/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this shirk?

emem.masorong
11-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Some say that if I seek help of other than Allah, it is shirk. What if I am just asking for water because I'm limp and I'm in the top bunk of a two-story bed? Is that shirk? I know I may sound foolish or ignorant. I am just anxious as said, that we are as humans, created that way, in the Quran, as far as I know. Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
the reality of shirk was.....
Believe that there is someone other than Allah who has power/control over the universe

Believe it can bring you good

Believe it can push away evil

Ümit
11-01-2018, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Some say that if I seek help of other than Allah, it is shirk. What if I am just asking for water because I'm limp and I'm in the top bunk of a two-story bed? Is that shirk? I know I may sound foolish or ignorant. I am just anxious as said, that we are as humans, created that way, in the Quran, as far as I know. Thank you in advance.
That is not shirk of course. Seeking for help does not automatically mean shirk...if İ have to get my washing machine all the way up my appartment...and İ cannot do it by myself...then İ have to ask help from someone. That is perfectly OK...we are not alone on this Earth...we can help and support each other.

emem.masorong
11-02-2018, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
That is not shirk of course. Seeking for help does not automatically mean shirk...if İ have to get my washing machine all the way up my appartment...and İ cannot do it by myself...then İ have to ask help from someone. That is perfectly OK...we are not alone on this Earth...we can help and support each other.
Thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
the reality of shirk was.....
Believe that there is someone other than Allah who has power/control over the universe

Believe it can bring you good

Believe it can push away evil
Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.