/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice and Sunnah for Hair Care

al-Andalusi
12-12-2018, 07:00 PM
:sl:

I am curious if anyone has any tips from personal experience, as well as any hadiths that tell the sunnah of how the Prophet :saws1: cared for his hair.

For context, I have longish hair, reaching to just about my shoulders. It's rather thick and wiry, very naturally wavy, and very difficult to manage. It becomes rather messy and puffy after it is washed. I oil it regularly, using mostly tea tree oil, but I'm looking for advice on how to better take care of it if anyone else has experience with a hair type like mine.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by al-Andalusi
For context, I have longish hair, reaching to just about my shoulders. It's rather thick and wiry, very naturally wavy, and very difficult to manage. It becomes rather messy and puffy after it is washed. I oil it regularly, using mostly tea tree oil, but I'm looking for advice on how to better take care of it if anyone else has experience with a hair type like mine.
Why not just cut/shave it? It would be more manageable.

Otherwise, you can try different products that eliminate frizz and condition your hair before washing with coconut oil for half an hour. Drying your hair with a hair dryer also helps straighten it out a bit while also eliminating some frizz.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.