/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous survey about mental illness for dissertation

N66
12-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Asalam alaikum,

I am conducting research on Muslims beliefs about mental illness as part of my dissertation. This is a topic that is important in the Muslim community and has not been researched that well in academia before, therefore this would be a rare opportunity to share your insight on this topic whilst also highlighting the importance of this issue of mental illness in the Muslim community. I need 80 responses to this survey, so therefore once again, your participation would be highly appreciated.

It is anonymous and will take no longer than 10 minutes of your time and only consists of closed questions. (btw, You must also be at least 18 years to complete the survey.)

https://goo.gl/forms/3862U069W7Fmnob03

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
12-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Greetings and peace be with you N66; and welcome to the forum.

Mental health problems are often talked about on this forum; so I hope you get a good response. I answered the questions but did not press submit as I am not a Muslim.

On reflection it might help you if you asked people; have you suffered from mental health problems yourself? You might see a difference in how questions are answered. An open question at the end might throw up some interesting thoughts too. It seems a large percentage of mental health issues start when people are young and less resilient to the problems of life. It seems in the UK about 20% of the population have had suicidal thoughts and about 6 % have attempted to take their own lives.

I have found prayer and trusting in God to be the best therapy for any problems.

Blessings
Eric

N66
12-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Thank you for your interest in taking the survey, I did not want to include any open questions to make it easier for analysis. I still haven't had any responses to the questionnaire, I'm sure there are people out there who have 5 minutes to spare to do this questionnaire.

peacefulone
12-25-2018, 03:50 AM
That was interesting but I found the questions vague at times.
That might make it difficult for analysis.
Good luck on your dissertation though. And I pray Allah helps you succeed and bring good ideas on mental health in the muslim community!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
N66
01-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Jazakhallah khair, just bumping this thread. I also just want to say I would of liked to changed some of questions but they are based on scales developed by other researchers and I am not allowed to change this.

N66
03-03-2019, 12:50 PM
I'm closing this study very soon, in about a week and a half, and I would appreciate more responses as I still havent gotten the amount required. Thanks

https://goo.gl/forms/rXMBVBmMLf91VJZq1

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.