/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guiding somebody who doesn't like me

unknownf
12-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Salam brothers and sisters,

I know of a sister who I've had a few differences with and she has moved away from home for university. Me and her used to be close but we had a few arguments, nothing too harmful. I have forgiven her and hold no bad blood but she still hates me. I've recently been made aware by some mutual friends that she has started hanging around with the wrong crowd at university and started clubbing and drinking whilst wearing very revealing clothes. I've also been told she has been committing adultery (not sure if this is true, Allah SWT knows best). I wanted to guide her to the right path as we have grew up together and I still care for her, but every time I try to make contact with her she shuts me out. I was thinking of telling her parents (mainly her mum, as she is more approachable) about her actions in a respectful way but I'm not sure if I could break this news to her mum and not sure what her mum would do to her. Also if I do tell her mother then she'd know I'd be the one that told her and she would hate me more. Can somebody please advise what I should do to bring her to the right path again?

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
12-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I wouldn't advise you to tell her mum as she might rebel even more than she already is. Try and approach her in person and speak to her face to face. Tell her you are concerned about her. Message her. Speak to her friends and try and arrange a sit down. Ask her if you can be a part of her life again as you miss her etc. I wouldn't bombard her with islamic messages as i am sure she is probably feeling guilty herself. She will most likely already know what is wrong and what is right. Just listen to her and catch up. Once you are part of her life again then slowly try and advise her. Maybe go to islanic gatherings together etc.

In the meantine make lots of dua for her.

I pray your friend is guided and pray you use the right approach to guide her Ameen.

piXie
12-03-2018, 01:09 PM
:wasalamex

Sister we can only advise someone. If they don't wish to keep in touch then there's nothing much we can do other than make dua that Allah guides them. Perhaps there will be other people who will be in a better position to advise her and she would be more receptive towards them. May Allah protect & guide us all. Aameen.

azc
12-03-2018, 03:18 PM
:wa:

Meet her mother to restore your relationship with her. Probably her mother is the best person to convince her that you still like her as your friend.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.