/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When people say “pray 2 rakats”, what do they mean?

Ishak123
11-02-2018, 06:15 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Some people tell me to pray 2 rakats (not fard prayer). What prayer do they mean? Is it Sunnah, Nafl...

Could please someone clarify this for me?

جزاك اللهُ خيرًا

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ishak123
11-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Also, when someone tells me to pray for them, do they mean to actually pray, or just to make Dua for them? If it’s to pray, what kind of prayer is that going to have to be? (Nafl, Sunnah...)

azc
11-02-2018, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ishak123

Some people tell me to pray 2 rakats (not fard prayer). What prayer do they mean? Is it Sunnah, Nafl...

جزاك اللهُ خيرًا
Perhaps they mean to say 2 rakat nafil salah tahyatul masjid

- - - Updated - - -

:wa:

Ishak123
11-02-2018, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Perhaps they mean to say 2 rakat nafil salah tahyatul masjid

- - - Updated - - -

:wa:
What is the niyyah for that in Arabic? I know that Niyyah can be made in any language, but I just want to know how to say it in Arabic as I'm used to it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
11-02-2018, 07:40 PM
There is no prescribed in niyah in Arabic, however, you can do niyyah of praying 2 rakat nafil salah tahyatul masjid in heart.

Ishak123
11-02-2018, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
There is no prescribed in niyah in Arabic, however, you can do niyyah of praying 2 rakat nafil salah tahyatul masjid in heart.
I know, but, what would most people say? For example, the Niyyah for Fajr would be “Nawayatu Aan Usallia Lillahi Taalaa Rakatai Salatil Fajree Faaradullahi Taala Mutaouuazzihan Ila Zihatil Ka’batish Sharifati, Allahuu Akbar”

Zzz_
11-04-2018, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ishak123

جزاك اللهُ خيرًا
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

why are they telling you that? need more context to answer properly. Generally it means 2 rakah nawfil.

Also, when someone tells me to pray for them, do they mean to actually pray, or just to make Dua for them? If it’s to pray, what kind of prayer is that going to have to be? (Nafl, Sunnah...)
usually means remember them in your duas, make dua for them.

and as for niyyah. There are no specific words you need to saw for each prayer. You just need to make the intention in heart of what you are about to prayer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.