/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ballet dance for a muslim girl

Djaamila
11-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Salam alaykum,
My name is Djamila. I am a woman of 18 years old, and even if I am still young, my wish is to live accordingly to the words of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace).

I come here because I need some advice... Since my early years, I have a passion for ballet dancing, and I would like to start to take classes to learn it! But during these classes, I might be asked to wear the traditionnal ballet attire : a bodysuit with tights, which looks quite immodest to me. Also, I might not be allowed to wear hijab...

What do you think about it? Would it be indecent for a proper muslim girl to do something like this?

Thank you all for your advices!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
12-06-2018, 05:28 AM
I found this on IslamQa

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5000...ng-and-dancing

You already know the risk, tight body suit and possibly not allowed to wear hijab. Do you think it's worth it pursuing this passion?

Mahir Adnan
12-06-2018, 09:29 AM
stop dancing, if they don't allow hijab.
dance with your (girl) friends or in front of them; not when boys are around
(if no boys are around, you can put off hijab)

MazharShafiq
12-06-2018, 03:10 PM
It's not so important to dance, because of which you have to do so much.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mandy
12-07-2018, 11:28 AM
I would advise you stay away from such activity. A more knowledgeable scholar than myself might be able to tell you under which condition doing ballet might be permissible (doing it with only women present, maintaining hijab, etc).

However, it seems to me that you would only be putting yourself in a situation where you might end up in a problematic situation. If those are classes with a group, what happens if there a man is allowed in the room? What if the group is required to perform publicly? Those are many "what if" to take into consideration. The question is, are you really required to put yourself in that condition? Couldn't you find another activity?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.