/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My first Post here

Quiet Thomas
11-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone, I am a 23 year old man with ocd and anxiety to where I have to live with my parents. As a child, well I was a horrible person. I never did anything illegal, but I was a bully and just a rude person among other things. About a year ago my personality drastically changed, my ocd became more apparent, I became MUCH meeker, I can't handle being around aggressive people anymore. I became a vegetarian and a pacifist, and I started looking for religion to bring meaning to my life. I never liked Christianity growing up because I don't believe that God would ever have children, among other things I don't like about Christianity growing up in the U.S. Then at the library I happened to pick up a book about the Prophet Mohammed's life. I was entranced, I immediately picked up two more books about him and finished them quickly. Reading about him I was amazed at his success and his generosity, and even more so since unlike most religions, where all we have are stories and fables, all of what he did actually happened historically. Since then I have read many books on Islam and it's history. I am currently reading an abridged version of the Koran to understand it better and I hope that sometime next year I will be in a position to where I can formally convert.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
11-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Welcome and may your stay here be beneficial to you and all. Inshallah you accept Islam sooner then you think.

*charisma*
11-26-2018, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Quiet Thomas
Hello everyone, I am a 23 year old man with ocd and anxiety to where I have to live with my parents. As a child, well I was a horrible person. I never did anything illegal, but I was a bully and just a rude person among other things. About a year ago my personality drastically changed, my ocd became more apparent, I became MUCH meeker, I can't handle being around aggressive people anymore. I became a vegetarian and a pacifist, and I started looking for religion to bring meaning to my life. I never liked Christianity growing up because I don't believe that God would ever have children, among other things I don't like about Christianity growing up in the U.S. Then at the library I happened to pick up a book about the Prophet Mohammed's life. I was entranced, I immediately picked up two more books about him and finished them quickly. Reading about him I was amazed at his success and his generosity, and even more so since unlike most religions, where all we have are stories and fables, all of what he did actually happened historically. Since then I have read many books on Islam and it's history. I am currently reading an abridged version of the Koran to understand it better and I hope that sometime next year I will be in a position to where I can formally convert.
Hi Thomas! Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here and that Allah leads you to the right path.

As for OCD and anxiety they get worse as you put more emphasis on them, but the good news is they are both curable. Maybe with some understanding of yourself, your Creator, and the world around you, you'll find your peace :)

Mandy
11-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here with all the nice people that are around.
Do not hesitate to ask in case you have any sort of questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
11-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Welcome inshaAllah your stay here will be beneficial

Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a live chat q&a for you to ask questions about Islam and a lot of good articles about Islam

azc
11-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum bro,

InshaAllah you are a believer now.

May Allah :swt1: bless you with good health. Ameen

:welcome:

MazharShafiq
11-27-2018, 02:08 PM
well come,Allah swt bless you with his great mercy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.