/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nikah on phone

aayat
12-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Assalamu alaikum ,

I want to know if nikah can be done over a call?
Is it considered? If yes!
What are the procedures

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
12-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Asalaamualaykum

The Ulema have different opinions on the issue. Some allow it, Some don't.

I have suspect most the Ulema in most countries will not risk the measure as we are in times of great Fitn.

Example: In UK certain musjids now only make a Nikah if the civil court marriage is signed first. The reason is because they have been caught out with issues of purposeful deceit of disinformation regarding the actual partner. The civil court signing already ensures that The Girl is who she says she is and the Boy is who he says he is.

In South Africa lately - a lady had been marrying men multiple times and running off with their Mehr. The examples go on and on for eternity regarding the Haraam and Fitn of people.

The Ulema rejecting phone call Nikahs this are not acting out of whims but rather taking the safest approach to ensure the Nikah is not a fraud.

azc
12-29-2018, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aayat
Assalamu alaikum ,

I want to know if nikah can be done over a call?
Is it considered? If yes!
What are the procedures
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/darulifta...0%2C7351293572

How is a marriage contract performed over the telephone and what are the absolute minimum requirements for a marriage contract to be valid? - IslamQA
How is a marriage contract performed over the telephone and what are the absolute minimum requirements for a marriage contract to be valid?...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.