/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Christmas

Life_Is_Short
12-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Assalamu alaykum w. w.

I was wondering if I could get some advice. So I have this very close family member that has recently told me that she and some of her family members celebrate Christmas as in they exchange gifts and have the ritualistic tree in their house. Furthermore, she doesn’t want to tell her her children that Santa Clause isn’t real.

As a Muslim, what is the best approach to advice this sister without offending her. I really do not know her.

Islamically, what is the best approach?

Jazakallah Khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
12-25-2018, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE = Life_Is_Short; 3004593] Assalamu alaykum ww

I was wondering if I could get some advice. So I have this very close family member that has recently told me that she and some of her family members celebrate Christmas as in they exchange gifts and have the ritualistic tree in their house. Furthermore, she does not want to tell her her children that Santa Clause is not real.

As a Muslim, what is the best approach to advise this sister without offending her. I really do not know her.

Islamically, what is the best approach?

Jazakallah Khayr [/ QUOTE]

wa 'alaykum as-salaam
I don't know if this is best approach but if I am in this situation, I will tell her there is no Christmas in Islam.
With or without tree, with or without santa claus, with or without exchanging gifts.
Christmas to the Christians means celebrating the birth of son of god. How can a muslim celebrate this?

I am a revert. My family and most people around me are not muslims. I already told them I don't celebrate Christmas, they still greet me Merry Christmas, I just don't greet them back.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.