/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it really disbelief if one abandons the prayers?

Nitro Zeus
12-26-2018, 01:08 PM
What are the rulings for abandoning the prayers?

Many people do interprete this narration of the Prophet differently than what others interpret ate and that could lead someone be confused which is this narration: "Between man and shirk, stands the prayer". Something like this says in Quran. But, if this Muslim denies the prayer while believing that it is obligatory to believe that prayers are obligatory, then this sentence- "this man did not prayed, so he is now a disbeliever" it cannot be applied to him, but if he denies the prayers while disbelieving that it is obligatory, then this sentence can be applied to him.

“This is not the first hadeeth in which it is said that whoever does such-and-such has disbelieved. You have the famous hadeeth ‘whoever swears by other than God has disbelieved,' but we don’t say that whoever says ‘by the life of my father’ has apostatized from his religion. And you know, for example, thehadeethof ‘Umar bin al-Khattaab in Saheeh al-Bukhaari when the Messenger (of God) (‘alayhi ssalaam) heard him swearing by his father, so he (‘alayhi ssalaam) said: ‘Don’t swear by your fathers; whoever of you swears, then let him swear by God or keep silent.’ And in the hadeeth of (‘Umar’s) son ‘Abdullaah bin ‘Umar, he said that the Messenger (of God) (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘Whoever swears by other than Allaah has associated partners with Him,’ and in another narration, ‘he has disbelieved.’

So it is not necessary for the occurrence of the expression ‘whoever does such-and-such has disbelieved’ to mean that he has disbelieved with the disbelief of apostasy. Rather, it can have many meanings, such as for example: ‘he has disbelieved’ can mean that he is close to disbelieving, that he has disbelieved with the disbelief related to (only) actions (i.e., minor kufr), and such meanings that the people of knowledge were obliged to (apply) in order to reconcile between the texts.

‘Whoever abandons the prayer has disbelieved.’ (But also) we say, ‘whoever says: there's no god but God (sincerely) will enter Paradise; ‘whoever says: there is no god but God (sincerely), it will benefit him some day,’ as mentioned in the narration of al-Bazzaar and others. (Another narrarions mentions that) ‘whichever slave runs away from his master has disbelieved.’ These expressions are very numerous: ‘he has disbelieved, he has disbelieved.’ And there isn’t any hadeeththat is interpreted like this upon its apparent meaning if it comes with the expression: ‘he has disbelieved.’ This narrarion – ‘whoever abandons the prayer has disbelieved’ – is treated the same way as the other narrations which share the saying ‘he has disbelieved’ with the hadeeth about prayer. So here, many interpretations can occur for this text as for many (other) narrations. For example, ‘the tale-carrier[11] will not enter Paradise,’ (but) does that mean that he has disbelieved because of his tale-carrying? The answer is: if he considers that to be permissible by his heart, then Paradise has been forbidden for him. And if he acknowledges the forbiddance of that, and admits that he is wrong, a sinner and an evildoer, then his affair is with God, as He, the Mighty and Majestic, said: ‘Verily, God forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills.’ So abandoning the prayer is an action that leads its doer to die upon other thanfaith - and God's protection is sought. And abandoning the prayer is from the characteristics of the disbelievers who don’t pray and don’t give obligatory charity. Hence, if the Muslim does not pray, he has resembled the disbelievers. So his disbelief here is the disbelief related to actions [as long as he believes in the legislation of the prayer]. And the narrations which must be explained (with regard to their true meanings) are very numerous.

Hopefully I made myself clear to everyone.

NOTE: If anyone of you wished to comment below about anything, please feel free to do it.

Peace✌️

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Being close to kufr is an extremely serious matter, shouldn't be taken for granted.

eesa the kiwi
12-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Sounds like you are searching for justification

Nitro Zeus
12-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Well practically yes, I am searching for justifications because I keep hearing from both sides telling me that if I don't pray I'm disbeliever, and my parents told me not to take a part from Quran, but I have read a whole Quran for understanding and that I'm a Muslim but a weak Muslim for not praying. And so, this made me to have strong doubts about myself what I am. I can't find exact answer for this question I'm looking for.
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Sounds like you are searching for justification

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
12-27-2018, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Well practically yes, I am searching for justifications because I keep hearing from both sides telling me that if I don't pray I'm disbeliever, and my parents told me not to take a part from Quran, but I have read a whole Quran for understanding and that I'm a Muslim but a weak Muslim for not praying. And so, this made me to have strong doubts about myself what I am. I can't find exact answer for this question I'm looking for.
"And when it is said to them, 'Prostrate yourselves!' they do not so. Ah woe, that Day, to the rejecters of Truth!

(The Noble Quran, 77:48-49)"

Rejecters of truth:

Rejecting the truth is kufr and those who reject the truth are kafir

"What led you into Hell-Fire? They will say; 'We were not of those who prayed;'

(The Noble Quran, 74:42-43)"

May Allah :swt1: make us good Muslims and protect us from hell fire. Ameen

azc
12-27-2018, 12:54 PM
@Nitro Zeus :

Some verses for your mother:

the Bible teaches its followers to Prostrate to the One True Living GOD Almighty:

"Then David said to the whole assembly, "Praise the LORD your God." So they all praised the LORD , the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king.(From the NIV Bible, 1 Chronicles 29:20)"

"Then once again I fell prostrate before the LORD for forty days and forty nights; I ate no bread and drank no water, because of all the sin you had committed, doing what was evil in the LORD's sight and so provoking him to anger.(From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 9:18)"

"the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who has knowledge from the Most High, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened: (From the NIV Bible, Numbers 24:16)"

"When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD -he is God! The LORD -he is God!"(From the NIV Bible, 1 Kings 18:39)"

Jesus peace be upon him taught his followers to bow down to Allah Almighty in worship;"Going a little farther, he [Jesus] fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'(From the NIV Bible, Matthew 26:39)"

- - - Updated - - -

Genesis 17:3
Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

Genesis 24:26
Then the man bowed low and worshiped the LORD.

Exodus 12:27
you shall say, 'It is a Passover sacrifice to the LORD who passed over the houses of the sons of Israel in Egypt when He smote the Egyptians, but spared our homes '" And the people bowed low and worshiped.

Exodus 34:8
Moses made haste to bow low toward the earth and worship.

Deuteronomy 26:10
'Now behold, I have brought the first of the produce of the ground which You, O LORD have given me.' And you shall set it down before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God;

Deuteronomy 33:3
"Indeed, He loves the people; All Your holy ones are in Your hand, And they followed in Your steps; Everyone receives of Your words.

1 Kings 1:47
"Moreover, the king's servants came to bless our lord King David, saying, 'May your God make the name of Solomon better than your name and his throne greater than your throne!' And the king bowed himself on the bed.

2 Kings 17:36
"But the LORD, who brought you up from the land of Egypt with great power and with an outstretched arm, Him you shall fear, and to Him you shall bow yourselves down, and to Him you shall sacrifice.

1 Chronicles 29:20
Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the LORD your God." And all the assembly blessed the LORD, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the LORD and to the king.

2 Chronicles 29:28
While the whole assembly worshiped, the singers also sang and the trumpets sounded; all this continued until the burnt offering was finished.

Nehemiah 8:6
Then Ezra blessed the LORD the great God. And all the people answered, "Amen, Amen!" while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.

Psalm 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Isaiah 66:23
"And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

Psalm 5:7
But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house, At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.

Psalm 138:2
I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.

Exodus 32:8
"They have quickly turned aside from the way which I commanded them. They have made for themselves a molten calf, and have worshiped it and have sacrificed to it and said, 'This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt!'"

Psalm 95:6
Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.

2 Chronicles 20:18
Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the LORD, worshiping the LORD.

Exodus 4:31
So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD was concerned about the sons of Israel and that He had seen their affliction, then they bowed low and worshiped.

Verse Concepts
Bowing To False Gods
2 Kings 17:35
with whom the LORD made a covenant and commanded them, saying, "You shall not fear other gods, nor bow down yourselves to them nor serve them nor sacrifice to them.

Nitro Zeus
12-27-2018, 01:14 PM
An error has occurred...

Nitro Zeus
12-27-2018, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@Nitro Zeus :

Some verses for your mother:

the Bible teaches its followers to Prostrate to the One True Living GOD Almighty:

"Then David said to the whole assembly, "Praise the LORD your God." So they all praised the LORD , the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king.(From the NIV Bible, 1 Chronicles 29:20)"

"Then once again I fell prostrate before the LORD for forty days and forty nights; I ate no bread and drank no water, because of all the sin you had committed, doing what was evil in the LORD's sight and so provoking him to anger.(From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 9:18)"

"the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who has knowledge from the Most High, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened: (From the NIV Bible, Numbers 24:16)"

"When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD -he is God! The LORD -he is God!"(From the NIV Bible, 1 Kings 18:39)"

Jesus peace be upon him taught his followers to bow down to Allah Almighty in worship;"Going a little farther, he [Jesus] fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'(From the NIV Bible, Matthew 26:39)"

- - - Updated - - -

Genesis 17:3
Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

Exodus 12:27
you shall say, 'It is a Passover sacrifice to the LORD who passed over the houses of the sons of Israel in Egypt when He smote the Egyptians, but spared our homes '" And the people bowed low and worshiped.

Exodus 34:8
Moses made haste to bow low toward the earth and worship.

Deuteronomy 26:10
'Now behold, I have brought the first of the produce of the ground which You, O LORD have given me.' And you shall set it down before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God;

Deuteronomy 33:3
"Indeed, He loves the people; All Your holy ones are in Your hand, And they followed in Your steps; Everyone receives of Your words.

1 Kings 1:47
"Moreover, the king's servants came to bless our lord King David, saying, 'May your God make the name of Solomon better than your name and his throne greater than your throne!' And the king bowed himself on the bed.

2 Kings 17:36
"But the LORD, who brought you up from the land of Egypt with great power and with an outstretched arm, Him you shall fear, and to Him you shall bow yourselves down, and to Him you shall sacrifice.

1 Chronicles 29:20
Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the LORD your God." And all the assembly blessed the LORD, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the LORD and to the king.

2 Chronicles 29:28
While the whole assembly worshiped, the singers also sang and the trumpets sounded; all this continued until the burnt offering was finished.

Nehemiah 8:6
Then Ezra blessed the LORD the great God. And all the people answered, "Amen, Amen!" while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.

Psalm 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Isaiah 66:23
"And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

Psalm 5:7
But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house, At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.

Psalm 138:2
I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.

Exodus 32:8
"They have quickly turned aside from the way which I commanded them. They have made for themselves a molten calf, and have worshiped it and have sacrificed to it and said, 'This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt!'"

Psalm 95:6
Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.

2 Chronicles 20:18
Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the LORD, worshiping the LORD.

Exodus 4:31
So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD was concerned about the sons of Israel and that He had seen their affliction, then they bowed low and worshiped.

Verse Concepts
Bowing To False Gods
2 Kings 17:35
with whom the LORD made a covenant and commanded them, saying, "You shall not fear other gods, nor bow down yourselves to them nor serve them nor sacrifice to them.
What does these verses from,Bible has to do with Quran? Did you know what Bible has only lies and only Quran has absolute truth?

Nitro Zeus
12-27-2018, 09:40 PM
"And when it is said to them, 'Prostrate yourselves!' they do not so. Ah woe, that Day, to the rejecters of Truth!

(The Noble Quran, 77:48-49)"

Rejecters of truth:

Rejecting the truth is kufr and those who reject the truth are kafir

"What led you into Hell-Fire? They will say; 'We were not of those who prayed;'

(The Noble Quran, 74:42-43)"

May Allah :swt1: make us good Muslims and protect us from hell fire. Ameen
Uhh, isnt that narration aplicable for those who are capable of praying, and for those who have arent capable not because of ignorance, then it is not applicable this? Or, it is applicable for both sides? Man, I'm so scared even to think about death. I wished I could be able to perform regulate prayers.

ChosenTCO
12-27-2018, 11:21 PM
Uhh, isnt that narration aplicable for those who are capable of praying, and for those who have arent capable not because of ignorance, then it is not applicable this? Or, it is applicable for both sides? Man, I'm so scared even to think about death. I wished I could be able to perform regulate prayers.
Dude, why are you being hard on yourself. Take it easy. This religion isnt about dragging people to hell if they dont say hello to their neighbors or whatever. You just gotta be sincere when trying to make an effort towards improving your iman and being closer to Allah (AWJ) no matter how small it is.

If you dont pray any of the daily prayers, then start with one of them and be consistent. Pray it everyday untill you feel like you cant live without it. When you reach that point add another one to your day and persist. If you fail, pick yourself back up, make up for it and try again. Try, try, and try again! untill the prayer becomes part of living, just like breathing, just like going to the bathroom, just like sleeping and eating. Feed your soul with prayer like you feed your body with food.

Dont think or have it in your mind that prayer is a certain set of movements and words that you have to do to become a muslim. This prayer is meant to connect you with god. It is meant to disconnect you of this wordly materialistic life we live in and connect with the creator who created this life that your living in and the one who created the next life we will all be in. The one that actually matters. So please him and dont despair. Each action you take to bring you closer to Allah, he will notice and appreciate. Dont belittle a good deed no matter how small it is.

Small steps brother. Small steps. but make them sincere!

Nitro Zeus
12-27-2018, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
Dude, why are you being hard on yourself. Take it easy. This religion isnt about dragging people to hell if they dont say hello to their neighbors or whatever. You just gotta be sincere when trying to make an effort towards improving your iman and being closer to Allah (AWJ) no matter how small it is.

If you dont pray any of the daily prayers, then start with one of them and be consistent. Pray it everyday untill you feel like you cant live without it. When you reach that point add another one to your day and persist. If you fail, pick yourself back up, make up for it and try again. Try, try, and try again! untill the prayer becomes part of living, just like breathing, just like going to the bathroom, just like sleeping and eating. Feed your soul with prayer like you feed your body with food.

Dont think or have it in your mind that prayer is a certain set of movements and words that you have to do to become a muslim. This prayer is meant to connect you with god. It is meant to disconnect you of this wordly materialistic life we live in and connect with the creator who created this life that your living in and the one who created the next life we will all be in. The one that actually matters. So please him and dont despair. Each action you take to bring you closer to Allah, he will notice and appreciate. Dont belittle a good deed no matter how small it is.

Small steps brother. Small steps. but make them sincere!
You mean, to start with 1 o 2 prayers in the beginning, and later on in future I can start with 5? Is it even acceptible for me to do this in Islam? And I'm scared because I don't wanf to wake up in grave knowing that I'm a disbeliever, I want to wake up in grave knowing that I'm good Muslim. And the reason for this, is because if I pray in public, others will think of me that I'm fanatic and would even mock me badly and they would say about me "O what a poor man" I hate being mocked, I had being mocked before, now I do not want anymore to be mocked again. I only can pray in private clean places without being bothered by others.

Frankie90
12-28-2018, 02:31 AM
Perhaps do as they suggested above, start with just one or two prayers. And perhaps after awhile, you will feel more confident in doing them wherever you need to? :3

azc
12-28-2018, 02:47 AM
What does these verses from,Bible has to do with Quran? Did you know what Bible has only lies and only Quran has absolute truth?
these verses were posted for your mother, not for you.

azc
12-28-2018, 05:36 AM
at least you should pray salah when you are not in school.

Nitro Zeus
12-28-2018, 11:16 AM
at least you should pray salah when you are not in school.
Ok, I can do this.

Nitro Zeus
12-28-2018, 12:29 PM
Ok, I can do this.
Willl God accept my prayer like this way? Because, after I graduate highschool, I'm gonna assing myself to Aerospace Engineer college, then I get to work at NASA as airspace engineer. And when I get there, I can also pray when I come from work? Is that also acceptible? Because, over there there will be no time, because I will be busy with other engineers building the engines of spaceships, thats my dream.

azc
12-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Willl God accept my prayer like this way? Because, after I graduate highschool, I'm gonna assing myself to Aerospace Engineer college, then I get to work at NASA as airspace engineer. And when I get there, I can also pray when I come from work? Is that also acceptible? Because, over there there will be no time, because I will be busy with other engineers building the engines of spaceships, thats my dream.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2071...0%2C1083005878

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.