/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to ask too many religious questions

ameerkam
11-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Salaam

I have heard that the Prophet (PBUH) told people not to ask too many questions regarding Islam (or is this meant generally?) Does this make it forbidden or disliked?

And I understand that this itself is a question

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
11-18-2018, 08:01 PM
:wa:
You can ask if you do not know but asking too many questions is not good., Particularly about any injunction as bani israil would ask unnecessarily e.g about cow

Mandy
11-19-2018, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:wa:
You can ask if you do not know but asking too many questions is not good., Particularly about any injunction as bani israil would ask unnecessarily e.g about cow
I am sorry brother, but could you clarify what you meant about bani israil ? I am unsure that I understand the reference you are trying to highlight.

Zzz_
11-19-2018, 03:11 AM
In Islam asking questions is something which is encouraged when seeking knowledge. Allah (SWA) says: “Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know.” (Surah Anbiya v.7)

However to ask unnecessary questions is prohibited in Islam.

Allah (SWA) in the Holy Quran has said; “O those who believe, do not ask about things which, if disclosed, may displease you; and if you ask about them when the Quran is being revealed, they will be disclosed to you.” (Surah Maaidah v.101)

---

Prophet Moses asked the Bani Israel to slaughter a cow, in submission to Allah’s command. When the Prophet of Allah asks his followers to do something, they should obey him and not question his commands, nor pass any comments about the latter that defy or undermine his authority.

However, Banu Israel did not do as they were told, and when Prophet Moses asked them to slaughter a cow, they instead started asking him questions about the cow itself, in order to delay their obedience to his command.

The truth was, they didn’t want to slaughter the cow as he was ordering them to. They asked unnecessary questions, such as how old? what color? how big horns? etc. and then it became hard for them to find a cow matching that criteria.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir states the following about their behavior:

“This means that even after all the questions and answers about the cow’s description, the Jews were still reluctant to slaughter the cow. This part of the Quran criticized the Jews for their behavior, because their only goal was to be stubborn, and this is why they nearly did not slaughter the cow.”

Also, when Prophet Muhammad was once asked extra questions about worship, he became angry and advised his companions to not ask questions that would make matters of religion more difficult for them.

He said:

“Leave me alone so long as I have left you alone. Those who came before you were destroyed because they asked too many questions and differed with their prophets. If I command you to do something, then follow it as much as you can, and if I forbid you to do something then avoid it.” (Al-Nisa’i)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem.masorong
11-19-2018, 03:17 AM
This is an interesting thread. Is it a thread? Hope I'm correct. I also wanted some answers concerning this questioning thing because I've read something about it.

azc
11-19-2018, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
I am sorry brother, but could you clarify what you meant about bani israil ? I am unsure that I understand the reference you are trying to highlight.
Plz see quran 2: 67-73
Instead of slaughtering a cow jews began to ask questions unnecessarily

Nitro Zeus
11-19-2018, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

I have heard that the Prophet (PBUH) told people not to ask too many questions regarding Islam (or is this meant generally?) Does this make it forbidden or disliked?

Jazzakallahu Khair
Well, let me get this straight up for you.

First of all, the Prophet has only forbid us to ask unnecessary and silly questions, that is all. But he also encouraged us to ask questions when he was about to die. He said to one of his companions or friends of his: “do not be shy to ask, asking is good!”. If I’m not mistaken. And also this is one of the ways which you may increase your knowledge, but also you have to use your logic before you ask anything or say anything “think twice before you say anything”.

MazharShafiq
11-19-2018, 03:15 PM
It is not so that the Prophet (PBUH) did not stop asking from the question, if you do not understand any matter of religion, then you can ask and ask someone. to stop asking questions when The commandments of Allah were being revealed and the Muslims could have been in trouble due to question

azc
11-20-2018, 07:20 AM
Invariably, most of the sahaba :ra: would keep silent because of awe and august before him :saws:

HakimPtsid
11-20-2018, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

Jazzakallahu Khair
If you don't ask questions, then can you really consider yourself a Muslim? or just someone that likes to think they are a Muslim?

A true Muslim seeks Allah with a pure heart and tests things, most certainly with wisdom and love. Intuition is a Muslim's best tool.

emem.masorong
11-23-2018, 07:48 AM
I don't believe so much that we are different much with non-Muslims. Muslim, christian, buddhist, aethiest, are all humans. Why is it human being? Because we came from nothing, from Allah. I'm not saying that Allah is nothing. We came from Allah's nothing because even if that nothing word is a nothing, it also entails that it is something, because you can see it! Why is not? You can see it! It's there. Look. NOTHING. Is it really nothing? Specifity. What am I saying? Oh yes... I remember... I remember that we are all humans(I'm pertaining to humans). There are also animals. Why? Are there aliens? Maybe. Of course you can ask questions. Go through trial and error, but if you're hurting yourself, then life goes on my friend. Hahaha. Life goes on. Haha. I love you bros and sissies. If you need a friend, you can be mine on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emskii.masorong.10.

Nitro Zeus
11-23-2018, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
I don't believe so much that we are different much with non-Muslims. Muslim, christian, buddhist, aethiest, are all humans. Why is it human being? Because we came from nothing, from Allah. I'm not saying that Allah is nothing. We came from Allah's nothing because even if that nothing word is a nothing, it also entails that it is something, because you can see it! Why is not? You can see it! It's there. Look. NOTHING. Is it really nothing? Specifity. What am I saying? Oh yes... I remember... I remember that we are all humans(I'm pertaining to humans). There are also animals. Why? Are there aliens? Maybe. Of course you can ask questions. Go through trial and error, but if you're hurting yourself, then life goes on my friend. Hahaha. Life goes on. Haha. I love you bros and sissies. If you need a friend, you can be mine on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emskii.masorong.10.
You have no idea how many advanced alien civilizations are around the 7 Universes. There are countless of them. How do I know that?

First of all, because God Almighty named Himself as Lord of the worlds, and He also Said in Quran that Earth is not unique world. And there are many in 7 Universes who has free will like us and has intelligence and they can prostrate to God. This is actually a fact, because God told us like this in Quran. So yes, aliens are very real. They may visit even now our home world without us to know.

emem.masorong
11-27-2018, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
You have no idea how many advanced alien civilizations are around the 7 Universes. There are countless of them. How do I know that?

First of all, because God Almighty named Himself as Lord of the worlds, and He also Said in Quran that Earth is not unique world. And there are many in 7 Universes who has free will like us and has intelligence and they can prostrate to God. This is actually a fact, because God told us like this in Quran. So yes, aliens are very real. They may visit even now our home world without us to know.
Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks.

HakimPtsid
11-27-2018, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
I don't believe so much that we are different much with non-Muslims. Muslim, christian, buddhist, aethiest, are all humans. Why is it human being? Because we came from nothing, from Allah. I'm not saying that Allah is nothing. We came from Allah's nothing because even if that nothing word is a nothing, it also entails that it is something, because you can see it! Why is not? You can see it! It's there. Look. NOTHING. Is it really nothing? Specifity. What am I saying? Oh yes... I remember... I remember that we are all humans(I'm pertaining to humans). There are also animals. Why? Are there aliens? Maybe. Of course you can ask questions. Go through trial and error, but if you're hurting yourself, then life goes on my friend. Hahaha. Life goes on. Haha. I love you bros and sissies.
Very well said!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.