/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My biggest dilemma

ACEDIslam
10-31-2018, 03:48 AM
My biggest dilemma since becoming a Muslim....

I am Caucasian from the United states, and my family is not Muslim. My mother's side is Jewish and my father's agnostic. My father believes in God and prays, but does not belong to any religion. All are good people who do good deeds.

The hardest thing to swallow was that my family will be sent to hell. The thought was killing me.

After deliberating, I came to a conclusion.

I have little power over the choices of others. I can attempt to persuade, but ultimately the will do what they want to do.

What I do have control over is me and my deeds. So I will do what I can: pray for their forgiveness and that they be spared from the fire, and focus on my own deeds. What will be will be Allah's will. I will no longer worry about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
urkahnkhan
10-31-2018, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ACEDIslam

I am Caucasian from the United states, and my family is not Muslim. My mother's side is Jewish and my father's agnostic. My father believes in God and prays, but does not belong to any religion. All are good people who do good deeds.

The hardest thing to swallow was that my family will be sent to hell. The thought was killing me.

I have little power over the choices of others. I can attempt to persuade, but ultimately the will do what they want to do.

What I do have control over is me and my deeds. So I will do what I can: pray for their forgiveness and that they be spared from the fire, and focus on my own deeds. What will be will be Allah's will. I will no longer worry about it.
You made the right choice here brother. I myself have experienced this with a family member who I couldn't convince for 3 years after putting all my heart to it. Guidance is from Allah alone and he guides these whom he finds any good within their hearts or these he wants to guide for whatever reason.

The prophet himself was literally crying over his uncle who raised him because he was a kind man with good heart and he has done everything he could to help convert this man but he couldn't and Allah send a verse saying that just because you find someone good dosen't mean he deserves guidance and that Allah guidance whomever he wants to guide.

So in your situation it's best you make dawah as much as you can and perhaps this will turn the situation by the will of Allah.

Good luck and heres to hoping that your parents gain guidance

azc
10-31-2018, 05:33 AM
What is in your hand is dua so do it for their guidance.

Alamgir
10-31-2018, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ACEDIslam

Asalamu Alaikum

You cannot pray for them to be forgiven since they are not Muslim (we can only pray for other Muslims), the only dua you are allowed to make for them is that they become Muslim and as a result are allowed to go to heaven.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.