/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is success in this life?

AabiruSabeel
12-10-2018, 09:43 PM
:bism:

:salam:

Worldly success is normally considered as health, wealth and peace. But from Islamic point of view, success is actually fulfilling the commands of Allah in whatever state we are in.

Allah :swt: has provided the means of success to everyone, without any prejudice. If a person considers health, wealth and peace as success in this world, then these things are not equal among everyone. Allah :swt: is not unjust. If there was success in these things, then He :swt: would have provided these in equal quantities and qualities to everyone.

Our success in this life lies in fulfilling the commands of Allah in accordance with the Sunnah of Rasulullah :saws: in whatever state we are in. No matter whether we are healthy or sick, wealthy or poor, in peace or in war, in every condition we just have to look at what Allah :swt: wants us to do in this state. Look at what the Prophet :saws: and his companions have done in this state. If we fulfill the command, then we are successful.

It is not important for success to change the existing condition. A poor person does not have to become wealthy in order to be successful. A sick person does not have to become healthy in order to be successful. He can stay in the same condition as long as Allah :swt: wills and keep fulfilling the commands of Allah for that particular state. If Allah :swt: wants to change his present condition, He will change it. It is entirely up to Him, and a person cannot do anything about it. A person can simply perform Du'a and make use of different means available to him, and leave the result to Allah. Whether Allah wants to cure him or not, it is entirely up to Him.

Therefore, being content with the decree of Allah while fulfilling His commands is the actual success in this life.

Paraphrased from speeches by different scholars

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
emem.masorong
12-11-2018, 01:35 AM
Success.

AabiruSabeel
12-12-2018, 08:11 PM

Please keep uncle @Woodrow in your prayers. He is suffering from cancer and is on palliative care at a nursing home.

May Allah :swt: keep him comfortable and increase him in Imaan.

keiv
12-12-2018, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Please keep uncle @Woodrow in your prayers. He is suffering from cancer and is on palliative care at a nursing home.

May Allah :swt: keep him comfortable and increase him in Imaan.
:( Even when dealing with the trolls on this site and the other site he's on, he always showed an incredible amount of patience with his replies and his posts were always full of knowledge. May Allah make it easy for him and his family.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
12-15-2018, 09:22 PM
:bism:

:salam:

Worldly success is normally considered as health, wealth and peace. But from Islamic point of view, success is actually fulfilling the commands of Allah in whatever state we are in.

Allah :swt: has provided the means of success to everyone, without any prejudice. If a person considers health, wealth and peace as success in this world, then these things are not equal among everyone. Allah :swt: is not unjust. If there was success in these things, then He :swt: would have provided these in equal quantities and qualities to everyone.

Our success in this life lies in fulfilling the commands of Allah in accordance with the Sunnah of Rasulullah :saws: in whatever state we are in. No matter whether we are healthy or sick, wealthy or poor, in peace or in war, in every condition we just have to look at what Allah :swt: wants us to do in this state. Look at what the Prophet :saws: and his companions have done in this state. If we fulfill the command, then we are successful.

It is not important for success to change the existing condition. A poor person does not have to become wealthy in order to be successful. A sick person does not have to become healthy in order to be successful. He can stay in the same condition as long as Allah :swt: wills and keep fulfilling the commands of Allah for that particular state. If Allah :swt: wants to change his present condition, He will change it. It is entirely up to Him, and a person cannot do anything about it. A person can simply perform Du'a and make use of different means available to him, and leave the result to Allah. Whether Allah wants to cure him or not, it is entirely up to Him.

Therefore, being content with the decree of Allah while fulfilling His commands is the actual success in this life.

Paraphrased from speeches by different scholars

the quran loosely paraphrased.. in its shortest definition..

describes itself as a guidance and a cure.

No matter whether we are healthy or sick, wealthy or poor, in peace or in war, in every condition we just have to look at what Allah wants us to do in this state.
there is no compulsion in religion.

improving the situation of others is not always possible, we are creatures of habit.

im not going to say that "its gods will" is not an acceptable answer.. because that line does not do anybodies understanding any good.

but here take a clearly out of context line..

And when it is said to them, "Spend from that which Allah has provided for you," those who disbelieve say to those who believe, "Should we feed one whom, if Allah had willed, He would have fed? You are not but in clear error."

to me success is peace and glad tidings.. it is the security provided by allah swt.

its not an attack on what you wrote, just the way i see things at the moment.

...i worry whats written on the food, never mind anything else.

to find peace would be success.

and at present it is the fear of allah swt that is the driving factor in creating character and making choices.

azc
12-16-2018, 07:57 AM
@M.I.A :

the quran loosely paraphrased.. in its shortest definition..
describes itself as a guidance and a cure.
but especially for muttaqeen ''zalikal kitabu la raibafeeh hudallil muttaqeen''

there is no compulsion in religion.
not for others; but it's compulsion for me and you.

improving the situation of others is not always possible, we are creatures of habit.
first, we have to improve our situation instead of others ''ya ayyuhallzina aamanoo qoo anfusakum''

to me success is peace and glad tidings.. it is the security provided by allah swt.
yes, but for akhirah.

A momin can never be in peace in this life because prison isn't a place of peace.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم‏ الدُّنْيَا سِجْنُ الْمُؤْمِنِ وَجَنَّةُ الْكَافِرِ
2956 صحيح مسلم كتاب الزهد والرقائق

“The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever.”

Prophet Muhammad ‏:saws:

Sahih Muslim 2956

M.I.A.
12-17-2018, 01:36 PM
"A momin can never be in peace in this life because prison isn't a place of peace."

Hadith Explanation-: The world is a prison for the-believer

A believer is ever mindful of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). Therefore, he/she is not free to do what they please. That is why this world feels like a prison to them.

On the other hand, a person who is not mindful of Allah, does whatever they feel like, or whatever they think they can get away with. There are indeed many things that can be enjoyed in this world. A person who is not looking forward to meeting their Lord, would spend their every moment trying to maximize their enjoyment here, short-lived though it is. Thus, the non-believer can find this world to be a Paradise.

But the believer knows that no happiness here is everlasting and that they are always in danger of falling into the hands of Satan. They, therefore, long to get out of the exam that this world is and into the safety of the grave.

An-Nawawi said, “The believer is imprisoned and prohibited in the world from forbidden desires and disapproved acts, being responsible to do laborious acts of obedience.”

Source: Sharḥ al-Nawawī ‘alá Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2956

قال النووي أَنَّ كُلَّ مُؤْمِنٍ مَسْجُونٌ مَمْنُوعٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا مِنَ الشَّهَوَاتِ الْمُحَرَّمَةِ وَالْمَكْرُوهَةِ مُكَلَّفٌ بِفِعْلِ الطَّاعَاتِ الشَّاقَّةِ

2956 شرح النووي على مسلم

..I don't think you understand what peace is.

And if you can't give it to yourself then all you will keep writing is hell for yourself and paradise for unbelievers.

I know it's not going to change what you feel but each to his own.

I suppose fighting is in our nature.

But I stand by my words really, peace can be achieved..

You just have to minimise your own errors.

...prison converts.

azc
12-17-2018, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
"A momin can never be in peace in this life because prison isn't a place of peace."

Hadith Explanation-: The world is a prison for the-believer

A believer is ever mindful of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). Therefore, he/she is not free to do what they please. That is why this world feels like a prison to them.

On the other hand, a person who is not mindful of Allah, does whatever they feel like, or whatever they think they can get away with. There are indeed many things that can be enjoyed in this world. A person who is not looking forward to meeting their Lord, would spend their every moment trying to maximize their enjoyment here, short-lived though it is. Thus, the non-believer can find this world to be a Paradise.

But the believer knows that no happiness here is everlasting and that they are always in danger of falling into the hands of Satan. They, therefore, long to get out of the exam that this world is and into the safety of the grave.

An-Nawawi said, “The believer is imprisoned and prohibited in the world from forbidden desires and disapproved acts, being responsible to do laborious acts of obedience.”

Source: Sharḥ al-Nawawī ‘alá Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2956

قال النووي أَنَّ كُلَّ مُؤْمِنٍ مَسْجُونٌ مَمْنُوعٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا مِنَ الشَّهَوَاتِ الْمُحَرَّمَةِ وَالْمَكْرُوهَةِ مُكَلَّفٌ بِفِعْلِ الطَّاعَاتِ الشَّاقَّةِ

2956 شرح النووي على مسلم

..I don't think you understand what peace is.

And if you can't give it to yourself then all you will keep writing is hell for yourself and paradise for unbelievers.

I know it's not going to change what you feel but each to his own.

I suppose fighting is in our nature.

But I stand by my words really, peace can be achieved..

You just have to minimise your own errors.

...prison converts.
O.K. Then, in your opinion what peace is.

M.I.A.
12-17-2018, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
O.K. Then, in your opinion what peace is.

Imagine a person who can point a finger at you and tell you what's going to happen today, tomorrow, the day after..

But he has nothing good to say.

Peace.. is the absence of that person.. but not physically.

You don't know what's going to happen today, tomorrow or the day after.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

....Give them nothing to aim at..and they disappear.

azc
12-18-2018, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Imagine a person who can point a finger at you and tell you what's going to happen today, tomorrow, the day after..

But he has nothing good to say.

Peace.. is the absence of that person.. but not physically.

You don't know what's going to happen today, tomorrow or the day after.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

....Give them nothing to aim at..and they disappear.
Yes, we don't know what's going to happen with us tomorrow,
this is why we have to worry for hereafter.

On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar :ra:, who said:
The Messenger of Allah :saws: took me by the shoulder and said, “Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.”
And Ibn Umar :ra: used to say, “In the evening do not expect [to live until] the morning, and in the morning do not expect [to live until] the evening. Take [advantage of] your health before times of sickness, and [take advantage of] your life before your death.”
[Bukhari]

M.I.A.
12-18-2018, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Yes, we don't know what's going to happen with us tomorrow,
this is why we have to worry for hereafter.

On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar :ra:, who said:
The Messenger of Allah :saws: took me by the shoulder and said, “Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.”
And Ibn Umar :ra: used to say, “In the evening do not expect [to live until] the morning, and in the morning do not expect [to live until] the evening. Take [advantage of] your health before times of sickness, and [take advantage of] your life before your death.”
[Bukhari]
There are people that devour wealth and property.. it's not a stretch if the imagination to think they would not devour health and lives also.

Winners I suppose.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.