/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim schoolteacher in Texas fired for refusing to sign Pro-Israel oath

Silas
12-17-2018, 04:31 PM
These contracts are mandatory in many states now. Some of them come with additional language involving not criticizing Israeli foreign policy in the classroom

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/17/...-anti-bds-law/

Filters SVG
A major attack on the First Amendment: no credible advocate of free expression can remain silent about this "free speech exception for Israel."...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
12-18-2018, 01:44 AM
Reminds me of Cynthia McKinney's story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJg1Pf8UcE

Cynthia McKinney on 911 Zionist Controlled Media Congress & Syria - Truth! - YouTube
If you have not already, meet Cynthia McKinney: Cynthia McKinney, peace activist and former U.S. Congresswoman, presents to the "9/11 Revisted: Seeking the T......

anatolian
12-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Why on earth would a teacher in Texas require to take a pro-israeli oath? Trump is so dangerous.

Silas
12-18-2018, 02:41 PM
According to that article, a majority of states require these loyalty oaths from public servants and teachers, including states run by Democrats

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
12-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Silas;

I could understand if they asked Americans to buy American products as a way of protecting American jobs. I could understand if they said to people like Apple, produce all your goods in America.

I went to Israel in 2009, I saw the bulldozed homes, I have to say that I would not sign that declaration either. That sounds like the most stupid and unjust law going.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.
Eric

Silas
12-18-2018, 05:54 PM
It is important to remember that Americans have absolutely no idea what is going on in Israel. The media does not report on it, or even mention it.

Even talking about what is going on can get you in trouble. You could lose your job.

Mandy
12-18-2018, 08:29 PM
This is so completely random. Are there now many other countries that should have such protection? What about the people of Italy or Paraguay or Vietnam. Is there a reason why those people do not deserve protection but Israel does?? I simply don't understand how something like this could be a part of law.

Abz2000
12-19-2018, 04:12 AM
This is excellent - this should p*ss off those teachers and non-teachers who are liberals, civil liberties advocates, human rights advocates, supporters of Islam even if lukewarm, and people with the ability to see -in your face- criminality ... etc and appears sufficient to create a decent backlash if played well and should also help towards awakening people to the falseness of the war on terror.

Maybe a few genuine surveys and petitions asking whether people believed that they should be forced to support the murderous, usurious, parasitical, lying, thieving, hateful, criminal, illegal, gold-calf worshippers .... this is a self-shot in the foot for those people with lying, perfidious forelocks lol.

سيف الله
12-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Salaam

Comment from the hard right of the US political spectrum.

Is Israel the real enemy of America?

Because I don't see Russia or China or Iran actively attempting to interfere with and eliminate the Constitutional rights of U.S. citizens. And anti-BDS laws are intrinsically anti-American.

Regardless of what you may think of Israel, or any other country, a U.S. citizen absolutely has the right to personally boycott any business he wants for any reason at all. And a freaking SCHOOL DISTRICT has no right to act in this inquisitorial, conscience-violating manner on behalf of a foreign nation. This direct legal assault on the core Constitutional rights of Americans is an absolutely insane overreaction on the part of the Israel First fifth column in the United States to the growing anti-Israel BDS movement.

If I was Benjamin Netanyahu or any other Israeli leader with influence over AIPAC, the various Jewish organizations, or the media neocons, I would tell them to retreat immediately from this ludicrously self-destructive and obviously unconstitutional policy of attempting to ban the anti-BDS movement, or face being entirely disavowed by Israel. This attack on American rights will not only justify anti-semitism more than any quantity of blood libels or historical complaints about usurious money lenders ever have, it will render it almost mandatory for every single genuine American and U.S. citizen who respects the U.S. Constitution.

Now, I support Israel. I do not support the BDS movement. But I am 100 percent opposed to this insane, egregious, offensively stupid assault on the unalienable rights of Americans. And if these anti-American laws are not overturned for their blatant unconstitutionality, as I expect they will be, then every single US supporter of Israel will have to seriously consider endorsing the BDS movement on principle.

This anti-BDS legal campaign goes far beyond the concept of an own goal. In sports terms, this is Jim Marshall running with the ball towards his own end zone.

http://voxday.blogspot.com

Futuwwa
12-19-2018, 08:18 AM
If getting this kind of laws enacted is what the Hasbara machine thinks will defeat BDS, Israel is doomed. The only chance this would be upheld by the Federal Supreme Court is if the right-wing judges would go all out on judicial activism, and even if they did, the attention that would draw to it would make it a PR disaster for the Hasbara machine.

Mandy
12-19-2018, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
If getting this kind of laws enacted is what the Hasbara machine thinks will defeat BDS, Israel is doomed. The only chance this would be upheld by the Federal Supreme Court is if the right-wing judges would go all out on judicial activism, and even if they did, the attention that would draw to it would make it a PR disaster for the Hasbara machine.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is hasbara?

Futuwwa
12-19-2018, 10:17 AM
A Modern Hebrew word for "explaining" with certain connotations of being lawyeristically disingenuous. With time though, it has become the go-to term for Israeli advocacy efforts.

سيف الله
12-20-2018, 07:19 AM
Salaam

Another update.

Blurb

Award-winning author and host of “On Contact” Chris Hedges joins Rick Sanchez to discuss the anti-BDS legislation sweeping the US, an effort to protect Israel’s public image by muzzling the Boycott, Divestment & Sanction (BDS) movement, which seeks to put economic pressure on Israel and bring attention to the plight of the Palestinians. Hedges says “Israel can no longer control its narrative or hide the brutality of their apartheid system.”

fschmidt
12-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Muslims are so incompetent at propaganda that I honestly think that the best thing that the Muslim world could do in this case is to keep quiet and let the far-right run with this issue as voxday has. The far-right narrative will appeal to Americans, the Muslim narrative won't.

Abz2000
12-21-2018, 07:27 AM
Maybe something nasty is in the offing hence the desperate attempt to blackmail school-teachers in advance of anticipated increased attention and questions from students....

Maybe a "Breaking The Silence" type of organisation run by teachers will come out and overcome the false - A.D.L usurer and settler engineered "Birthright" type gang which has developed in greedy-zionist-occupied texas and has over-run the school board consultation system and most likely got the corrupt southern-settler puppet cowboy politicians in its pocket.

Check this out and see how this can be flipped nicely and may even be used to set off a vietnam war era style sit-in movement.

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/abz...prhg.jpg.html?

Attachment 6575

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/abz...l?sort=3&o=264

Attachment 6574

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/abz...yibd.jpg.html?

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/abz...neim.jpg.html?

Attachment 6573

After Summer Walkouts, New Birthright Contract Bans 'Efforts to Hijack Discussion'.

Birthright revises contract with participants in bid to avert future anti-occupation protests, saying it rejects any attempt to manipulate trip's 'open climate'

Left-wing participants stage Birthright walkout to attend West Bank tour
Five women affiliated with IfNotNow leave trip early on final day to visit flashpoint city of Hebron, after lamenting program's refusal to grapple with 'realities of occupation' .

By JACOB MAGID
28 June 2018, 8:09 pm 40

shares
Claiming the program was “hiding the realities of the occupation,” a group of five Birthright participants staged a walkout on the final day of their trip on Thursday in order to attend a tour of the West Bank city of Hebron run by the left-wing Breaking the Silence organization.

The group live-streamed their protest, which began with one of them taking the microphone at the front of the bus to announce their decision before the rest of the participants headed to a program in Tel Aviv.

“Like a lot of you, I came on this trip to be in a community with fellow Jewish youth and to learn. I really valued a lot of the experiences I’ve had,” said 25-year-old Bethany Zaiman.

As she continued to speak, the tour guide tried to cut her off, saying it was time to get off the bus and head to the program.

Bethany Zaiman announces her decision to leave a Birthright trip early along with four of her peers to attend a Breaking the Silence tour of Hebron on June 28, 2018. (Screen capture/Facebook)
However, she refused to let go of the microphone, saying that she and her friends had been asking questions throughout the trip in an effort to engage with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

“We have not been able to do that and as a result, the five of us will be leaving as we get off the bus and will be going on a trip with Breaking the Silence to learn about the occupation from the perspectives of Palestinians and IDF soldiers,” she said.

Breaking the Silence publishes testimony of former Israeli soldiers who report on alleged abuses by the IDF in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. The organization has raised the ire of many Israeli officials and drawn criticism from those who challenge the authenticity of its mostly anonymous claims and lament its advocacy work in the international community.

The left-wing NGO offers regular tours of the flashpoint city of Hebron, where several hundred nationalist Israeli settlers live in fortified compounds heavily guarded by the IDF in the midst of 200,000 Palestinian inhabitants whose movements are heavily restricted.

Breaking the Silence Spokesman Dean Issacharoff greets five IfNotNow activists after they they staged a walk-out from their Birthright trip to attend a tour of Hebron on June 28, 2018. (Screen capture/Facebook)
As Zaiman got off the bus, the tour guide, Golan, chastised her for “pulling a fast one” on him and for “trying to enforce [their] opinions on the rest of the participants.”

“You did not come to learn about Israel, you came to learn about Palestine,” Golan shouted at the group of women, who he said had came on the trip in in order “to bash Israel on purpose, and in public in front of all your friends.”

As they began gathering their belongings, the five were approached by several fellow participants who chided them for showing a lack of appreciation for the free trip that they had been given.

“You say [Birthright is] about community, but you’re disrupting everyone’s experience,” one fellow participant told the women.

Another particularly angry participant told the women that they would be “killed” and “raped” on their West Bank trip.

The protesters wheeled their suitcases several blocks down the street, where they were greeted by a handful of Breaking the Silence staffers. Among them was spokesman Dean Issacharoff, who thanked them “for deciding to not cooperate with the silence that is protecting the violent and immoral military regime that we’re enforcing on millions of Palestinians.”

Issacharoff referred to the incident as “the first political walkout from a Birthright trip.”

Speaking to The Times of Israel from their tour in Hebron, one of the participants, Danielle Raskin, said that she and her four peers came to a realization halfway through the trip that “we weren’t really going to get the full picture [of the conflict] from Birthright,” leading to their decision to reach out to Breaking the Silence.

Raskin said that the five of them are activists in IfNotNow, an anti-Occupation organization made up of young progressive Jews in the US.

IfNotNow has been conducting a series of events in recent months targeting Birthright participants as they departed the US.

Asked why they didn’t want to wait until the trip had finished later Thursday to visit Hebron, Raskin said she and her peers had to get back to work on Monday and didn’t have time to stay in Israel longer.

“I also don’t think we should have to go out of our way to get this educational experience. It should be part of the ten day trip,” she added.

IfNotNow activists marching to demand that then-President-elect Donald Trump fire Stephen Bannon, Philadelphia, November 22, 2016. (Courtesy of IfNotNow/via JTA)
The 22-year-old argued that the trip’s goal “to get participants to fall in love with Israel seemed disingenuous,” given that she felt that they weren’t getting “the full picture.”

Birthright, which has brought more than 650,000 young Jewish adults aged 18-26 on 10-day trips to Israel since 1999, tries to get diaspora Jews to identify with Israel. On the trips, they tour the country’s highlights and meet young Israelis, including soldiers, who ride with them on their tour buses.

As for particular issues the IfNotNow activists had with how the trip’s organizers presented the conflict, Raskin lamented being given maps at the start of the trip that did not include the Green Line differentiating the West Bank from sovereign Israel.

She also recalled being told that “security reasons” prevented them from meeting with Palestinians in the West Bank, “but then we were taken to the part of the Dead Sea that is in the West Bank.”

In a statement that they drafted from Hebron the five women said that American Jews should know “that Birthright is not providing the education our generation deserves. It is morally irresponsible to participate in an institution that is not willing to grapple with reality on the other side of the wall.”

Breaking the Silence said that Thursday’s walkout showed how the organization was “building new bridges on the basis of equality and democracy, while the right-wing government is destroying Israel’s connection to Diaspora Jewry.”

For its part, Birthright condemned the actions of the five women.

“Since we respect the ability of our participants to formulate their own views, we reject the promotion of any agendas, attempts at manipulation or provocations from either political side,” the organization said in a statement.

سيف الله
12-29-2018, 12:27 AM
Salaam

Jewish Power-The power to silence criticism of Jewish Power

Gilad Atzmon

Blurb

Everything you need to know about Zionism, Controlled Opposition, The Post Political and Athens vs. Jerusalem so you are ready for 2019.

Marc Lamont Hill sacked from his job at CNN for criticisng Israel.

anatolian
12-30-2018, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt
Muslims are so incompetent at propaganda that I honestly think that the best thing that the Muslim world could do in this case is to keep quiet and let the far-right run with this issue as voxday has. The far-right narrative will appeal to Americans, the Muslim narrative won't.
What would the American (or Western) far right narrative benefit the Palestinian case? What they can offer is not more than anti-Semitism and I think anti-Semitism has no benefit for the Palestinians.

fschmidt
12-31-2018, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
What would the American (or Western) far right narrative benefit the Palestinian case? What they can offer is not more than anti-Semitism and I think anti-Semitism has no benefit for the Palestinians.
Much of the far-right is not racist, but they are certainly anti-Zionist. Just as Zionism is not in the Palestinian national interest, Zionism isn't in the American national interest either, and the far-right are nationalists. So Palestinians and American/European nationalists have a common enemy in Zionism. Here is an example:

He is replacing "Israel" with "Saudi Arabia" to be sarcastic, but also to avoid YouTube censorship.

سيف الله
12-31-2018, 10:37 PM
Salaam

The irony is now is that many arab regimes are moving towards a 'pro zionist' stance.

سيف الله
01-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt
Much of the far-right is not racist, but they are certainly anti-Zionist. Just as Zionism is not in the Palestinian national interest, Zionism isn't in the American national interest either, and the far-right are nationalists. So Palestinians and American/European nationalists have a common enemy in Zionism.
Hmmm not sure about this, but yes they do have a dislike of zionism and (Jewish) leftism. The reasons why make you think.

Off topic - This is a video from a White nationalist perspective. You can agree or disagree with the argument hes making but it tries to stay factual.

A view on their internal politics.

Nitro Zeus
01-06-2019, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

Hmmm not sure about this, but yes they do have a dislike of zionism and (Jewish) leftism. The reasons why make you think.

Off topic - This is a video from a White nationalist perspective. You can agree or disagree with the argument hes making but it tries to stay factual.

A view on their internal politics.

I know why Hitler hated so bad Jews that he wanted to annihilate them.
The answer is clear: Hitler wanted to annihilate them, because he was a moron racist who escaped from crazy hospital and who serves Iblis, that is why he wanted to exterminate Jews, because he does not have mercy at all, he was mercyless and heartless.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.