/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Held accountable for others sins

ameerkam
11-29-2018, 11:10 PM
Salaam

I heard that a person is not to blame for another’s sins. What about if a person tries to get another person to commit a sin like being a bad role model or things like abuse that can make the abused person want to go to drugs or suicide. They would be held accountable right?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
11-30-2018, 12:42 AM
Yes they would.
İt works both ways:
İf you help build a mosque...you will gain credits as lomg as this mosque exists...even after you died....and if you are a bad role model to people deliberately...you will share in their sins....even after you died.

At least...that is how İ know...if thia ia not correct or axcurate...please correct me

azc
11-30-2018, 02:21 AM
Help you one another in righteousness and piety, but help you not one another in sin and rancour. (Surah al-Ma'idah, 2)

Mandy
11-30-2018, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Salaam

I heard that a person is not to blame for another’s sins. What about if a person tries to get another person to commit a sin like being a bad role model or things like abuse that can make the abused person want to go to drugs or suicide. They would be held accountable right?

Jazzakallahu Khair
You are accountable for your actions. Pushing someone toward drugs or suicide IS a bad action and you will be held accountable to it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
11-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Whoever invites a good thing, then he will get it from the reward of those who follow it, and if any one created a bad thing, and whatever actions they do on this bad thing, The sin will be on the first one.

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Whoever invites a good thing, then he will get it from the reward of those who follow it, and if any one created a bad thing, and whatever actions they do on this bad thing, The sin will be on the first one.
But doesn’t this contradict the Verse(or Hadith) that stated that people are completely responsible of their own sins

Ümit
04-09-2019, 07:51 PM
But doesn’t this contradict the Verse(or Hadith) that stated that people are completely responsible of their own sins
No it doesn't. Of course everyone is completely responsible of their own sins...but just like Kabil who was the first murderer of all mankind...and because of that...he will receive part of the sin for every murdering on this Earth until judgement day.

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
No it doesn't. Of course everyone is completely responsible of their own sins...but just like Kabil who was the first murderer of all mankind...and because of that...he will receive part of the sin for every murdering on this Earth until judgement day.
Is this definitely true or are there differing views on it? Also, what if you repent from the sin and you can’t stop the other person from doing the same sin?

Jazzakallahu Khair

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Can you elaborate on this please. I don’t really understand

Ümit
04-10-2019, 04:56 AM
Is this definitely true or are there differing views on it? Also, what if you repent from the sin and you can’t stop the other person from doing the same sin?

Jazzakallahu Khair
That is exactly the danger of involving others into your sin my dear Ameerkam. You think that if you repent...ALL of your sins are being forgiven just like that?
Try to use your common sense here.

Example:
You raped someone...the next day you feel truely miserable and you repent...your sins are forgiven and case is closed for you right?
Wrong
What about justice? İ thought Allah was just to everyone...how would that be fair to your victim?
You ruined her life. Her father threw her out of the house...got depressive...started drinking and gambling...she had to provide for herself and got into prostitution...brother had to drop out of school because he has to take care of her sick mother...etc...
You think you won't get any part of their sins just because you repented?
You were the cause of all this.

Of course they are also responsible for their own sins...but you wont be entirely clean from that

AbdurRahman.
04-10-2019, 07:13 AM
That is exactly the danger of involving others into your sin my dear Ameerkam. You think that if you repent...ALL of your sins are being forgiven just like that?
Try to use your common sense here.

Example:
You raped someone...the next day you feel truely miserable and you repent...your sins are forgiven and case is closed for you right?
Wrong
What about justice? İ thought Allah was just to everyone...how would that be fair to your victim?
You ruined her life. Her father threw her out of the house...got depressive...started drinking and gambling...she had to provide for herself and got into prostitution...brother had to drop out of school because he has to take care of her sick mother...etc...
You think you won't get any part of their sins just because you repented?
You were the cause of all this.

Of course they are also responsible for their own sins...but you wont be entirely clean from that
Islam gives hope of going to jannah no matter how much sin and what sort of sin one does

The way to attain forgiveness from a sin like rape will be: sincerely repent to Allah, give yourself up to the authorities for the worldy punishment, and beg for forgiveness from victim and their family and compensate them monetarily if you can and another way to compensate them is by making frequent dua for them (basically you should do whatever you can to try to please Allah and make victim forgive you)

If you do not have courage to give yourself up to the authorities then at least try to get forgiveness from victims, compensate them and pray to Allah for Him to compensate them

If you follow above advice then Allah could forgive you as Allah never closes his doors of mercy and forgiveness.

At the very least, say for example one cannot contact victim to ask them for forgiveness from fear of being tracked and caught by authorities, then as long as their repentance is sincere then Allah could compensate victims from his bounty and forgive the perpetrator

The hadith of the man who murdered 99 people, repented sincerely and died and was forgiven by Allah, comes to mind:

https://youtu.be/hiFKNwICS8U

Ümit
04-10-2019, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdurRahman.
Islam gives hope of going to jannah no matter how much sin and what sort of sin one does

The way to attain forgiveness from a sin like rape will be: sincerely repent to Allah, give yourself up to the authorities for the worldy punishment, and beg for forgiveness from victim and their family and compensate them monetarily if you can and another way to compensate them is by making frequent dua for them (basically you should do whatever you can to try to please Allah and make victim forgive you)

If you do not have courage to give yourself up to the authorities then at least try to get forgiveness from victims, compensate them and pray to Allah for Him to compensate them

If you follow above advice then Allah could forgive you as Allah never closes his doors of mercy and forgiveness.

At the very least, say for example one cannot contact victim to ask them for forgiveness from fear of being tracked and caught by authorities, then as long as their repentance is sincere then Allah could compensate victims from his bounty and forgive the perpetrator

The hadith of the man who murdered 99 people, repented sincerely and died and was forgiven by Allah, comes to mind:

https://youtu.be/hiFKNwICS8U

Yes you are right...there is always hope that Allah will forgive you if you repent...but because there are other people involved....the situation is more complicated then when the sin was just about you.

Besides...İ was just replying to Ameerkams argument that everyone is fully responsible for their own actions and that one cannot be held responsible for someone elses actions...but that is not entirely true...in such cases you CAN be held partially responsible for someone elses actions.

AbdurRahman.
04-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Yes you are right...there is always hope that Allah will forgive you if you repent...but because there are other people involved....the situation is more complicated then when the sin was just about you.

Besides...İ was just replying to Ameerkams argument that everyone is fully responsible for their own actions and that one cannot be held responsible for someone elses actions...but that is not entirely true...in such cases you CAN be held partially responsible for someone elses actions.
Yes that's right, basically any sin one influences others to do or instigates them to do it, such as in the case of rape that can have a chain effect of sin?, one will share their sins

Kabil will share the sins of all murders because he started of the trend. But if he had repented and surrendered fully to Allah then he would have been forgiven

ameerkam
04-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Yes that's right, basically any sin one influences others to do or instigates them to do it, such as in the case of rape that can have a chain effect of sin?, one will share their sins

Kabil will share the sins of all murders because he started of the trend. But if he had repented and surrendered fully to Allah then he would have been forgiven
Could you show me evidence of this please?

AbdurRahman.
04-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Could you show me evidence of this please?
Evidence of what brother, that people get sin that they influence or of kabil getting sins of all murders?

- - - Updated - - -

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No soul is wrongfully killed but that some responsibility for its blood is upon the first son of Adam, for he was the first to set the precedent of murder.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3158, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1677

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

ameerkam
04-10-2019, 07:43 PM
Evidence of what brother, that people get sin that they influence or of kabil getting sins of all murders?

- - - Updated - - -

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No soul is wrongfully killed but that some responsibility for its blood is upon the first son of Adam, for he was the first to set the precedent of murder.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3158, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1677

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim
For that people get part of the sin that they influence on others but thank you for this one.

AbdurRahman.
04-10-2019, 07:55 PM
For that people get part of the sin that they influence on others but thank you for this one.
https://myvoicecanada.com/legacy-sadaqah-sin-jariyahs/

M.I.A.
04-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Reminds me of being at my in laws house..

And I saw my brother in laws daughter and a thought came into my mind, something distasteful about her features.

And I turned it away because that Is not who I am or have ever been.

Then we all sat down at the dinner table and out of nowhere my brother in law blatantly spoke aloud about my daughter but stopped himself mid sentence.. almost called her ugly to my face.

My life has been like this since i got married.

The irony is that my brothers in law are Quran hafiz, leaders of prayer and pillars of the community.. successful men in business also.

All they ever say is that its gods will..

I cant get over the state of the people.

And my children are amazing..

How can I keep them from the sins of others?

Feel free to let me know how much of a lie my life is.

..I suppose most of you would not think twice before writing each other as dumb, ugly, poor or far worse.

I suppose this is the only paradox left in my life.

But if they are not classed as sins then who is to judge?

..I would have walked away a long time ago, and been comfortable in my own skin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.