/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need a fatwah - ex-husband wants to know location

rumaysah2018
11-04-2018, 11:27 PM
Asalaamu alaykum wrwb

jazaakAllahu khair in advance for anyone who answers this.

Does an ex husband have the right to know where his ex wife lives if she is remarried and has his kids living with her and her new husband? Baring in mind that the father has access to his kids and there is an arrangement in place for the kids to be collected from school and spend a few night with him then the mother collects them from school upon their return? The new husband would not feel comfortable with the ex husband knowing where they live seeing as the wife is there alone during the day and he could turn up there unannounced etc but the ex is demanding to know where they live so we are asking to know if this is compulsory?

Also is it compulsory for the husband to meet the ex husband?

All communication at the moment goes through the wife’s mother so there is no direct contact.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jameelash
11-05-2018, 07:45 AM
Sister it’s better u approach alawer Nd find out a solution u can follow layers advice
Before approaching a layer u discuss with ur second husband .you should involve ur second husband so the he feels ur depend On him. Don’t talk to ex personally. Layers will know haw .to deal

rumaysah2018
11-05-2018, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
Sister it’s better u approach alawer Nd find out a solution u can follow layers advice
Before approaching a layer u discuss with ur second husband .you should involve ur second husband so the he feels ur depend On him. Don’t talk to ex personally. Layers will know haw .to deal
First of all I have spoken to my current husband of course and secondly as stated in the post all contact goes via my mother so there is no contact.

I’ve contacted an imam so waiting for response but posted here in case anyone knowledgeable can give advice also.

We don’t go through lawyers in regards to our children we follow Islam and what is best.

Allah swt knows best.

azc
11-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Does it help..?

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8516

Can my Ex-Wife move to another Country with my Child? - IslamQA
I live in England and my ex-wife is from Toronto, Canada. Unfortunately, we recently underwent a divorce. She left England with our child to her home...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rumaysah2018
11-05-2018, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Does it help..?

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8516

Can my Ex-Wife move to another Country with my Child? - IslamQA
I live in England and my ex-wife is from Toronto, Canada. Unfortunately, we recently underwent a divorce. She left England with our child to her home...
I don’t see how that answers my specific question? Does he have a right to know my address or not seeing as we have arrangements for him to pick the kids up from school, he knows which town I live which is the same as him but does he have a right to know my exact address? And does he have a right to meet my husband or not? He just wants to argue with him it’s not for bringing any benefit and I want to avoid the fitnah

azc
11-05-2018, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rumaysah2018
I don’t see how that answers my specific question? Does he have a right to know my address or not seeing as we have arrangements for him to pick the kids up from school, he knows which town I live which is the same as him but does he have a right to know my exact address? And does he have a right to meet my husband or not? He just wants to argue with him it’s not for bringing any benefit and I want to avoid the fitnah
ex spouses are stranger to each other. If ex wife doesn't want to let her exact address be known to her ex husband, then he shouldn't try to know it. If meeting her husband causes any fitnah in her personal life then this man himself is a fitnah.

Mandy
11-05-2018, 06:43 PM
We don’t go through lawyers in regards to our children we follow Islam and what is best.
I would advise to be careful there. You might want to consult a layer who is muslim. That way he can advise you on the local laws as well. Depending on where you live, there might be specific legal steps to take to avoid problems and to allow you to follow the islamic recommendation on this matter.

The text azc sent can help guide you. First of all, are you children boys or girls? How old are they?
From that ruling, if it is a boy, you would not be able to make the child live in a location that is unknown to his father unless he is under 7. If your child is a girl, it is another matter.
Again, local laws of where you live might say otherwise.

The problem you face is not giving your address to your exhusband. He has NO right to know that. But the problem is does he have a right to know the address his children live at. If so, then you would have no choice but to tell him where the kids live (even if that means telling him where you also live).

I hope this helps and that Allah gives you guidance in solving this difficult and painful situation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.