/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with my “bossy” Christian grandmother?

Nitro Zeus
11-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Today when she was cleaning after my mess, she found my writings and she asked me from where I got the ideas about Islamic laws? And I told her, it doesn’t matter due to the fact that I do not want to get in trouble in religious matters. And she asked me forcefully, and I replayed with anger “from my Muslim father” and she told me that I have done completely wrong!!! You are born in Romania and baptized as an Orthodox Christian. And I told her that this is a personal matter, anyone has right to believe in anything. And she told me that I’m wrong that I’m suppose to believe in God and pray to Him. And I told her that also they(Muslims) do believe, but little bit different than what you believe. And I told her that they hey believe that God does not need a son or a daughter, and He is All Capable of doing anything Alone, and He can handle anything and nothing is beyond His capabilities. And she told me that I’m wrong.

This made me to feel that I’m not allowed to believe in what I want, dam!!! Why life has to be so difficult??? I want to believe in Islamic belief. I feel also disturbed by her, and I told her: “enough, enough! I got it!” With the intention to close the subject because I get in trouble or to commit any sin.

What should I do in this situation? How can I put in her mind that anyone has the right to believe in anything? I thought that, this is not big deal. Why is this a big deal to her??

Is she kafir now?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
11-20-2018, 05:20 PM
You shouldn't argue with her. She is too old to be changed. However, keep good conduct with her and Do dua for her hidaya.

xboxisdead
11-20-2018, 06:08 PM
"Saying that Allah does not have a son or a partner is wrong indeed make you a kafir and a Mushrik." ==> "Saying that Allah does have a son or a partner and you are WRONG TO BELIEVE he doesn't (which is her argument against you), indeed make her a kafir and a Mushrik."

<Moderator it is your responsibility to change the above with the new request, since I went my way to make the changes and I have no control to do it by myself. If you don't do the changes then you will be accountable in the day of judgement. Why I am saying that? Because lately you guys are not doing a good job with me requesting to make changes and leaving mistakes I clearly said to fix in there. If you are tired of me keep asking you to keep changes, please give me my original right back with a condition if I break the rule again I get banned then we are an agreement. However, if you refuse to do that and still want to go this route then understand if I request (with good manners) to change something and you do not...I will sleep at night at comfort that I will not be held accountable in the day of judgement but you will and there I will get your deeds for failing to fix the mistakes I asked.>

Nitro Zeus
11-20-2018, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
You shouldn't argue with her. She is too old to be changed. However, keep good conduct with her and Do dua for her hidaya.
And she also told me to leave “silly” things and be an Orthodox Christian, because you’re in Romanian and that’s how you we’re baptized. And I feel like she has insulted Islam. What should I do? I feel like I’m suggested to convert to Christianity… the truth is, I have Jose Islam because I want to, I have done it willingly, and nothing and no one can make me exit Islam unless I want to, not even the demons and Ibliss cannot make me to exit Islam, but I chose to stick myself into Islam for whole life so that I won’t have to suffer in Hereafter. And plus, I haven’t argued with her, she started and I tried to explain that also Muslims do believe but in little bit different than all the rest of religions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xboxisdead
11-20-2018, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
And she also told me to leave “silly” things and be an Orthodox Christian, because you’re in Romanian and that’s how you we’re baptized. And I feel like she has insulted Islam. What should I do? I feel like I’m suggested to convert to Christianity… the truth is, I have Jose Islam because I want to, I have done it willingly, and nothing and no one can make me exit Islam unless I want to, not even the demons and Ibliss cannot make me to exit Islam, but I chose to stick myself into Islam for whole life so that I won’t have to suffer in Hereafter. And plus, I haven’t argued with her, she started and I tried to explain that also Muslims do believe but in little bit different than all the rest of religions.
Brother a non-Muslim by definition does not care what he or she say about Allah, Qura'an or the religion itself because they don't believe on it or care. They believe they are right and you are wrong. That is a non-Muslim. She can easily sit there and insult Allah from morning until night and still sleep at night not caring. If a calamity happens to her or him, that person will think everything else and not that Allah is punishing them. They may even think that their false God is angry at them so they go more in worshipping the false God and pleasing the false God in hope the calamity goes away. That is how it is here. You can try hard to explain to the person why he or she is wrong but if that fails use Surat al-kafiroon at them. Islam is perfect!

azc
11-20-2018, 07:33 PM
And she also told me to leave “silly” things and be an Orthodox Christian, because you’re in Romanian and that’s how you we’re baptized. And I feel like she has insulted Islam. What should I do? I feel like I’m suggested to convert to Christianity… the truth is, I have Jose Islam because I want to, I have done it willingly, and nothing and no one can make me exit Islam unless I want to, not even the demons and Ibliss cannot make me to exit Islam, but I chose to stick my ass into Islam for whole life so that I won’t have to suffer in Hereafter. And plus, I haven’t argued with her, she started and I tried to explain that also Muslims do believe but in little bit different than all the rest of religions.
You shouldn't talk to her if she insults Islam. She will not understand that you want to protect her from hell fire.

Keep patience as She is too old to be changed. However, keep good conduct with her and Do dua for her hidaya.

Nitro Zeus
11-20-2018, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
You shouldn't talk to her if she insults Islam. She will not understand that you want to protect her from hell fire.

Keep patience as She is too old to be changed. However, keep good conduct with her and Do dua for her hidaya.
Ok then.

But, if she doesn’t understand my intentions m, does that mean she is not to be blamed after she dies? Just in curiosity.

BeTheChange
11-20-2018, 08:05 PM
Please do not shout at your grandma. You are very fortunate Alhamdulilah to have her alive. Why don't you show her the beauty of Islam through your actions. Sometimes words are not enough. When she is in a good mood you can explain the concept of tawheed. You did try but nothing will be digested in anger. Show respect to your grandma as this is what Islam has commanded. One important point you don't have to disclose everything to everyone. If you feel the person is of intellect and understanding and if you feel safe then you can share. If your grandma is fixed in her ways and is extremely religious you need to relay the message in a calm manner and with love. May Allah swt help your loved ones understand Ameen.

You can also play videos like this in the background. Again only if it safe for you to do so.

Nitro Zeus
11-20-2018, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Please do not shout at your grandma. You are very fortunate Alhamdulilah to have her alive. Why don't you show her the beauty of Islam through your actions. Sometimes words are not enough. When she is in a good mood you can explain the concept of tawheed. You did try but nothing will be digested in anger. Show respect to your grandma as this is what Islam has commanded. One important point you don't have to disclose everything to everyone. If you feel the person is of intellect and understanding and if you feel safe then you can share. If your grandma is fixed in her ways and is extremely religious you need to relay the message in a calm manner and with love. May Allah swt help your loved ones understand Ameen.

You can also play videos like this in the background. Again only if it safe for you to do so.

Thank you, hopefully she’ll live more time so that I can have time to figure out how to explain in a manner where she fully understands and accept Islam. And I hope she’ll accept that religion. Oh and, I forgot to mention that the reason for not wanting Islam is the fact that she claims that she knows and believes in Paradise, God, the prophets and messengers that are also known to Islam, but what she doesn’t believe is that Ibliss is a fallen Jinn and there is a spiritual race called Jinn.

MazharShafiq
11-21-2018, 07:55 AM
you keep trying If she do not agree with you, you will be disappointed by your duty, and if she speak any nervous words about Islam, then keep silent $because of causing the cause of evil to destroy Islam. You will also have sin - softening with them and doing love with her.

Mandy
11-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Even if she is misguided, your grandmother is still your grandmother. She probably did more for you than you will ever know. So please be respectful to her.
Just try to avoid the subject with her. As others here have mentioned, she is probably too old to change her position, so there is no need to damage your relationship with her.

Nitro Zeus
11-21-2018, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
Even if she is misguided, your grandmother is still your grandmother. She probably did more for you than you will ever know. So please be respectful to her.
Just try to avoid the subject with her. As others here have mentioned, she is probably too old to change her position, so there is no need to damage your relationship with her.
Ok, I make Du’a for her, then how I know that she wants to accepts Islam or not? How do I notice that?

HakimPtsid
11-21-2018, 10:11 PM
Today when she was cleaning after my mess, she found my writings and she asked me from where I got the ideas about Islamic laws? And I told her, it doesn’t matter due to the fact that I do not want to get in trouble in religious matters. And she asked me forcefully, and I replayed with anger “from my Muslim father” and she told me that I have done completely wrong!!! You are born in Romania and baptized as an Orthodox Christian. And I told her that this is a personal matter, anyone has right to believe in anything. And she told me that I’m wrong that I’m suppose to believe in God and pray to Him. And I told her that also they(Muslims) do believe, but little bit different than what you believe. And I told her that they hey believe that God does not need a son or a daughter, and He is All Capable of doing anything Alone, and He can handle anything and nothing is beyond His capabilities. And she told me that I’m wrong.

This made me to feel that I’m not allowed to believe in what I want, dam!!! Why life has to be so difficult??? I want to believe in Islamic belief. I feel also disturbed by her, and I told her: “enough, enough! I got it!” With the intention to close the subject because I get in trouble or to commit any sin.

What should I do in this situation? How can I put in her mind that anyone has the right to believe in anything? I thought that, this is not big deal. Why is this a big deal to her??

Is she kafir now?
Salaam, Try to get on with her. Don't bring up religion. Show kindness if possible. Nobody gets to decide which religion you follow but yourself and your own informed decisions based from your intellect. Her faith is Jesus is her own, yours in Allah is yours. Don't let bitterness come about it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.