/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I Ask The Imam If He Is Married?

smolmeows
11-19-2018, 05:31 PM
There is a boy I have been keeping some tabs on for maybe three months.
He is cute, smart, and very practicing. From what I've seen, I think we will get along good.
But I have no father, or brother that can gather information about him because I am not a born-muslim.
Even the most basic things about him I don't know, like if he is married.
Do you think it will be weird if I message the imam asking if he is married? (I am shy so I want to message)
I dont even know if its allowed to ask..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
11-19-2018, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
smolmeows;3003322
He is cute, smart, and very practicing. From what I've seen, I think we will get along good.
But I have no father, or brother that can gather information about him because I am not a born-muslim.
Do you think it will be weird if I message the imam asking if he is married? (I am shy so I want to message)

Is there nobody who gets all info about him

*charisma*
11-19-2018, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smolmeows
Assalamu Alaikum

I think that is fine, especially via a message. Even better would be to ask the imam's wife and I think that would be the most helpful for you especially if it turns out the guy is not married.

Mandy
11-20-2018, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by smolmeows
Your iman is someone you can trust with this question. Ask him (or if you are shy, like charisma mentioned, ask his wife so that she can ask your iman). If the man you are interested in is unmarried, you should ask someone you trust to approach him. The iman can probably help you there as well or he can identify someone who will be able to do so.

For those of us who are converts, there can be unique challenges. But there are always ways.
I wish you the best and that everything works out for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
11-20-2018, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I think that is fine, especially via a message. Even better would be to ask the imam's wife and I think that would be the most helpful for you especially if it turns out the guy is not married.
yes I m agree with you .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.