/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is serious concerning pictures of living things on PC

emem.masorong
12-15-2018, 12:05 AM
Are we sure that a single photo of a human being, even if it is good, that it is permissible? Islam Q&A says it is permissible if it is on the PC. Is it really? Are we sure?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Peacefully
12-15-2018, 02:12 AM
Islamqa says it's ok because the image is digital. But so is most music these days, but islamqa says it's not ok. So we can't be too sure, use your best judgement with good intentions. Allah knows best.

azc
12-15-2018, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Are we sure that a single photo of a human being, even if it is good, that it is permissible? Islam Q&A says it is permissible if it is on the PC. Is it really? Are we sure?
Nevertheless, we should avoid to use images on PC.
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/darulifta...0%2C5712259893

What is the ruling on Digital Pictures? - IslamQA
Digital Pictures In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful. Answer Contemporary scholars have differed on the issue of camera photos...

emem.masorong
12-15-2018, 03:24 AM
Do you have Facebook? How do you deal with that? I was thinking, when I was into 'not having pictures even on Facebook', that I scroll down or up fast to avoid pictures of living beings. It is said that when it is necessary, you can have them like those on identity documents. When I have a picture in the house, I try to hide it. There are Baby Wipes that I use, and after I use them I hide it because it has a picture of a baby. I thought, as of the moment, that my picture on Facebook is a necessity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
12-15-2018, 03:38 AM
Do you have Facebook? How do you deal with that? I was thinking, when I was into 'not having pictures even on Facebook', that I scroll down or up fast to avoid pictures of living beings. It is said that when it is necessary, you can have them like those on identity documents. When I have a picture in the house, I try to hide it. There are Baby Wipes that I use, and after I use them I hide it because it has a picture of a baby. I thought, as of the moment, that my picture on Facebook is a necessity.
What other people do on fb is their personal matter, but we should avoid to post animated images.Photo in My fb profile is - 'image of green dome'

emem.masorong
12-16-2018, 02:41 AM
I know Allah is the most trustworthy of all, but this guy named Mufti Ismail Menk, who seems to know a lot about Islam, has his own picture in his page. I also watched concerning pictures on a video of his, and it seems like it's alright, as far as I know. Let us just be good. Hey people. Do not kill yourselves. Do you know I have these paranormal beings saying what's inside my mind? It's been a struggle and for some years. Imagine this on you. What would you do? Sleep is minor death. Every time we sleep, if we sleep every night, we die a minor death, so don't long for dying and killing yourself so you just remove all the hardship. The mercy of the Lord embraces all. Alhamdulillah or praise be to God. I panicked maybe two days ago, just like the other days, but now, I am wiser and better in taking care of this. I now consider them a blessing. I have an affirmation note saying that and thanking Allah, may he be glorified and exalted.

azc
12-16-2018, 03:32 AM
Scholars are never 'a role model' for me.

I always try to keep on clinging to basics.

Peacefully
12-16-2018, 03:57 PM
I know Allah is the most trustworthy of all, but this guy named Mufti Ismail Menk, who seems to know a lot about Islam, has his own picture in his page. I also watched concerning pictures on a video of his, and it seems like it's alright, as far as I know. Let us just be good. Hey people. Do not kill yourselves. Do you know I have these paranormal beings saying what's inside my mind? It's been a struggle and for some years. Imagine this on you. What would you do? Sleep is minor death. Every time we sleep, if we sleep every night, we die a minor death, so don't long for dying and killing yourself so you just remove all the hardship. The mercy of the Lord embraces all. Alhamdulillah or praise be to God. I panicked maybe two days ago, just like the other days, but now, I am wiser and better in taking care of this. I now consider them a blessing. I have an affirmation note saying that and thanking Allah, may he be glorified and exalted.
That's your inner-monologue, not paranormal beings. We all have an inner-monologue.

emem.masorong
12-17-2018, 03:15 AM
I am now avoiding living being images on the PC. I thought, even not on Facebook, like for example, your teacher asks you to make a project, and you need images, and you forgot the law, and so you search for images, and then pictures of people come up. Or when you go to amazon to buy something to please Allah. I think we can have good intentions, and for me, I avoid pictures on Facebook. Maybe the angels go away from me when I go on Facebook. Let us have dhikr of Allah, may he be glorified and exalted, when we are on Facebook, so when an image appears, we could be patient while remembering Allah, and he is with the patient.

azc
12-17-2018, 06:57 AM
I am now avoiding living being images on the PC. I thought, even not on Facebook, like for example, your teacher asks you to make a project, and you need images, and you forgot the law, and so you search for images, and then pictures of people come up. Or when you go to amazon to buy something to please Allah. I think we can have good intentions, and for me, I avoid pictures on Facebook. Maybe the angels go away from me when I go on Facebook. Let us have dhikr of Allah, may he be glorified and exalted, when we are on Facebook, so when an image appears, we could be patient while remembering Allah, and he is with the patient.
outcome of our actions, on the whole, depends on the intention.

If a teacher asks students who don't like to use images, to use images for a project is a different matter as it's done unwillingly under duress.

emem.masorong
01-13-2019, 03:43 AM
Aren't we one of the image-makers, like for example, if we react with a wow, and thus, making an image of something that seems to be living? Image makers will be punished as I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Peacefully
That's your inner-monologue, not paranormal beings. We all have an inner-monologue.
I am sure. Maybe if you're close to me, you would hear it. I'm not lying. If you can make dua for me, I am thankful for that. I just made dua for us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.