/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to behave with the opposite gender

Studentofdeed
12-19-2018, 06:34 AM
I know in Islam we have to be careful with how we behave with the opposite gender. Am I allowed for school or work reasons to interact with the opposite gender? Once I am done, is it permissible for me to text them thank you and delete their numbers? A muslim sister gave me good advice and helped me with a science course. I thanked her and to avoid temptation I deleted her number. Was I essentially sinning by talking to her? My conversations with her were school and Deen based.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dont.know
12-19-2018, 11:11 AM
For questions like these sometimes a short yes or no answer isn't enough it's best you have a conversation with a sheikh or someone of knowledge if u feel u can

*charisma*
12-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

If you have an alternative to the sister, then it is better to do the alternative (ie. any other male.) If not, then interaction should be 100% based solely on what is necessary and nothing more, and interaction should be completely stopped right afterwards. A last and final thanks isn't even necessary, just make du'a for her. Also just because you're talking about the deen doesn't mean that you're free from temptation. In fact, once a brother meets a girl who has good character (or vice versa), then he may fall for her because of her deen or her intelligence or whatever it is that is being discussed. Essentially you're speaking on common ground and you're not exempt from telling yourself that you have good intentions even if the action is in itself wrong or is leading towards making a mistake.

ksonsis
12-19-2018, 01:28 PM
In Islam your sister from your mother is your real sister. But the other ones are your Muslim sisters but you can not interact with them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
12-19-2018, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ksonsis
In Islam your sister from your mother is your real sister. But the other ones are your Muslim sisters but you can not interact with them.
I agree with you

Studentofdeed
12-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Ok I understand. I will be careful inshallah. Also this sin, is it against the person or allah? Like have I wronged this person?
Thanks

Mandy
12-19-2018, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Ok I understand. I will be careful inshallah. Also this sin, is it against the person or allah? Like have I wronged this person?
Thanks
From what I understood, she is the one that initiated contact to help you. I don't believe you have wronged her as it was her choice. However, such interaction should still be avoided as it can lead to numerous problems for the both of you.

Of course, some situation are unavoidable. If that is the case, all you can do is your best then move on quickly. Just be careful that "it was unavoidable" does not become a common excuse to talk with unrelated muslim sisters.

Studentofdeed
12-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Okay thank you again
Jazakallah khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.