/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Writing a novel - allowed to use Islamic figures?

Nostradamus
12-08-2018, 05:57 PM
So I'm writing a novel there I will intergrate 2 minor figures from Judaism and Islam. They are stranded and become friends but after a while the Islamic figure asks for ending his life, so the jew are reluctantly doing so. It's an act of mercy killing.

I know that there's some tensions between Jews and Muslims and I don't want to offend anyone. So is it cool to just write it or do I have to ask for permission by the Al-Azhar University? Because I will get this novel published and I don't want a fatwa like Salman Rushdie.

Or can I withdraw their names and just hint about who they are with attributes and stuff like that? There will be a lot of symbolism so the novel wouldn't work with normal people, it has to be Jewish and Islamic figures.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-08-2018, 06:27 PM
I advise you to visit mosque/islamic centre and meet Islamic scholars and discuss this matter with them.

Nostradamus
12-08-2018, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
I advise you to visit mosque/islamic centre and meet Islamic scholars and discuss this matter with them.

Am I welcome to a mosque? What do I do if the scholar or imam gets angry on me?

azc
12-08-2018, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Am I welcome to a mosque? What do I do if the scholar or imam gets angry on me?
No, I don't think if anyone will get angry if you visit them for discussing this matter

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.