/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does one rak'ah of witr have to be preceded by two rak'ah formations?

Sister_43752
11-27-2018, 08:17 AM
I know that there are ahadeeth that state one rak'ah for witr is permissible, but…

Are we allowed to pray one rak'ah of witr by ITSELF after Isha? Or do we have to pray one or more two rak'ah formations before the one rak'ah of witr?

To make this question even more simpler, do we have to pray tahajjud or shaf‘ or nafl BEFORE one rak'ah of witr? Or is just a single rak'ah of witr after Isha permissible?

Do we have to pray anything before one rak'ah of witr is what I'm asking.

I know that it is more desirable and sufficient to pray three rak'ahs of witr, but I am researching one rak'ah for witr right now.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you guys can help me out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
11-27-2018, 02:19 PM
According to-`Abd Allah ibn `Umar,-Muhammad-said, "The night prayer is offered as two rakat followed by two rakat and so on and if anyone is afraid of the approaching dawn (fajr prayer) he should pray one raka'ah and this will be a witr for all the rakat which he has prayed before."[1]

In a-hadith-transmitted by-Abu Darda, he states that Muhammad enjoined to him three things: to fast three days every month, to offer the Witr salat before sleep, and to offer two rakat sunnah of fajr.[2]

azc
11-27-2018, 08:22 PM
I know that there are ahadeeth that state one rak'ah for witr is permissible, but…

Are we allowed to pray one rak'ah of witr by ITSELF after Isha? Or do we have to pray one or more two rak'ah formations before the one rak'ah of witr?

To make this question even more simpler, do we have to pray tahajjud or shaf‘ or nafl BEFORE one rak'ah of witr? Or is just a single rak'ah of witr after Isha permissible?

Do we have to pray anything before one rak'ah of witr is what I'm asking.

I know that it is more desirable and sufficient to pray three rak'ahs of witr, but I am researching one rak'ah for witr right now.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you guys can help me out.
plz see post#3

https://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/...0%2C9788842590

Sister_43752
11-29-2018, 06:44 AM
Thank you, I have read it. So you must offer two rak'ahs before one rak'ah of witr? Reading just one rak'ah of witr by ITSELF is incorrect?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.