/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doing things for your wife

ameerkam
12-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Assalamualaikum

I heard something that goes along the lines of if you do something to earn the affections of a woman then you won’t be rewarded by God. What if you want to do things to make your wife proud like idk say if you’re an artist you paint things for her. Would you not be rewarded by God for that and would this fall under minor shirk?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
12-10-2018, 07:36 AM
the most favorite and the best thing of Allah that husband and wife to do is to love each other. Even if husbands smile each other, they still get a reward.

azc
12-10-2018, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Assalamualaikum

I heard something that goes along the lines of if you do something to earn the affections of a woman then you won’t be rewarded by God. What if you want to do things to make your wife proud like idk say if you’re an artist you paint things for her. Would you not be rewarded by God for that and would this fall under minor shirk?

Jazzakallahu Khair
:wa:

doing something to please one's wife for affection is wrong itself is wrong.

Allah Most High says, “And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.” [30:21]

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,

“The believers best in faith are those best in character, and the best of you are those best to their spouses.” [Tirmidhi]

Munawi explains that this includes being patient with them, constantly cheerful, and treating them with excellence.

[Munawi, Fayd al-Qadir]

ameerkam
12-10-2018, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc

Allah Most High says, “And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.” [30:21]

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,

“The believers best in faith are those best in character, and the best of you are those best to their spouses.” [Tirmidhi]

Munawi explains that this includes being patient with them, constantly cheerful, and treating them with excellence.

[Munawi, Fayd al-Qadir]
I’m sorry but the quotes you told me don’t say it’s wrong to please your wife for affection. I don’t understand, brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
12-10-2018, 12:00 PM
I’m sorry but the quotes you told me don’t say it’s wrong to please your wife for affection. I don’t understand, brother.
For what İ know it is totally not wrong.
One of our best prophets and example, İbrahim as...sent his second wife Hajar ra away just to please his first wife Sara ra didn't he?

azc
12-10-2018, 12:58 PM
@ameerkam :

You said in OP

''I heard something that goes along the lines of if you do something to earn the affections of a woman then you won’t be rewarded by God''

now you said this:

''the quotes you told me don’t say it’s wrong to please your wife for affection.''

Don't you see them self contradictory...?

What I said is that pleasing your wife for affection is rewarded by God, which you concurred in your latest post contrary to OP wherein you wrote pleasing wife for affection is not rewarded by God.

ameerkam
12-10-2018, 01:03 PM
@ameerkam :

You said in OP

''I heard something that goes along the lines of if you do something to earn the affections of a woman then you won’t be rewarded by God''

now you said this:

''the quotes you told me don’t say it’s wrong to please your wife for affection.''

Don't you see them self contradictory...?

What I said is that pleasing your wife for affection is rewarded by God, which you concurred in your latest post contrary to OP wherein you wrote pleasing wife for affection is not rewarded by God.
Oh I’m sorry brother, I just misunderstood you

emem.masorong
12-11-2018, 01:38 AM
I love my soon to be wife, if Allah wills me to have one.

Mandy
12-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Forgive me brother, but I believe there is typo in what you wrote here that cause the confusion with brother ameerkam

azc
12-11-2018, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mandy
Forgive me brother, but I believe there is typo in what you wrote here that cause the confusion with brother ameerkam
O.k. I try to explain:

According to him someone is of this opinion that if husband does something to please his wife for affection, isn't rewarded by God. (Moreover, it's minor shirk)

And when doing this act isn't rewarded it means ''doing something to please one's wife for affection should be wrong'',

but I disagree so I say that it (itself) is wrong to assume that this act (doing something to please one's wife) is wrong or minor shirk, rather showing your affection and doing something good to please her is praiseworthy let alone it being wrong or minor shirk.

M.I.A.
12-11-2018, 01:52 PM
..I don't know,

Every time I go to do something for my wife, it feels like I'm accompanied by the wrong people.

People blocking the path, acting ignorant or worse.

I get really annoyed at her because she says that's the way people drive nowadays or that's normal..

Nope.

When I'm away, nobody's doing anything stupid.. I don't see road rage or get road rage.

Maybe I'm getting it the wrong way around, and I should give it to them how I would want it myself..

I suppose that's how they want it.

But iv never played games.

But it's opened my eyes a little, I very rarely see race or religion when I look at people.

Just how directly infront of me they are.

..I'm kidding, I have great peripheral vision.

But rather than say I see everything, I know that I see nothing.

All praise is due to Allah swt.

Supernova
12-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Assalamualaikum

Jazzakallahu Khair
Asalaamualaykum

I have no idea where you hear all this ABSOLUTE DONKEY DROPPING NON-SENSE FROM !!!!

You seriously need to change your company or get a brain (whichever is easier)

xboxisdead
12-12-2018, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum

I have no idea where you hear all this ABSOLUTE DONKEY DROPPING NON-SENSE FROM !!!!

You seriously need to change your company or get a brain (whichever is easier)
I have a guy at work, he says to me his Muslim and he said he believed people's nuances or wanted to get my opinion on the matter that human beings lived originally in mars and we destroyed mars so we moved to Earth! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.