/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NYC

Calazakk
11-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Looking to meet brothers in Bronx, NYC. Im a recent convert and could use the help guidance and company

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-13-2018, 03:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Welcome to Islam and welcome to the forums bro.

Not sure if anyone here is from the Bronx, but you can feel free to ask questions here.
There also should be a lot of mosques around you since NY has a large Muslim population. You can also search on Facebook for bronx muslims or something similar.
There's the Bronx muslim center: https://www.facebook.com/bxmuslimcenter/ You can send them a message.

Calazakk
11-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Walaikum assalam and thanks bro I do attend one in mink and couple others just having a hard time getting connected and do have like anxiety or something approaching members and have spoken to a few of Imams etc trying to get involved w classes, functions etc but most ones are bangla and just diff vibe idk but def looking even on here to meet people for support as I really dont know much and strayed for bit but trying to get on Deen hard and know its good to be connected

*charisma*
11-13-2018, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Calazakk
Walaikum assalam and thanks bro I do attend one in mink and couple others just having a hard time getting connected and do have like anxiety or something approaching members and have spoken to a few of Imams etc trying to get involved w classes, functions etc but most ones are bangla and just diff vibe idk but def looking even on here to meet people for support as I really dont know much and strayed for bit but trying to get on Deen hard and know its good to be connected
Yea I can understand how you may feel the cultural difference or anxious...I can feel anxious around people in general as well. Well hey you can stick around here for as long as you want :) Lots of supportive people here. Maybe with time you'll have more confidence to reach out to people more locally.

So what's your story? How'd you find islam?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Calazakk
11-13-2018, 06:03 PM
Yea i hate feeling that way and at times can even be intimidating or whatever but i know where im trying to get and whats needed and just have to push and i am and on my own read alot and make salah as well as at masjid you know. As far as coming to Islam after years of haram and self defeating stuff i managed ro look into many diff philosophies and religions and somehow always ended up being in presence of Islam through some of the people ive met over the years and about two years ago met a friend who was born muslim and really spent alot of time around him and began to read and learn more and then it just felt right after all the years of wasted time like way it resonated its hard to explain but im sure most converts especially could relate so took my shahada and strayed a bit but last few months have really been working on staying in deen and became more comfortable etc. so now have realized how much it is to learn and one can only do so much on their own w Islam so had to make choice to reach out and gets boring and lonely being a muslim with no muslims to spend time with and relate to etc. found this board and just seemed legit and here i am in nutshell lol, you? are you in US?

*charisma*
11-13-2018, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Calazakk
Yea i hate feeling that way and at times can even be intimidating or whatever but i know where im trying to get and whats needed and just have to push and i am and on my own read alot and make salah as well as at masjid you know. As far as coming to Islam after years of haram and self defeating stuff i managed ro look into many diff philosophies and religions and somehow always ended up being in presence of Islam through some of the people ive met over the years and about two years ago met a friend who was born muslim and really spent alot of time around him and began to read and learn more and then it just felt right after all the years of wasted time like way it resonated its hard to explain but im sure most converts especially could relate so took my shahada and strayed a bit but last few months have really been working on staying in deen and became more comfortable etc. so now have realized how much it is to learn and one can only do so much on their own w Islam so had to make choice to reach out and gets boring and lonely being a muslim with no muslims to spend time with and relate to etc. found this board and just seemed legit and here i am in nutshell lol, you? are you in US?
Well it's good to hear that you're trying your best. May Allah help you inshallah and ease your affairs ameen. I know you feel lonely but I want you to know that none of us are perfect either, even being born muslim. We also stray away but alhemdulilah we are guided again somehow. I am from the US but not living there currently. Actually where I lived there were barely any muslims either, so I totally understand how you feel right now not having the support. I think we romanticize the feeling of being around a lot of muslims and having muslim friends, but I'm kind of thankful that I had to do it all on my own because it made me a stronger person not having to lean on anyone else and it made me have more control in the type of people I wanted to surround myself in.

I can tell you're genuine and have a good head on your shoulders. If you do what you're doing and you focus on your iman, I really believe that good things and people will come your way instead of you having to go out to search for them :) I wish I knew people around in your area, I'd have loved to help out in that regard.

BeTheChange
11-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Asalamualykum

Whilst you are waiting to meet someone insha Allah you do i would like to introduce you to my favourite website.

www.kalamullah.com

You will find plenty of e books, audio and written articles. Insha Allah it will keep you busy and bring you closer to Allah swt.

Also check Merciful Servant channel on youtube.

As always we are here if you need anything insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!