/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Heaven

Nitro Zeus
12-29-2018, 06:18 PM
I wonder, if God says there is day and evening in Heaven, thats mean there is time. But what I dont understand is, that why do we need time in Heaven?

And when I get to Heaven, I,can ask God's Permission to make Dua for He To remove my kafir mother(in case she died as kafir) and admite her in Paradise and to dwell forever? Will God grant me this wish?

What are we gonna do when we reach Heaven? Are we gonna be borned in Heaven after a while? Or we will no longer feel this? Just in curiosity.

Will God lift from us prayer, legislations and laws and eventually we will no longer be needed to perform prayers and other things?

Can I wish to have in Heaven Telekinesis? Would this wish be granted?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-30-2018, 08:35 AM
@Nitro Zeus :

day and evening in Heaven
‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood :ra: said: There is no night or day with your Lord; the light of the heavens is from the light of His Countenance. In the verse (interpretation of the meaning), “And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and afternoon” [Maryam 19:62],

there is an indication that the people of Paradise will know when it is morning and afternoon by means of lights that will appear from the direction of the Throne. At some times there will be more light than at other times, for there will be no darkness there, and these lights are all created by Allah :swt1: , may He be exalted.

End quote from Bayaan Talbees al-Jahamiyyah (2/284-286).

dua for kafir mother
Keep on doing dua for her guidance. In case she is reluctant to accept Islam, then at least let her say shahadah without intention of accepting Islam. How you let her say kalimah depends on you.

Molana Kalim Siddiqi HA, a great Indian proselytizer advises Muslims to let their non Muslim friends, relatives recite the kalimah shahadah, InshaAllah, sooner or later, May Allah :swt: shower his mercy upon those who died as kafir though but once they'd recited this kalimah shahadah.
Telekinesis
why not.

Nitro Zeus
12-31-2018, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@Nitro Zeus :

‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood :ra: said: There is no night or day with your Lord; the light of the heavens is from the light of His Countenance. In the verse (interpretation of the meaning), “And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and afternoon” [Maryam 19:62],

there is an indication that the people of Paradise will know when it is morning and afternoon by means of lights that will appear from the direction of the Throne. At some times there will be more light than at other times, for there will be no darkness there, and these lights are all created by Allah :swt1: , may He be exalted.

End quote from Bayaan Talbees al-Jahamiyyah (2/284-286).

Keep on doing dua for her guidance. In case she is reluctant to accept Islam, then at least let her say shahadah without intention of accepting Islam. How you let her say kalimah depends on you.

Molana Kalim Siddiqi HA, a great Indian proselytizer advises Muslims to let their non Muslim friends, relatives recite the kalimah shahadah, InshaAllah, sooner or later, May Allah :swt: shower his mercy upon those who died as kafir though but once they'd recited this kalimah shahadah.

why not.
Well, here is the problem. I tried to say nice things about Islam, but she claims that she already knows and believe in it. I tried to convince her that once she get in Heaven, she can wish anything to have, it will be granted to her and doubled. But she tells me thats nonsese, because a soul when it gets in Heaven, it does not need anything but peace and tranquility. And I tried to convince her that it is sinful to have pictures of mine as memory or anyone's, and she tells me that why would anyone not like animated images even angles? That does not make sense, and that is because you have not read with understood the meaning of the verse. Then, I felt useless, because whatever I try to convice her to accept Islam, I fail. Honestly, I'm not able to guide her to Islam. I have also tried to make Dua for her guidance, but I dont know how to notice if she wants to accept Islam, because I have not recorded her desire and wish for accepting Islam. What should I do in order to make her accept Islam willingly without her to feel forced?

azc
12-31-2018, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Well, here is the problem. I tried to say nice things about Islam, but she claims that she already knows and believe in it. I tried to convince her that once she get in Heaven, she can wish anything to have, it will be granted to her and doubled. But she tells me thats nonsese, because a soul when it gets in Heaven, it does not need anything but peace and tranquility. And I tried to convince her that it is sinful to have pictures of mine as memory or anyone's, and she tells me that why would anyone not like animated images even angles? That does not make sense, and that is because you have not read with understood the meaning of the verse. Then, I felt useless, because whatever I try to convice her to accept Islam, I fail. Honestly, I'm not able to guide her to Islam. I have also tried to make Dua for her guidance, but I dont know how to notice if she wants to accept Islam, because I have not recorded her desire and wish for accepting Islam. What should I do in order to make her accept Islam willingly without her to feel forced?
Why don't you suggest her to join Islamicboard...?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
12-31-2018, 04:08 PM
Why don't you suggest her to join Islamicboard...?
She sees me staying on this site, and she gets mad that I dont believe in my parents but I believe in others, and she thinks that it is a waste of time and a bunch of idiots(I dont mean no offense) but she thinks like this about you, and I kept telling het to stop, because it is not true what she says. Shoult I just let her be the way she is?

azc
12-31-2018, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
She sees me staying on this site, and she gets mad that I dont believe in my parents but I believe in others, and she thinks that it is a waste of time and a bunch of idiots(I dont mean no offense) but she thinks like this about you, and I kept telling het to stop, because it is not true what she says. Shoult I just let her be the way she is?
Why your mother said this is because she loves you a lot. So love and respect her.

"Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility and say, "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."[Noble Quran 17:23-24]

The great scholar, Abu al-Faraj Ibn Al-Jawzî (d. 1201CE) explained:

To be kind to one's parents is: to obey them when they order you to do something, unless it is something which Allah :swt: has forbidden; to give priority to their orders over voluntary acts of worship; to abstain from that which they forbid you to do; to provide for them; to serve them; to approach them with gentle humility and mercy; not to raise your voice in front of them; nor to fix your glance on them; nor to call them by their names; and to be patient with them. (Ibn al-Jawzî, Birr al-Wâlidayn)

The Qur'an emphasizes the great struggles the mother goes through for her child, to highlight the need for one to reciprocate their parents sacrifice for them:

"And We have enjoined on man [to be good] to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him and his weaning was over two years. Be thankful to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination."[Noble Quran 31:14]

The renowned exegete, Shaykh Abdur-Rahman As-Sa'di (d. 1956), says about this verse:

{And to your parents} meaning, be kind to your parents, shower on them love, affection and piety, both in words and deeds, treat them with tender humility, provide for them and never harm them verbally nor physically. [...] Then, Allah :swt: mentions the reason why we should be kind to our parents, when He says {His mother bore him in travail upon travail}, that is, the mother bore constant suffering; in pain and hardship from the first moment she felt the child moving in her womb to the worst pangs during the time of delivery. And {his weaning is for two years}, that is, during these two years the mother breast-feeds her child and looks after him/her. So after all the years of suffering, hardship, love and care, could we not, at least, compensate our mothers for what they have done for us and pay them back their rights?
(Taysîr al-Karîm ar-Rahmân fî Tafsîr al-Kalâm al-Manân)

The Qur'an repeats its mention of the struggles of the mother in yet another passage:

"And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."[Noble Quran 46:15]

In connection to this passage, the late Grand Mufti of Pakistan, Shaykh Muhammad Shafy (d. 1976) wrote:

Mother has more rights than father. Although the first part of this verse is a command to do good to both the parents, the second sentence refers only to the hardships suffered by the mother, because they are unavoidable, and no child can be born without them. Every mother has to go through the problems of pregnancy and severe pains of delivery. As against this, it is not necessary for a father that he suffers any hardship in bringing up and educating the child, if he can afford to pay somebody else for these services. This is why the Noble Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has given more rights to the mother than anybody else.

According to a hadîth he (peace and blessings be upon him) has said,

"Do good to and serve your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then the near relatives and then those who come after them."

"And his carrying and his weaning is in thirty months"[Noble Quran 46:15]

Nitro Zeus
01-01-2019, 02:43 AM
Why your mother said this is because she loves you a lot. So love and respect her.

"Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility and say, "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."[Noble Quran 17:23-24]

The great scholar, Abu al-Faraj Ibn Al-Jawzî (d. 1201CE) explained:

To be kind to one's parents is: to obey them when they order you to do something, unless it is something which Allah :swt: has forbidden; to give priority to their orders over voluntary acts of worship; to abstain from that which they forbid you to do; to provide for them; to serve them; to approach them with gentle humility and mercy; not to raise your voice in front of them; nor to fix your glance on them; nor to call them by their names; and to be patient with them. (Ibn al-Jawzî, Birr al-Wâlidayn)

The Qur'an emphasizes the great struggles the mother goes through for her child, to highlight the need for one to reciprocate their parents sacrifice for them:

"And We have enjoined on man [to be good] to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him and his weaning was over two years. Be thankful to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination."[Noble Quran 31:14]

The renowned exegete, Shaykh Abdur-Rahman As-Sa'di (d. 1956), says about this verse:

{And to your parents} meaning, be kind to your parents, shower on them love, affection and piety, both in words and deeds, treat them with tender humility, provide for them and never harm them verbally nor physically. [...] Then, Allah :swt: mentions the reason why we should be kind to our parents, when He says {His mother bore him in travail upon travail}, that is, the mother bore constant suffering; in pain and hardship from the first moment she felt the child moving in her womb to the worst pangs during the time of delivery. And {his weaning is for two years}, that is, during these two years the mother breast-feeds her child and looks after him/her. So after all the years of suffering, hardship, love and care, could we not, at least, compensate our mothers for what they have done for us and pay them back their rights?
(Taysîr al-Karîm ar-Rahmân fî Tafsîr al-Kalâm al-Manân)

The Qur'an repeats its mention of the struggles of the mother in yet another passage:

"And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."[Noble Quran 46:15]

In connection to this passage, the late Grand Mufti of Pakistan, Shaykh Muhammad Shafy (d. 1976) wrote:

Mother has more rights than father. Although the first part of this verse is a command to do good to both the parents, the second sentence refers only to the hardships suffered by the mother, because they are unavoidable, and no child can be born without them. Every mother has to go through the problems of pregnancy and severe pains of delivery. As against this, it is not necessary for a father that he suffers any hardship in bringing up and educating the child, if he can afford to pay somebody else for these services. This is why the Noble Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has given more rights to the mother than anybody else.

According to a hadîth he (peace and blessings be upon him) has said,

"Do good to and serve your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then the near relatives and then those who come after them."

"And his carrying and his weaning is in thirty months"[Noble Quran 46:15]
I understand this, but what she said made me feel bad, because I dont like for someone to insult Muslims or to speak bad intentionally about them(Muslims). When I'm told to worship my parents, what does that suppose to mean? Because, to me it sounded like shirk and I was shocked to hear this, because I made an oath not to worship anyone beside God Almighty.

azc
01-01-2019, 08:33 AM
No you will not worship them at all. Even if they ask you to commit shirk you will say them politely 'No'.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.