
Do I pray it, for example, on Zuhr, right after praying Zuhr, I will pray a separate prayer with intention of Azr or I just combine the rakaats to make 4 and it's like one prayer of Zuhr?

ZeeshanParvez
10-31-2018, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Do I pray it, for example, on Zuhr, right after praying Zuhr, I will pray a separate prayer with intention of Azr or I just combine the rakaats to make 4 and it's like one prayer of Zuhr?
Yes, you will pray separate prayer with intention of Asr.

It will be two prayers not one with Salaam.

You will pray two Rak'ah Zuhr. Say the salaam to end the prayer.

Then, make the intention to pray Asr and pray two Rak'ah asr and say Salaam to end the prayer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem.masorong
11-01-2018, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
Yes, you will pray separate prayer with intention of Asr.

It will be two prayers not one with Salaam.

You will pray two Rak'ah Zuhr. Say the salaam to end the prayer.

Then, make the intention to pray Asr and pray two Rak'ah asr and say Salaam to end the prayer.
By Salaam, you mean that when we look at the right and left and say salamwalaikum waramutullah to both sides?

ZeeshanParvez
11-01-2018, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
By Salaam, you mean that when we look at the right and left and say salamwalaikum waramutullah to both sides?
Yes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.