/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wiping over the socks?

abu harris
11-23-2018, 08:08 PM
:salam:
I've read a bit about wiping over the socks while performing wudu. Most articles are about the length of time it is valid, and the type of socks (leather, cotton, or waterproof material).
But my question is i'm confused why you would do wudu and want to wipe over the socks? Is it just faster then taking your socks off?
:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
11-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Asalaamualaykum

Firstly - wiping over socks is much easier than washing the entire foot. If you think that wiping the over the socks is Slower than washing the entire foot then you either making masah over the socks incorrectly OR not washing your feet in wudu according the sunnah method.

In countries like UK and anything further north (or slightly south), it becomes very beneficial as in winter the Salaah times are very very close (Especially Zuhr to Esha), hence making the wudu easier.

If you live in the UK or close by you will understand - if not, google a UK Salaah time table for winter * November to March*

It also serves the elderly who have problems getting their feet up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.