/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to touch the dog?

tawheed.sayyid
11-05-2018, 12:08 AM
I work in an office culture where they include dogs to reduce employee stress. Now the problem is that the dog runs over to everyone. Everyone shows affection to it and that I am compelled to do the same. As of now I have not been licked or got my clothes wet with its saliva. I just wanted to ask whether patting the dog or touching its dry fur will be haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
11-05-2018, 12:21 AM
It's not haram to pat a dog

Abrahamic_seek
11-05-2018, 11:28 AM
It is not haram to touch a dog nor do you become unclean. But the saliva of the dog will make you unclean and you have to wash it seven times and the eigth with dirt or anything that can replace that (read from scholars). There is difference in opinion on wether the dogs fur will make you unclean if it is wet or if you are wet. There is also difference in opinion wether the spot that was tocuhed by the dog and either of them was wet becomes unclean and wether you become unclean if you touch this spot.

azc
11-05-2018, 01:14 PM
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/43817

What is the ruling if a dog touches you or your clothes i.e. his nose or other parts of his bod - IslamQA
Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani What is the ruling if a dog touches you or your clothes i.e. his nose or other parts of his body? And what if you touch...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
11-05-2018, 01:52 PM
it is not haraan to patt a
dry dog .

space
11-05-2018, 01:58 PM
why is that haram if it's a creation of Allah? Absolutely no

Mandy
11-05-2018, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrahamic_seek
It is not haram to touch a dog nor do you become unclean. But the saliva of the dog will make you unclean and you have to wash it seven times and the eigth with dirt or anything that can replace that (read from scholars).
Is it the same for the saliva of other animals?
I would personally wash if the saliva of any animal was to soil my cloths or my hands. But does the islamic ruling on the way to wash specific only to dogs?

GodIsAll
11-14-2018, 03:28 AM
Lighten up and pet the dog.
Dogs have to be on of our Creator’s kindest gifts to humans.

Zzz_
11-23-2018, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
Is it the same for the saliva of other animals?
I would personally wash if the saliva of any animal was to soil my cloths or my hands. But does the islamic ruling on the way to wash specific only to dogs?
It applies only to those that have been specifically mentioned.

Attachment 6565

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.