/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Truth about mawlid

eesa the kiwi
11-21-2018, 09:33 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
11-21-2018, 10:54 AM
Yasir Qadhi on the mawlid. Ameen to the duas!

''Sadly, both sides have fanatics and overzealous people who have nothing but hate and contempt for the other side.

While I personally choose not to do anything special on the 12th of Rabi al-Awwal (and believe that the actual date of the blessed birth is not known for certain), I also do not in any way disparage or look down on those who choose to celebrate the arrival of the best human being, as long as they stay within the bounds of Islam in their praise.

The fact of the matter is that, for the last seven centuries, we have had respected scholars who have considered this celebration to be discouraged, and others who have considered it to be encouraged with conditions. This is an undeniable reality that no serious researcher can deny. So if you choose to follow one set of scholars, at least recognize that another set of respected jurists have chosen the other opinion, and respect that difference, even as you follow the other opinion.

Especially in this time and age, when the Ummah is facing so much turmoil and trials, surely both sides can agree that the motivation for their positions is the same?!

In other words, those who celebrate the mawlid do so out of pure love for our Prophet (salla Allah alayhi wa sallam), and those who consider it to be a reprehensible innovation also do so out of love for following the Prophet (SAW) perfectly.

Instead of concentrating on the different opinions, why can't we see that what motivates BOTH parties is their love for the Rasul (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam)? And why can't both parties agree that no matter what the correct position is about the mawlid, the Prophet (SAW) would not want us to be boycotting and calling each other names and hating on one another? This, ESPECIALLY at a time of great fitan, when millions of Muslims are refugees, or being persecuted, or facing Islamophobia across the globe.

May Allah :swt1: unite our hearts upon the worship of Allah :swt1: and the love of Rasul Allah (salla Allah alayhi wa sallam), for in the end, that is all that counts!
https://www.islamicboard.com/general...0%2C8068489084

M.I.A.
11-23-2018, 02:25 PM
In the West you are able to freely choose to celebrate the prophets birthday pbuh or to carry on not doing so.

And that is the correct way.

My co-worker is english and has a Hindu wife, he offers me sweets but as he does so asks if I am allowed to eat them because his wife cannot.. they have beef gelatine in.

He knows this is why I politely refuse.. because I eat halal.

...meanwhile in India you run the risk of being killed for disrespecting cows.

The end.

All praise is due to Allah swt.

..I'm not into buddism but

Ultimately if you celebrate it or not is not the question, but rather what you make of it.. what becomes of it, what you put forward from it.

Those things are what you are.

Intentionally or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.