/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Living in a Non Muslim Country

ameerkam
11-14-2018, 02:10 AM
Salaam

I heard that a Muslim can only live in a non Muslim country if it’s for the purpose of dawah. Is this true?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ameerkam
11-14-2018, 02:40 AM
Salaam

Can you have non Muslims as friends. The ayah states to treat them kindly as long as they don’t drive you out of your homes or help enemies against you. Is the “you” referring to myself or people in the Muslim community?

ameerkam
11-14-2018, 02:48 AM
the Holy Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam)said: “He who mingles with a disbeliever and dwells with him is like him.”

Does this prohibit Muslims from making friends with Non Muslims or is it from the time where there was great hostility between them so the situation is special

ameerkam
11-14-2018, 02:52 AM
Salaam

Is wearing jeans and western clothes like Tshirts an imitation of the Kuffar? Because these clothes originate from the Kuffar.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abrahamic_seek
11-14-2018, 10:49 AM
According to me it is allowed to live in non-muslim countries and you should honor and respect the laws as long as they don't go against Islam. JUst don't get unfluenced by the securalism or the other religion and it's good if you have some reasons to live there, for example if it is your motherland. Otherwise it's better to live in a muslim country. I am not a scholar and I might be wrong so please research and think for yourself. And Allah knows best.

MazharShafiq
11-14-2018, 03:49 PM
If you are experiencing any difficulty in living in non-Muslim county or you can not act on your religion freely, better than leaving this county.

Supernova
11-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

Are you asking a question or asking and answering your own question ?

Bit confused here...

azc
11-17-2018, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

I heard that a Muslim can only live in a non Muslim country if it’s for the purpose of dawah. Is this true?

Jazzakallahu Khair
:wa:

I have never heard of this condition for living in a non muslim country

azc
11-17-2018, 09:18 PM
And what about those muslim countries which have banned wearing niqab and growing beard ?

Nitro Zeus
11-17-2018, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

Jazzakallahu Khair
You may live anywhere you wish, because all Earth belongs to God. And you can practice your religion anywhere on Earth. But, you must also try your best to make others accept you and allow you to practice your religion freely there, otherwise if their answer is negative, you may move to another place where it is allowed. You may go to USA for example, where anyone can practice anything, and they can be also free to do anything in USA. Just an idea.

Hopefully this is what you’re looking for.

Zzz_
11-23-2018, 08:21 PM
The basic principle is that it is haraam to settle among the mushrikeen and in their land. If Allaah makes it easy for a person to move from such a country to a Muslim country, then he should not prefer that which is inferior [i.e., living in a non-Muslim country] to that which is better [living in a Muslim country] unless he has an excuse which permits him to go back.

http://turntoislam.com/community/thr...country.35949/

Nitro Zeus
11-23-2018, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
The basic principle is that it is haraam to settle among the mushrikeen and in their land. If Allaah makes it easy for a person to move from such a country to a Muslim country, then he should not prefer that which is inferior [i.e., living in a non-Muslim country] to that which is better [living in a Muslim country] unless he has an excuse which permits him to go back.

http://turntoislam.com/community/thr...country.35949/
Yeah, it only makes it be haram if you can’t practice your religion there. But if you live in your own home land where there’s polytheists and you can even practice your religion freely, then there’s no sin on this. Am I right?

xboxisdead
11-24-2018, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Yeah, it only makes it be haram if you can’t practice your religion there. But if you live in your own home land where there’s polytheists and you can even practice your religion freely, then there’s no sin on this. Am I right?
Problem living in non-Muslim countries is that you have to do zina almost 24/7 when you leave the home. There is not ONE single non-Muslim woman out there who wears Hijjab and the sisters are influenced in that world, they cover their hair but they wear the most tightest of jeans and pants and some even show their chest. I don't see how that is defined as Hijjab. That is no more Hijjab..that is just plain on...dress fashion and style. It will worsen here before it enters Muslim world if the Muslim world is not well practicing Muslim either.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries if you need to be hired you are intermingling with the opposite sex all the time. At work they wear the most provocative clothing..until your heart and eyes become rigid and don't care and think of it normal.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries is that you don't hear Athaan. It is illegal in non-Muslim countries to have Athaan because in their law it disturb or annoy people, especially when fajir prayer starts. However, as Muslims we have to hear the ringing of church bells on Sunday. Their logic is that the church is only in Sunday and it rings like 4 to 5 times and it is over where as Athan is every day: Monday through Sunday all day and night long. So it annoys them.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries is when you plant your seed, you are planting the seed in a soil of non-Muslim social media, media and friends will have much stronger influence over you and they make take over you. The only way as a parent to hold them straight is to be in their daily live 24/7, what they watch, what they play, what games they play, what friends they meet, you have to go school meetings and check their social life 24/7 in order hold them and even then...there is no 100% guarantee you will. Not saying bad influence is not available in Muslim countries...but a good, strict Muslim country will limit the influence to bare minimum instead of the majority and make parenting easier. Less influence...less effect.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries is that you limit your food difference if you want to eat in restaurant ...you will find 98% of them are non-halal. So while this is good in many ways, you have to prepare all your food at home. However, if you are single or married but both spouses are working, you will find that preparing meal at home may become a problem in the long run and you have to eat outside. The choices are limited and the food quality is morbid.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries............

azc
11-24-2018, 03:35 AM
@xboxisdead :

Have you migrated to any Muslim country...?

xboxisdead
11-24-2018, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@xboxisdead :

Have you migrated to any Muslim country...?
Don't smash me on the head...but...uh....

I was....damn...ok...- swallows own saliva - promise not to smash me on the head, ok?

I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia, in Riyadh all my childhood life and at grade 10, then I moved to Canada.

- runs, hides under the table and speaks - I have developed a very conservative mentality at that time since I was a minor I was conservative and such I find things like:

A) Boy/friend girlfriend to be the most stupidest thing ever to do and haraam.
B) Alcohol, drugs and other bad things I looked at them as the most stupidest thing to do and obviously a duh that it is a bad thing and naturally haraam.

So with this conservative thinking and following Islam I live protected, happy, peaceful and well....

:D

MazharShafiq
11-24-2018, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
And what about those muslim countries which have banned wearing niqab and growing beard ?
I think it is better to leave this area where you are not allowed to easily wearing niqaab nd growing beard.

azc
11-24-2018, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Don't smash me on the head...but...uh....

I was....damn...ok...- swallows own saliva - promise not to smash me on the head, ok?

I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia, in Riyadh all my childhood life and at grade 10, then I moved to Canada.

- runs, hides under the table and speaks - I have developed a very conservative mentality at that time since I was a minor I was conservative and such I find things like:

A) Boy/friend girlfriend to be the most stupidest thing ever to do and haraam.
B) Alcohol, drugs and other bad things I looked at them as the most stupidest thing to do and obviously a duh that it is a bad thing and naturally haraam.

So with this conservative thinking and following Islam I live protected, happy, peaceful and well....

:D
Now it's proven that evil culture of west can not affect a migrated Muslim if he doesn't want to be affected and you are the perfect example.

Kudos to your steadfastness, bro

xboxisdead
11-24-2018, 05:07 PM
I never looked at it that way!! O_O

Nitro Zeus
11-24-2018, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
Problem living in non-Muslim countries is that you have to do zina almost 24/7 when you leave the home. There is not ONE single non-Muslim woman out there who wears Hijjab and the sisters are influenced in that world, they cover their hair but they wear the most tightest of jeans and pants and some even show their chest. I don't see how that is defined as Hijjab. That is no more Hijjab..that is just plain on...dress fashion and style. It will worsen here before it enters Muslim world if the Muslim world is not well practicing Muslim either.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries if you need to be hired you are intermingling with the opposite sex all the time. At work they wear the most provocative clothing..until your heart and eyes become rigid and don't care and think of it normal.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries is that you don't hear Athaan. It is illegal in non-Muslim countries to have Athaan because in their law it disturb or annoy people, especially when fajir prayer starts. However, as Muslims we have to hear the ringing of church bells on Sunday. Their logic is that the church is only in Sunday and it rings like 4 to 5 times and it is over where as Athan is every day: Monday through Sunday all day and night long. So it annoys them.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries is when you plant your seed, you are planting the seed in a soil of non-Muslim social media, media and friends will have much stronger influence over you and they make take over you. The only way as a parent to hold them straight is to be in their daily live 24/7, what they watch, what they play, what games they play, what friends they meet, you have to go school meetings and check their social life 24/7 in order hold them and even then...there is no 100% guarantee you will. Not saying bad influence is not available in Muslim countries...but a good, strict Muslim country will limit the influence to bare minimum instead of the majority and make parenting easier. Less influence...less effect.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries is that you limit your food difference if you want to eat in restaurant ...you will find 98% of them are non-halal. So while this is good in many ways, you have to prepare all your food at home. However, if you are single or married but both spouses are working, you will find that preparing meal at home may become a problem in the long run and you have to eat outside. The choices are limited and the food quality is morbid.

Another problem with living in non-Muslim countries............
What does these so called problems, have to do with performing prayers??? I live in Romania where no Christian judge me that I’m a Muslim, and they even respect the way I am, and treat me normal just like everyone else.

azc
11-25-2018, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
I think it is better to leave this area where you are not allowed to easily wearing niqaab nd growing beard.
e,g,
Where all the Muslims who want to grow beard should go...?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0%2C6614642626

alfaqir
11-25-2018, 06:52 PM
would be better to live in a muslim country, though it is often not a matter of choice, most muslim countries have strict immigration and nationality laws. So it is very hard if you do not already possess their citizenship, unless you are 1. a woman married to a national of the muslim country, 2. you have a good skilled profession required in their labor markets (IT, engineering, medical etc). 3. being very rich. They usually already have enough poor, unskilled and unemployed people... :D

anatolian
11-25-2018, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alfaqir
would be better to live in a muslim country, though it is often not a matter of choice, most muslim countries have strict immigration and nationality laws. So it is very hard if you do not already possess their citizenship, unless you are 1. a woman married to a national of the muslim country, 2. you have a good skilled profession required in their labor markets (IT, engineering, medical etc). 3. being very rich. They usually already have enough poor, unskilled and unemployed people... :D
No sane country would want new useless people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.