/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do I do about frequent paranoid thoughts?

peacefulone
12-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
I have an embarassing affliction that I do have treatment for but it doesn't work very well all the time. I have had this problem all my life. Since I was a child I have fought with people over this thing. It is something that just happens in my mind and I can't stop it. I get paranoid over things out of the blue, mostly with people I care about or love, like my friends and family. I have tried medications...the only thing that calms my mind is prayer but I can't pray constantly or I would get nothing done.
I have been in the hospital but doctors always have hard times finding a diagnosis because I am very highly functional. I can work and I can complete courses at university.
But a vicious cycle starts than paranoia creeps in. I will be working and getting along then I will be taking on responsabilities and get tired. But I can't avoid work. I have to work because even what money they give you on disability pensions is not enough to cover a life of normal expenses. So I will work and save a lot of money but the work slowly makes me tired and stressed then I get irritable and paranoid that people are against me. then I quit because I let everyone think I'm crazy and nobody wants to be around me that it causes depression. Then I am off work until I run out of money again and have to find again another job. This cycle has continued for decades. I am fearful that these relapses into depression and paranoia will ruin my brain.
Im really a hard working person. I do not believe in doing nothing in life. I am in university to study computers but it will be 4 years from now until I'm qualified to work in this field.
I really want to find a solution that works from Quran and sunnah. As I believe Allah swt sends a cure for every illness.
Let me know your best solutions...
Jazak Allah Khayrain
Lisa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Walaikum Assalaam,

Can you clarify what exactly you get paranoid about or is it anxiety?

M.I.A.
12-17-2018, 11:51 PM
Your mind and thoughts are an important part of you..

O_O maybe an understatement.

The easiest way to achieve clarity of thought and thought without corruption...depravity of thought... is to be mindful of the things that you do in public and private.

Admit these to yourself and then you can start rectifying them.

Science may call these things trigger factors..

But they are like stones thrown into a pond.

You should be able to recognise these thoughts as not of your own and then you can learn to literally switch your train of thought.

And once you find the door they use to inhabit your mind.. you can just close it.

It's about as cryptic as it gets but really, having a clear conscience is part of improving your own value..and what becomes of your efforts.

..people are not against you.

You are against you.

I hope you find peace, but you have to work towards it.

Remember Allah swt often really, and then it just becomes habit. Inshallah.

I know that this may not be helpful but I can only tell you what iv been through and did..
Sometimes I even knew what was making me worse and kept doing it.

But then it went the other way around, part of me would say maybe I would do it again sooner or later..

But when it got to that time I just wouldn't.

I feel a lot better now.

And I don't mind what people have to say. Or worry that the mistakes iv made in the past will creep into my work or family life.

emem.masorong
12-18-2018, 02:04 AM
I think in due time, you'll get better and pass the test.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
12-18-2018, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lgrant
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
I have an embarassing affliction that I do have treatment for but it doesn't work very well all the time. I have had this problem all my life. Since I was a child I have fought with people over this thing. It is something that just happens in my mind and I can't stop it. I get paranoid over things out of the blue, mostly with people I care about or love, like my friends and family. I have tried medications...the only thing that calms my mind is prayer but I can't pray constantly or I would get nothing done.
I have been in the hospital but doctors always have hard times finding a diagnosis because I am very highly functional. I can work and I can complete courses at university.
But a vicious cycle starts than paranoia creeps in. I will be working and getting along then I will be taking on responsabilities and get tired. But I can't avoid work. I have to work because even what money they give you on disability pensions is not enough to cover a life of normal expenses. So I will work and save a lot of money but the work slowly makes me tired and stressed then I get irritable and paranoid that people are against me. then I quit because I let everyone think I'm crazy and nobody wants to be around me that it causes depression. Then I am off work until I run out of money again and have to find again another job. This cycle has continued for decades. I am fearful that these relapses into depression and paranoia will ruin my brain.
Im really a hard working person. I do not believe in doing nothing in life. I am in university to study computers but it will be 4 years from now until I'm qualified to work in this field.
I really want to find a solution that works from Quran and sunnah. As I believe Allah swt sends a cure for every illness.
Let me know your best solutions...
Jazak Allah Khayrain
Lisa
:wa:

https://www.islamicfinder.org/iqra/p...0%2C5030452338

peacefulone
12-25-2018, 03:17 AM
Those were very good posts with good advice. It helps a lot . Thank you!
Yes its a weakness that needs to be unlearned and trained not to do.
I will improve with time and the support of a very good person in my life. Lots of people with my illness do not even have one person supporting them.
I do so alhamdulillah. I can trust that person to help me and trust Allah to put the right tools in my life.
Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.